What games are you playing now?

Still playing disciples 2 gold, finished both human campaigns and almost the undead ones; both races very easy, humans with healing and undead with werewolves+vampires. Also got a ring on the undead queen that can transform even bosses into fat imps :lol:

ps game is very long, im at around 35h and still have demon and dwarf campaigns; the wrapper works great, no crash so far.

Attachments

• 1640_screenshots_20210609221922_1.jpg
    1640_screenshots_20210609221922_1.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 112
  • 1640_screenshots_20210605193754_1.jpg
    1640_screenshots_20210605193754_1.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 113
ive been in a weird gaming funk lately - I cant seem to find satisfaction. Action-oriented games seem to stress me out. I have some stressful things going on in life/work/health right now. ​I'm like "Ok, i gotta play some chill games". I need to do some turn-based stuff for a while, i think.

Rocked some Heroes of Might & Magic 3 this morning before work, and that felt pretty good.
Plus one for Heroes :)

I did start a new run on Tainted Grail. I'm. Having fun but I don't think I'll last till I finish the game fully. It looks like you need to.completr.the game so many times to succeed and the game doesn't introduce anything really special - to me - to be worth replaying 100 times.

Still playing disciples 2 gold, finished both human campaigns and almost the undead ones; both races very easy, humans with healing and undead with werewolves+vampires. Also got a ring on the undead queen that can transform even bosses into fat imps

ps game is very long, im at around 35h and still have demon and dwarf campaigns; the wrapper works great, no crash so far.
I really enjoyed disciples too but not sure why it never gripped me as much as HoMM. I think it is a very fun game in the same vein though.

I did start a new run on Tainted Grail. I'm. Having fun but I don't think I'll last till I finish the game fully. It looks like you need to.completr.the game so many times to succeed and the game doesn't introduce anything really special - to me - to be worth replaying 100 times.

I love pretty much every character, encounter and bit of lore in this game, so that alone keeps me going. The classes play quite differently too, so that's also fun. I just "beat" it for the first time (beat the 4th champion), but of course that's not the actual end of the game.

After many a'year away, I started a new character in Guild Wars 1. As far as online RPGs goes, it's still #1 for character and party creation (w/ heroes). It should fill the time between now and the new Pathfinder release quite nicely.

I just finished Siren for PS2 (downloaded on my ps3). It's a really scary survival horror game and insanely hard! I can never beat it without looking up a guide online.
I love how realistic the horror is. You play as a variety of different characters with different ages and genders and each one is very vulnerable. Health items are nowhere to be found, weapons are rare and hard to use (some characters don't get any weapons at all), enemies can kill you in just one or two hits, and the zombies themselves are completely unkillable and can only be knocked out temporarily with a weapon before getting back up. Plus there's a lot of hiding and sneaking involved in the game.

I'm liking Solasta so far.

I played thru the tutorials and beginning of the game w/ the pregens, because I just wanted to get playing and see what the 5E gameplay is like.

I like it when devs just stick w/ convention, you know. Escape clears out of whatever you're in, "I" for inventory, alt to highlight, stuff like that. WASD, rotate w/ Q&E, and i can zoom in as far as i want. Can save whenever I want. Not re-inventing the wheel here, sticking with what works. Nice map, can click within the map and send your peeps there. Slick interface, easy to play, nice looking game graphics-wise.

I can see myself burning a lot of hours on this one.

Now it's time to agonize over the construction of my party, which will probably take an entire session in itself!

Yeah man, when a game has a good character generator, I can have oodles of fun with that alone. I think for me that goes back to the days of pen and paper games like Chivalry and Sorcery, MERPS, Traveller, GURPS, and many others. One could have tons of pleasure just creating the character, let alone playing them.

Tried Fallout 76 with the Steam free weekend, not expecting much but waas pleasently surprised! Since it's server based, there are the all the usual MMO problems: no save anywhere, no world persistence unrelated to quests, level scaling enemies, etc. Other players don't bother you, so playing solo is fine. The world, quests and lore are all good. Good enough for me to get it for its current price of $13, anyway.

Completed Solasta this week-end. The game is indeed pretty short and the last third of the game is a bit too easy at default difficulty setting. Still, I can't wait to see what's coming next for that game.

I went back to Kingdom Come Deliverance and managed to find an older saved game where my main quest wasn't stuck. Yay! That game is just amazing. I have completed the monastery part. Best depiction of what being a monk actually is that I have ever seen in a game. Everything is so authentic and I love the story. Strong, dark and realist. Too bad they decided to go with a very punishing save mode. I fear they lost a lot of people with that but fortunately, there is a mod to fix this.

I'm still throat-deep in Tyranny, and I'm really starting to think all these collective factions are a serious bunch of douche nozzles. At this point in the game I'm reminded of Fallout four, and no, that is not a compliment. Both of these games have something in common: they start out as true rpg's, with significant choices with consequences, and then quickly devolve into mere combat simulators. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a robust combat simulator, except if you disguise it as something else first. Perhaps this might also be yet another symptom of the current rampant disease known as "unreliable narrator", which to me is simply a longer way of saying lazy.

In any case, I'll be continuing on my journey to see how it all ends.

It's not a combat simulator you have to decide who you want to side with/trust. It's called role-playing. It factors into the end and was supposed to be continued in a sequel.

Yet Obsidian was booted from Paradox who own and sit on the IP due to low sales.

Yet Obsidian was booted from Paradox who own and sit on the IP due to low sales.
It was a time Paradox wanted to experiment with a title that was not supposed to have hundreds of paid DLC.
When numbers were up, suits spotted one Magicka DLC made more cash than a videogame.
It is not Obsidian's fault really, no AA game can compete with ongoing horse armor bs and Paradox' products are full of it.

In the long run however, after paying for nonsense too many times, people will learn what to avoid.
Any day now we'll start spotting marketing "pay once for the full game, no DLC shenanigans".

I'm still throat-deep in Tyranny

images

I'm still throat-deep in Tyranny...

maybe you just gotta let it ripen a bit - it's a dark tale, and you have to get in that mindset. I personally was totally into the story of Tyranny, and excited about meeting the various archons, and exploring the world.

Couldnt stop playing 'til the end

Role playing involves choices. These cease to exist at some point in the game, I'm not sure if they resume later yet for now I'm often only given the option of following one set script. That is not a choice, that is a demand, an iron-clad statement saying, "you will do THIS action and no other". Such lazy writing and creativity irks me beyond words. Of course I've not completed the game yet but I can tell you for a fact that after I reclaimed some archive-thingie I was locked into a simplistic tunnel of what I could do. You cannot offer choices with consequences and then subsequently take them out of the formula later. Well, actually I guess you can, and that is what will lead to customers not being happy with your product. =)

Ahhh my throat comment was meant along the lines that, initially, the game was tasty and nice, yet now I'm finding it gristly and choking me. A shallow product will have that effect on me!!

Back
Top Bottom