The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Uh.. the first link leads to a Full Metal Alchemist song. Was that the intent? 'cuz it was good nonetheless.

The second two linkies I really liked. Trying to decide now which one is purchase-worthy. :meditate:

Grab them both if you can. Those are on my top five list and have been for ages. I had to buy a second copy of CV a year or so ago until I got a good rig.

I just put a bid on the Claire Voyant album. Can go too crazy as I have some other albums on my need to purchase list, and I just spent a grand on my race car.

Uh.. the first link leads to a Full Metal Alchemist song. Was that the intent? 'cuz it was good nonetheless.
Strange. For me, it links to a Naruto fan video that uses Scarling's "Bandaid Covers the Bullet Hole" tune for the soundtrack. That's where it was supposed to go. Is that not what you're getting?

I tried the Full Metal Achemist link (it was in the related videos box). Different cartoon, same Scarling song. Perhaps FMA is the cartoon?

Edit 2: Did you chase "Time and the Maiden" or their self-titled debut? I think cm owns the latter, which is a little less electronic and (IMO) a bit better. Of course, T&tM has "Blinking Tears", which is worth the price of admission all by itself (the Amazon clip for that track is criminally worthless).

Last edited:
Grab them both if you can. Those are on my top five list and have been for ages.
Now, now, it's only been a few years since some nutjob introduced you to them. :bow:
:D

You could certainly do much worse, Sammy.

More britpop than gazer, but it still caught my ears today:
"Light My Way" by shooter

Land of Confusion by Genesis from the new Live album.

Yes Dte and I am still in love with them. ;)

Still doing The Smiths

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, Shoplifters of the World Unite, Sweet and Tender Hooligan... good times.

I do often have to skip what is, to me, the saddest song ever composed - Asleep

It just nukes me every time without exception, I'm suddenly morose and sullen, for hours. Even if I'm in a relationship and not feeling particularly lonely, if I'm content and feeling well, doesnt matter. It's about being tired, so tired of it all, the world, feeling as if youre truly on your own and not able to face it any more

there is another world
there is a better world
there must be....

Man, those three lines, a final lament of desperate hope. I wonder how many people have swallowed a bottle of pills and a fifth of gin to that song.

Sonny made me listen to this track all day long... for two days now. He loves the video which features an animated Indian transvestite. Well, you *do* get used to the track, you know... ;)

Strange. For me, it links to a Naruto fan video that uses Scarling's "Bandaid Covers the Bullet Hole" tune for the soundtrack. That's where it was supposed to go. Is that not what you're getting?

I tried the Full Metal Achemist link (it was in the related videos box). Different cartoon, same Scarling song. Perhaps FMA is the cartoon?

Edit 2: Did you chase "Time and the Maiden" or their self-titled debut? I think cm owns the latter, which is a little less electronic and (IMO) a bit better. Of course, T&tM has "Blinking Tears", which is worth the price of admission all by itself (the Amazon clip for that track is criminally worthless).

Oops... yeah, that's what the link lead to... I didn't see any reference to Scarling, and I thought Full Metal Alchemist was a group, but you're right, it's the name of the anime.

I just won the Claire Voyant album - Time and the Maiden for $7.

I think you'll be quite pleased. Skip right to "Blinking Tears" and just let it wash over you. Beautiful, haunting, yet anthemic. Then you can go back for the whole experience. Do you know if you got the original TatM or the reissue? I think the reissue had a few extra tracks but no remastering, but I'm far from certain.

I ought to buy those cds some day. I've got a handful of MP3s and a rare OOP sampler from back in the days of MP3.com, so I'm not missing too many tracks, but I ought to fill out the collection.

I used to hate anime music, it was so cheesy. Though I love Urusei Yatsura and Ranma 1/2, the music is abominable. Boy has it gotten better since the 90's.

Tank! by Yoko Kano and The Seatbelts from Cowboy Bebop

Rise by Yoko Kano from Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex

Ride on Shooting Star by The Pillows from FLCL

Hare Hare Yukai by Aya Hirano from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I think you'll be quite pleased. Skip right to "Blinking Tears" and just let it wash over you. Beautiful, haunting, yet anthemic. Then you can go back for the whole experience. Do you know if you got the original TatM or the reissue? I think the reissue had a few extra tracks but no remastering, but I'm far from certain.

I ought to buy those cds some day. I've got a handful of MP3s and a rare OOP sampler from back in the days of MP3.com, so I'm not missing too many tracks, but I ought to fill out the collection.

I think I got the one with the extra tracks - I'm a sucker for bonus tracks! :)

Several good ones, there, gents. Veruca Salt hosted 120 Minutes when "8 Arms to Hold You" came out and said the video for Volcano Girls was a painful experience. I guess the walls they were bouncing off weren't all that terribly soft. I've got that Suede album on cassette somewhere. Although I bought it on the strength of "The Wild Ones", it turned out to be a decent album.

Man, I miss 120 Minutes. I used to tape it when they moved it to midnight Sunday night. I was exposed to so much wonderful music by that show...

Back
Top Bottom