Kickstarter - Legends of Eisenwald Funding Complete

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Kickstarter for Legends of Eisenwald finished yesterday with a total of $83,577 - just shy of one of the stretch goals, but a good effort against their $50k goal. From the update:
It’s official – Legends of Eisenwald will be made!
Thank you all, our great and amazing 2729 backers! Thank you who just backed our project, thank you for all our active backers who spread the word about us and thank you who didn’t get upset with 4 letters sent to them :) Thank you Kickstarter that it exists and helps bring to life many different projects.
This month brought us a lot of new experiences. We answered to the questions of journalists, wrote press releases and compiled press packs, argued a lot about new ideas how to attract new backers. We followed how our project was becoming more popular and read on forums what is written about us and participated in some of the forums ourselves. We got used to that and we have to admit we are going to miss Kickstarter!
Also, while we didn’t reach our stretch goal at 85k, the hope is not lost! Maybe we will get the missing amount through Paypal and Yandex money. And since castle assault was more popular, maybe we can even get to that goal there.
More information.

Aye it did pretty well, I'm definitely looking forward to the Beta test starting in July!

If anyone was planning on backing bit didn't get around to it, or just wants to increase their pledge then Paypal payments are still open for the moment. If there is enough we could even still hit the next stretch goal to. :)

http://aterdux.com/archives/347

Daniel.

I totally missed it. I have access to that beta test too.

This only mean my pile of games to play will grow higher.

According to Aterdux and darklord, Discord Times will undergo some better translations and should be available in several weeks. I'm hoping for June 8th, but that's probably too short notice.

Looking forward to this one. I backed at the 35$ level. I would love to have a box with a real manual or even a canvas map but those options are like 175$.

Also looking forward to this one; if they are able to pull it off well then this could get more people thinking of Eastern-European small developers as a perhaps somewhat overlooked source of cost-effective talent.

I tried Discord Times on Alawar. Don't do it, it will install a shitty bar in your internet browser, change you home page and who knows what else. Anyhow, their first game didn't leave me a good impression. And it's true that the translation is really bad and the gameplay is far from impressive.

As for Legends of Eisenwald, it looks promising. I just don't like how they stress that they don't want «useless» moves in battle. It seems to me as restricting...

I tried Discord Times on Alawar. Don't do it, it will install a shitty bar in your internet browser, change you home page and who knows what else. Anyhow, their first game didn't leave me a good impression. And it's true that the translation is really bad and the gameplay is far from impressive.

As for Legends of Eisenwald, it looks promising. I just don't like how they stress that they don't want «useless» moves in battle. It seems to me as restricting…

That's not the actual game though, it's because Alawar have put a wrapper around the game so that you essentially load it through their launcher. Aterdux are working on the translation for the version to be released to pledgers in a month or so and I don't think that will have anyone's wrapper on it.

The gameplay of Discord Times is a bit of an aquired taste and not for everyone, also it's deceptively difficult, much more so than more commercial games in the genre such as Heroes of Might and Magic. The graphics are certainly very primitive even compared to the original HOMM. I sort of wonder if some of the pledgers will be a little shocked when they load it up :).

I'm expecting Eisenwald to be quite difficult too - it's likely to have more longevity that way. But, if it's as hard as Discord Times, I think it would be sensible for them to put difficulty levels in it.

Back
Top Bottom