The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I managed to complete my farming of the Lordsmarch quests. So now my cleric and paladin both have Katra's wit, Tezara's sight and Maenyas fists. That is good because all pulls I get can be given to the other guildies when we run the quests.

Having all 3 together is very good for most classes. If you upgrade them then the items become even better.

My cleric is nearing level 13 where he will get destruction. I guess the monsters should start fearing now. :)

My paladin has not done anything and waits for the guildies to play on Friday evenings. Are we continuing with our standard "low" level group on Friday? I guess we still have to finish Sorrowdusk.

How far/deep are you into Sorrowdusk ? If I remember correctly, I have this pack now, too.

I joined a PUG today. with totally mixed results.

Irestone Inlet. Levels 4-5 or 6 I think.

Two completely different approaches.

First attempt: The leader pulls one out of a group and we finish that one. Then the next, etc. at one point it went wrong.

Second attempt : Very similar (almost identical) in theory, but the group got split far too much - it was almost as if 2 mini-groups were at each end of the quest area ... This led to a complete wipe.

Third attempt : Brute force. No elegance in tactics whatsoever. Two toos were exchanged, among them was a … female monk ? She raced so far ahead and killed everything almost instantly. There wasn't much to do for the others anymore, then.

But at least we got it made.

Because they said that Hypnosis would be good, I had bought a few scrolls for my level 5 wizard. Were unused because of that … monk ? (She must've been a monk, judging from the fighting style, but I've never seen a monk at performing, at least I don't remember one.)

In an attempt to help them, I used the "Grease" spell. apparently that was a mistake, because at least one of the group didn't like it at all. I think I'll use it only for soloing, then.

I must say that I'm disappointed after all. The mood was good in the beginning, but dropped considerable after the wipe, and with the … monk ? It wasn't any fun for me anymore. I think that I'm just not a "brute force" type of player. And no zerging, either. ;)

At least the loot was quite good. ;)

That's correct, Peter.

I'm out this week (parents in town).

And I'm out too, so you can go raid someone or something!! :)

Since we are down 2 this week, I suggest we work on getting Sherina to 20 on our high levels. She's on her last rank, so it won't take long. The low levels will out-run Corwin and Dte, so we can't run them.

We found out that the named items from the chest in Mindsunder now drop in the end rewards, and it has a list every 3 completions. So IQ might be a good place to easily farm xp and some strong gear. Since we've been giving Dte all our shards, we don't have much to run with, but if we run the whole chain we should get a good bit of xp and enough for a couple of runs.

Aerii has the Panther hireling, so we only need 1 more. It proved to be fairly effective actually, doing fair damage and not taking much, during our earlier run in the Vale today. He actually had cleared several foes from the balcony solo while we were buffing in Mindsunder. I think none of our characters match him in HP, actually.

An alternative, since Alrik is 11 on his Ranger, is to hit our mid-levels; Peter's Cleric, JM's Artificer, and whatever CM wants to bring. I have my Fighter or Favored Soul, and we can hit Lordsmarch or whatever.

We've about cleaned out my shard/disc collection anyway. I've got 1 red disk, and 1 or 2 shards each of red, green, and blue. No yellow at all. You might remember a couple months ago we farmed the heck out of IQ and picked up 3 of the Mindsunder bonus chests (pretty sure it was 3). That put a healthy dent in the guild's collection of disks and shards that I ended up holding for us.

I propose we get Mariannelle to level 20 and then we can play with Alrik if he's available. We can even play with our mid level toons (level 11-15) if Alrik is not there. Farming for high level gear is possible too.

I'll be available, but on the other hand I've got things to do on Saturday as well - which means that I can't stay awake all night long (Lionel Richie song ;) ) local time.

I can really recommend Microsoft's own "time zones" mini-program. It displays the local time of towns you select in a "bubble"/tooltip window.
The only price you'll have to pay for it is a "Genuine MS Product" check. You know, the one with which they check if your OS is legal or not.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&id=25166
Edit : From that page, this "Genuine" check isn't needed anymore before downloading. Huh ?

Yesterday, Az gave me a new helmet called "Minos Legend". I like this name especially because of my favourite hobby, Archaeology. ;)
However, this led to me buying Necro 4 from my points.
Good or bad, I don't know, but at least I have something more for questing. ;)
And my first real Raid, I guess ?

However, the result of this is rather odd : I have now Necro 1 & 4, but not the in-between parts. But since they don't have a very well reputation I can accept it as it is now, I guess.

Now I've got to meet a trainer/teacher for doing the actual level-up.
And then I need to sell/give away quite a lot of items I have no use for anyway.
I think it's time to give away a few clickies, too.

Edit : Lammannia : Update 13 Patch 1 Notes : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066
That means that a patch is really coming. Goood news !:)

NEW: Tome upgrades will now work after reincarnation.

NEW: New guild incentives are here! See below for more information.

NEW: Cranium Rat and Kobold Shaman Creature Companions are now available in the DDO Store. Additional tricks and gear for these companions are available as well.

Edit : A snippet : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=366803
There is an not uninteresting remark by one of the developers there, but i really don't know of which quest they are speaking !?

Edit : New free item : A "Greater Jewel Of Fortune", Coupon Code : 33PHMP
Gives a bonus to loot.
Source : http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

And the Servers are being restarted now. Probably because of the new Patch.

Last edited:
A few guild names I've found in MyDDO (I've replaced both "Renown" & "Members" with one another to make the numbers more clear) :

Code:
Name			Level	 	Members		Renown 		
Because I can 		1		1		0
zoes my name 		1		1		20
The Electric Amish 	2		1		685
Badonkadonk 		4		1		3213
I hate this guild name 	4		1		5173
Soko Irrlicht		73		121		20083884

"Soko Irrlicht" is insofar interesting in that it is in German language (although *not* on Wayfinder !) and the term "Soko" is an abbreviation of "Sonderkommission" and means more or less (rather more) "special investigations group" in police departments. A Soko is usually founded within a police department to go after very special commited crimes, like a heist or a murder, for example.
And "Irrlicht" means nothing but "ghost light", from the verb "verirren" which means "to go astray". An Irrlicht is a light which people mistake as a light shining home, and then they go astray and might end up in a fen or a moor.

(Uh, only now I understand why there are so many "whisps" in the Red Fens ... I didn't know that "will-o'-wisp is just another possible translation for "Irrlicht" ...)

Last edited:
Alrick, you save me so much forum and page search time. ;) I can keep up on news and changes and you edit out the extra time to find the info.

Anyway, we were talking about running our level 20's to help JM get her one level 18 up a bit. Not sure what we will end up really doing. They often change my mind for me after we get going. :) Sunday, ( USA ) sounded like a no go for most but Mon day was suggested. So jump in and just see what we have planned, or should I say what we land on by chance. :)

My grandson has a toon he got to Guild level 5. I made him a Guild called "Don't have a guild name." That way I know he is not being pulled into a guild who would not really want him as he is young and doesn't play for weeks at a time.

LOL, now that's a guild name ! :lol:

I wouldn't have thought of it ! :lol:

A few more names :

Code:
Name				Level	Renown 		Members	

Temp				1	0	1
WARNING OR ALERT		14	156310	1
NO I will not join your guild	2	1190	1
zerging your way thru life	14	1	164647
gouda				1	0	1
i am a big guy			1	65	1
The Guild of Working Together	1	0	1
Iron Maidens			1	0	1
Dutch Oven			3	2225	1
Red Squadron			81	27531254	89
She said she was level 19	80	25812017	96
Veni Vidi Vici			78	23767021	21
monty python's flying circus	70	17589116	527
Haggle Masters			1	0	1
It's all a gift			1	285	1
The Adventure Pack		79	25493334	27
Mausoleum			5	8750	1
Storage Unit			1	0	1
X Factor			1	0	1
Duisburger Haufen		79	25418001	101
Pay it Forward			68	16173141	993
Silent Night			9	37489	426
The Insane Three		27	1010994	1
G O O D N I T E			5		6640	1
Laughing Dragons		3	1445	1
New Player Advice and Help	1	0	1
Failed Unicorn			84	30101527	71
Samurai Pizza Cats		77	23722622	315
O.T.R.A.			77	22991809	128
runaway				3	1439	1
I am Lonesome tonite		1	0	1
BLAAAARRGGGG			1	0	1
Ftw				1	0	1
Mass Epics for the Masses	1	0	1
Goths and Vandals		1	0	1
Zerg Zerg			80	25963231	38
Single Malt Addicts		97	46945714	119
Me Myself and Die		1	386	1
Killing at Random		17	258689	1
Achillies Last Stand		9	37440	1
Up In Smoke Clan		11	80710	1
Oil				1	215	1
World of Juice			1	0	1
Sick of Rolling Ones		1	0	1
DDO AMERICA SEASON II		37	2591000	16
Die Wikinger von Haithabu	30	1412254	49
Community Mitarbeiter		1	375	1
The Secret Church of Foamy	3	2996	1

Notes :

- "Iron Maidens" gets a fully new meaning here ! :lol:
- gouda = the cheese ?
- Duisburg = German town, said to be the biggest harbour of whole Europe - "Haufen" means "heap" or "cohort" (in a military sense)
- The Insane Three has only 1 member - how many personalities are there involved ?
- O.T.R.A. was the name of a multi-author story I was participating in at the Larian Forums : "On the Road again" - I have no idea what this means here, though
- DDO AMERICA SEASON II is based on the German-languuage server of Wayfinder
- "Die Wikinger von Haithabu" means "The Vikings of Haithabu"
- "Community Mitarbeiter" means "Community Employee" - is this a scam ?

It's been a hard and workful Saturday for me, so I can say "thank you all" only now.

It was a great run Friday night !

I won't go online on Saturday evening, and if, then only to take a close look at the newly aquired items.

I had put a few things into the chest, too.

Remember my above post about the Lammannia U13 Patch 1 notes :

The creatures which are announced there are now officially announced for the DDO shop : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostorecomingsoon

Personally, I find the "Cranium Rat" a bit too dark, and the mask of the Kobold much too big … But anyway I'm glad that there are a few more creatures out there at all !

(Although I must admit that I'm still a bit jealous about that tiny panther companion … It just looks too cute ! ;) )

I think if I find a companion creature there which evokes my interest, then I might perhaps buy it one day, too.

My only fear is right now that the servers might go down because of too many of them roaming the streats of Stormreach ! :lol: ;)

P.S. : The "Tomes Of Learning" are there as kinds of upgrades ? in the shop until March, 29th, too,
and, if I have understood this correctly, they are currently 50 % off.

+3 Tomes are there in the shop as well, the site says.
Same time period, but no discounts.

Edit : Seems Guild Ship companion Sully van Grog has another profession, too : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=366979

Last edited:
Well … Today Peter and I, we have been busy. ;)
Independent from one another.

Anyway, I fetched that free "greater jewel of fortune x1" with the coupon code of 33PHMP today, and went thinking on where to use it most efficiently incombination with the "Elixir of lesser Guild Renown" that was available for free last week or that wek before ? Because I figured that this weekend there was still these above mentioned Guild Renown Bonus Days event running, so I thought of combining all of these … I decided to do "Irestone Inlet" on normal with my wizard and his Jewel Of Fortune …

The result was good. It was only 5 seconds or so after I had taken the Guild Renown thingy from one of the last chests as a message appared in the chat window : "Congratulations ! You guild has reached level 55 !" Or so I have it in my memory.

With receiving this message I was proud to have managed with all of you to indeed reach level 55 this weekend - as I had predicted - and hoped - before.

Then, after completion, I met Peter on the ship (don't know whether by chance or not), and we formed a small group, and wentt on, buying a new ship.

It's massive ! It looks great, it looks like luxury … ;)

Together (well, he made everything ;) ) we placed the new items on the deck and below. Everything is retained, and several things are added.

Then we dissolved our small group.

The only real drawback with everything is that the two additional rooms need to be opened before you can access the stuff inside of them. But imho that's only a small disadvantage.

What you discuss, how many and which shrines etc. will be kept there, that's up to you now, since you are the officers and I'm still a member. ;)

The only thing I'd add is an idea : To keep a field free for temporary shrines, for example for a few days or weeks or so - but I must say that I have no real idea how long the contracts last … I think I should have taken a closer. look. Well, perhaps next time.

To sum it up, I find the new ship great ! :)

Alrik

I thought I'd promoted you to officer. Only 1 of my toons has that power so I'll have to remember to do it when I'm next running it.

Back
Top Bottom