Updated privacy policy

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Every forum now shows an announcement with the following text:
Given that GDPR is becoming a thing this Friday, we have updated our privacy policy to make clear to you how we deal with your personal information.
If you want to discuss this new policy, this is the place to do it.

Last edited:
Do you share our personal data with somebody else?

As the document states, no!
However, we do use Google analytics, so your IP address is transferred to Google, but they, in order to be compliant with GDPR, don’t store that IP adres as is, but remove the last 3 digits before storing it.

Last edited:
Well done! Europe keeps you busy. But hey, nothing more fulfilling as writing policies and legal stuff. ;)

Yes, it's been a drag sorting out compliance. I think the GDPR is a step forward, though.

I'm going to demand my info from a couple of the big data brokers, to see what the bastards have on us.

Even asking your data at Facebook is possible now if you do not have an account.

These two last days my mailboxes are filled with companies asking permission. And some are finally making it easy to unsubscribe. Which I did.

Thanks. I have read it. I hate being seen and treated as, well, just a bucket of money. The future looks gloom.

I remember some thread "what's currently happening in Europe"...
Well, this is happening. And this means war. For sure Facebook is not happy and will try to undermine this "nastyness" every way possible with of course washing hands on voting scandals and blaming someone else.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/steam-parental-permission
It looks like Valve will also require "parental permission" for users of the Steam platform located in the EU like Riot will with LoL, thereby making EU GDPR a super-COPPA. Users suspected to be under 16 may be locked out or otherwise have restricted functionality after Friday.
On one hand maybe there's still a cure for lootboxes called - parents.
On another, this is why Red Dead Redemption won't be discounted on Steam sale. Wait...

Pff went away from pc for around 6h today and got 58 new emails about this gdpr shit

They must ensure they get the consent of the farmed, the previous system left the option that the farmed could be farmed against their will.

Going on YT, the main vid product recommandations are usually about UgoIgo products. This comes from the tracking made of this site. So much for privacy.

Going on YT, the main vid product recommandations are usually about UgoIgo products.
Dafuq?

Look, your obsession with streaming and meaningless words… erm… takes me a huge effort to avoid swearing… has absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

dan-kad-se-zemlja-zaustavila_7YP0xB.jpg

dan-kad-se-zemlja-zaustavila_5kS5tF.jpg

If however you can't understand anything from pics and writing, here's stream just for you:

Do you share our personal data with ourselves ?

Not sure what you mean with that question. If you are asking if you can get insight in what data we have available on you, the answer is in the policy.

Back
Top Bottom