Dragon's Dogma - Sequel Could Still Happen

Aubrielle

Noveliste
In an interview with PC Gamer, Dragon's Dogma producer Minae Matsukawa announced that a genuine sequel could definitely happen.

Thanks, Renethiel!

A sequel to Dragon's Dogma hasn't been ruled out by Capcom.

Speaking to PC Gamer, producer Minae Matsukawa stated that Dragon's Dogma 2 could still happen. "The Dragon’s Dogma development team members often talk about the possibility of a sequel," said Matsukawa. She added that a continuation really depends on fan feedback for the upcoming PC port of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, as that "will increase the chances that we can look into the possibility of continuing the series."
More information.

More information.

Oh my God - Brumbek may actually explode!

He'll come in all like

tumblr_makinxWmOJ1r0xgqqo1_250.gif

I don't think I've ever seen Ovenall get double-post excited, either.

Didn't he only play like an hour and a half or so before he got bored?

I think he got to the point where this bear kept respawning and ragequit.

To each their own, but boring? The game is 90% epic battles.

Everyone is being very sarcastic. Brumbek is a megafan of Dragon's Dogma.

Counting the days till I can replay Dark Arisen on PC, I'd instantly throw money at my screen if a sequel came

I like kittens, and dragon's dogma

Oh my God - Brumbek may actually explode!
Can't handle the HYPE! Actually…as much as this might shock you, I'm not sure I want a sequel. Too many games make sequels when they don't have enough good ideas.

Dogma is a game with a very complete story and nearly perfect gameplay…I'd rather they not put out a sequel unless they truly feel they have a new story to tell. Sure, improved graphics, animations, and more content is always good…but can lightning strike twice?

Look what they did with Dogma Online…it's a watered-down lame F2P MMO, without any of the soul and charm of the original (from what I've seen on YouTube). Do not want pay-to-win, no story, grinding MMO nonsense.

To further illustrate what I mean, True Detective Season 2 was an example of a great writer being forced to do a new story when he didn't actually have strong ideas.

Has Brumbek played this game?
:biggrin:
I totally played it, and I totally loved it! 200+ hours! It was sublime! It was the perfect merging of Souls-intensity, Platinum-games combat, and unique storytelling! BEST EVER!! … … Oh…you tricked me!

He has, but if I remeber correctly he didn't like it.
No! I loved it! It's All I Ever Wanted, All I Ever Needed! Words are Very Unneccessary, They can Only do Harm, All I Ever Wanted Is Here in My Steam Library! LA LA LA, everyone, sing along!!

That's not true. He said it was "ok".

NO!! I said it was "ok" to ADORE Dragon's Dogma. It is ok to show your feelings! People need to know how much I love Dragon's Dogma! You should love it too! It's so beautiful!!

Didn't he only play like an hour and a half or so before he got bored?

Heresy!! Blasphemy!! Well, yes I played it like an hour or two and got bored…with all other petty and silly video games!! DOGMA IS LIFE.

To each their own, but boring? The game is 90% epic battles.
Um, if by 90% you mean 100% then yes! 100% pure epic action. Killing a goblin? EPIC. Killing a griffon? EPIC. Killing a witty bitty rabbit? THAT'S CRUEL…LY EPIC!

I think he got to the point where this bear kept respawning and ragequit.

The more bears that respawn, the more epic battles I can have!! (There are no bears, actually, but you get the point!). I'd go outside and just wait…wait for those delicious respawns…more fodder for the cannon of epic Dogma Battles! I have a FEVER. And I NEED more DOGMA BATTLES.

(Disclaimer: the respawning is very mild actually. It usually only happens when you enter/exit zones. And since so many enemies drop important crafting stuff, you will actually be very glad when enemies respawn.)

Everyone is being very sarcastic. Brumbek is a megafan of Dragon's Dogma.
Um, no!! I'm actually a MEGAFAN of Dogma! It needs to be capitalized!! But I will forgive you. Your penance? Go play Dogma on the 15th and know the brilliance, the perfection of it!

Really enjoyed the original on my first play through, but found it quite shallow on return.

Still a good game, it just felt very flat second time round. Hope that a sequel does happen, and that add a bit more depth and genuine role playing to it.

Back
Top Bottom