WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Lobo had to summon an Aeon to open a portal back in time to correct a few things. I.e. I learned some things I wanted to adjust or do so deleted my final saves and reloaded a couple hours before I went to Threshold to finish some quests (Nenio, Storyteller, Areelu) and redo one of them (Daeran).

Tip being - keep plenty of saves :)

I'm not doing Nenio in this second playthrough.
There is no point of doing it when you play trickster path.
You get to fight a bonus demon lord during myth quests so Nenio quest is pretty much not needed for anything.
Nocticula herself!

A question for anyone who knows - is it possible to save Yozz and recruit him as an endgame helper through a specific myth? Whatever I tell him, he always sides with the guild, not me.
I didn't succeed in both of my playthroughs.

Also, if anyone played lich - if I let Hilor die, can I raise him as undead and then respec?

Final question is the Book of Dreams. It's on my belt all the time yet is stuck on page two since I found it. What did I miss?

Oh I will never do Nenio's quest ever again. It is never ending. On and on and on and on and on .. puzzle after puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. That Engima place is freaking huge.

I will do it once simply to know I did it. Never again though. I like her a lot but totally my least favorite companion quest line by a long mile.

Basically: If you play Angel, the final quest of the game is currently broken.
Angel path ruined this game for everyone else.
If you don't play angel, you'll be carrying 20+ daggers in your inventory marked as quest items (gold) and there is no quest to be found.
An abyssmal design fail forcing a player to google for spoilers.

About Last Steps quest in Angel path, if I understood correctly once you return to Drezen, a dialogue with Iomedae occurs - and breaks the ongoing game as there is another cutscene overlapping with it. Other myth paths do not have Iomedae cutscene.
Restart the game and try to enter Drezen again, hope that the Iomedae cutscene won't break the next one. If it doesn't break it, enter Drezen headquarters and exit to trigger the cutscene other myth paths normally get to see.
Oh I will never do Nenio's quest ever again. It is never ending. On and on and on and on and on .. puzzle after puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. That Engima place is freaking huge.

I will do it once simply to know I did it. Never again though. I like her a lot but totally my least favorite companion quest line by a long mile.
Actually I will replay it in the lich playthrough as there is no bonus demon lord to defeat. Apparently. Because more I read, more I see that half of info on the game players wrote all over internet is either not complete or is misleading. ;)

Angel path ruined this game for everyone else.
If you don't play angel, you'll be carrying 20+ daggers in your inventory marked as quest items (gold) and there is no quest to be found.
An abyssmal design fail forcing a player to google for spoilers.

About Last Steps quest in Angel path, if I understood correctly once you return to Drezen, a dialogue with Iomedae occurs - and breaks the ongoing game as there is another cutscene overlapping with it. Other myth paths do not have Iomedae cutscene.
Restart the game and try to enter Drezen again, hope that the Iomedae cutscene won't break the next one. If it doesn't break it, enter Drezen headquarters and exit to trigger the cutscene other myth paths normally get to see.

Yeah, I've gone in and out of Drezen dozens of times. It's simply broken. And yes, it is specifically related to Iomedae showing up, as both events are basically triggered at the same time (returning from Ix). The second event is essentially overridden by the Angel event, and then the game is busted.

What happens if you let everything to play by itself, sleep at HQ till a day passes and then exit to the streets?
Sorry, I wish I could really help, I didn't play angel thus I don't know if there is a proper workaround on this issue. :(

I've let several weeks pass. Cleared the rest of the map, including the Enigma place etc.

I'll just wait for a fix. In the meantime, I've started my melee lich build, based on this:
https://www.neoseeker.com/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/builds/Main_Character#Melee_Sorcerer

It won't be that exact build, but something along those lines. Looking forward to it. And yes, I was going to do something else, but spell book merging is just too good. It makes such a massive difference in acts 3 and 4, because mythic level in general is limited at that point, but spell book merging is available already at mythic level 3, and grants a much bigger boost in power than other feats.

For those who are not aware: It grants your mythic level to your caster level, both in terms of spell difficulty and available spells. So a level 11 Sorcerer would normally have access to level 5 spells, but a Level 11 Sorcerer with Lich level 3 will have access to level 6 and 7 spells too, because it's basically a level 14 Sorcerer. Same applies to Cleric/Oracle and the Angel mythic path.

Here are a few bug reports to keep track of:
https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/last-step-bug-game-soft-locked/47676
https://forum.owlcatgames.com/t/the-last-steps-quest-not-triggering/47591

If anyone has any tips, I'd be happy to give it a pop. Basically: If you play Angel, the final quest of the game is currently broken.

So.. yeah, that's currently the end of my run. A whooping 150 hours and then the final quest bugged out. I'm more than a little miffed right about now.

I finished my angel run without that bug - maybe this will do the trick:

When I was entering Drezen, I asked my party to be fast travelled to the temple (I thought I had to be inside the temple to get my ML9). Then I exited the temple to Drezen street and got my ML9 cut scene. After that, there was no more cut scene and I had to rest, then exit the citadel to Drezen street to get the cut scene for end of chapter 5.

Last edited:
A question.
Where am I supposed to use Alderpash's skull? The lich from Ineluctable prison.
It's marked as a quest item in inventory.

I just finished my replay of the end. Completed Nenio and while a major headache glad I did.

Also finished end game and had no demons left on the map or their forts.

Also did a few other things I had missed I can't mention here. But the end dialogue with you know who was far more interesting this time and I got a somewhat better ending (still a good aligned one though).

The only sad thing was Sosiel. I missed a very critical step and had no way of fixing it (not sure if a bug or just the way it is). I thought there would be another chance so didn't reload … but nope. I mean he didn't really have a sad ending but I felt sad I didn't become friends or help him out.

Maybe in another life he will have a chance. I am on my second play through with my Dhampir who is going Angel, with the hopes to "cure" himself of his negative energy partial-undead status.

Then he realizes he is what he is and doesn't need to reject himself and will go Mythic Legend. Anyhow he may befriend Sosiel. The Dhampir is a fun challenge juggling the healing of an undead.

I don't really have any desire to romance anyone this game, which is odd as I usually love romances. Only Daeran is of any interest but he bugged out with Lobo, as Sosiel, so I took that as a sign he was meant to be single - devoted to his friends, his god, and Aivu :)
@joxer; - To be on track here I don't recall that skull so afraid I can't help.

But the end dialogue with you know who was far more interesting this time and I got a somewhat better ending (still a good aligned one though).

This dialogue?
pic.jpg
I've enjoyed this playthrough more than the first one as I had a chance to say that line. :)

The only sad thing was Sosiel. I missed a very critical step and had no way of fixing it (not sure if a bug or just the way it is).
Most probably a bug. Per several posts on steam forums I've seen seems that Sosiel events are broken completely.
I wouldn't overthink it much, there is always another replay. ;)

I don't really have any desire to romance anyone this game, which is odd as I usually love romances.
For the next playthrough I've promised to fall in love with the queen, pick lich path, not give her lexicon so I'm 100% sure she gets sacrificed. ;)
The only problem will be the ascension part. Not sure if there is a way to make her not ascend with other companions as it's something I don't want to happen in the end, it needs to be a shakespearean tragedy. ;)

@joxer; - To be on track here I don't recall that skull so afraid I can't help.
You get the skull only if you kill him.
The other option is to help him escape the prison, but… I'm not seeing which MC would do that. Devil maybe?
The third option is to ignore him completely, and since you've reached the level cap by the time you find him, you don't need any XP from him.
However maybe you do need that skull for something as it's marked as a quest item. The question is - what would that be? I haven't found any area in chapter 5 where I could use it and no NPC I talked to cared.

At the top of the compass (bottom left of the screen), there is a pause button. Hover your mouse and it will tell you the time and the date. No need to save a file and check its filename anymore - that's what I was doing in the beta. ;)
Thank you

New patch is out:https://steamcommunity.com/app/1184370/eventcomments/2963922521554134987?snr=2_9_100000_

Some stuff:
Camelia sometimes kept hiding in the basement for too long - fixed;
Camelia can no longer miraculously appear in the party in Act 2 after being killed in Act 1.
Say what? :D
Mielara Tumberd could open a portal even for a player who bargained with Nocticula, but the portal didn't work. Portal will no longer appear in such circumstances.
Actually the portal worked in 1.0.3 as I did not want to use Nocticulas one although accepted her "help" at first.
Didn't know it was a bug.
Cutscene with Hepzamirah in Colyphyr Mines no longer freezes if the player went off the Angel mythic path.
Seems that Angel path is the most broken one. Who'd have thought. ;)
Aivu's Frightful presence could force certain enemies to run off the map, leading to various issues - fixed;
This happened in my azata playthrough twice.
What issues? It was fun! Why are they fixing fun stuff?!
In Drezen player sometimes couldn't pick Mythic path in Chapter 5 because Greybor was hostile and forced combat - fixed;
Wait. For all I know everyone except me killed Greybor. And this didn't happen to me.
Who is the second person who didn't kill him? :)
Fixed a bug preventing an obelisk in Ineluctable Prison from destruction;
Good as the effect it casts is annoying.
Tactical combat no longer freezes after using Mass Hideous Laughter;
Actually it doesn't freeze, only slows down so you wait half a minute each turn. Glad it's fixed.
Balance changes to one of garrison armies in chapter 3;
Hopefully buffed, not nerfed. ;)
Not enough materials were available through the course of the game for Storyteller to craft all items - fixed;
This is true.
I had one relic left useless in the first playthrough. I mean, it'd be useless even if I crafted it… ;)
You can now refuse to meet the travelling merchant;
Thank god, all he sells is junk.

---------------------------------------------------------

And some bad news, the patch didn't fix Angel&Iomedae date bug:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1184...54134987?snr=2_9_100000_#c2963922521554200505
- Still can't progress in the quest "The Last Steps" when I return to Drezen. The cutscene never triggers.

I know I am always curious about how the game reacts to race, class, etc., so thought I would post what I have seen so far with the Dhampir, which hasn't been as much as I had hoped - but I also understand how complex these games are and you really can only do so much - so not a criticism of the game by any means.

I had hoped for a bit more based on how many reactions I got to my main character, Lobo, picking Gozreh as a god. I really didn't expect any reaction to that in the game considering how many religions there are and how minor it is.

Yet I got 6 total in the game that I remember. 1 was flavor text and the other 5 in dialogue, with one of those also granting a special buff. In other words the game knew who my god was and reacted to that.

Dhampir I think were a kickstarter goal so might be why it's less developed. So far I have only had 4 notices. Granted it could also be that other choices in the game would result in more reactions. I am chapter 3 at the moment with my Dhampir.

The first was the bartender in Kenebares, which I was able to ask what our kind are drinking these days :p I got a critical cause wounds potion out of it which was nice and useful.

The second was Nenio when she examined my mouth and I was able to comment about the fangs to which she responded about me being a Dhampir.

The third was with Zacharius when I briefly toyed with being a Lich so wanted to at least meet him. He mentioned my being half-undead would make it easier.

The last one was the skeleton merchant who gave me a potion as a gift, complaining about all those clerics with positive energy. It was not specific to Dhampir though, just my undead status.

What I had been hoping for is that Galfrey or Seelah would have at least said something, or some comment from crusaders. Like hey we have a Dhampir commander. Although I guess having Tieflings and Half-Orcs maybe it isn't a big thing. It just sounded like Dhampir were considered monsters by many. Even Hulrun the Inquisitor had nothing to say about it.

Going Angle Path there also was no special comment or text. I am sure it is uncomfortable for a partially undead Dhampir to be handling all that heavenly energy. I guess its like a mage handling fire with burning hands or the like as they don't get burned in that case.

Will be curious if there are any other reactions later on.

I also wonder how many reactions a Tiefling gets, especially if they take the Reformed Fiend Bloodrager.

I know I am always curious about how the game reacts to race, class, etc., so thought I would post what I have seen so far with the Dhampir, which hasn't been as much as I had hoped - but I also understand how complex these games are and you really can only do so much - so not a criticism of the game by any means.

I remember a few and I think I had more reactivity for playing angel mythic worshiping Iomedae.

I had plenty of dialogues where they recognise I worship Iomedae. Had a few who talked about my character being a half elf - the most memorable one was when we were discussing which army unit should join us, they mentioned rangers being my kin. I found it quite awesome.

When I played aasimar azata in beta, I think I had few racial reactivity from Daeran and Arsinoe. I also remember I could suggest Staunton to worship Sarenrae instead of Torag if he wishes to earn forgiveness etc.

Back
Top Bottom