Witcher 3 - New Details Emerge From EDGE Magizine

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
NeoGAF‘s member Detox shared new information from an upcoming magazine edition of EDGE about The Witcher 3.
EDGE magazine had an extensive cover for CD Projekt RED’s third part in the The Witcher series, in which it revealed some new information about it. According to the magazine, CD Projekt RED aims for a 30fps experience on consoles, and will include a ‘Witcher sense’ that will be similar to Batman’s detective mode.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt EDGE Details:

-There will be no overt tutorial instead mechanics will gradually be introduced.
-Combat system now has dodge in order to be closer to the pirouettes found in the books.
-Geralt can choose to execute or spare bandits, though he can loot them either way.
-They are targeting 30fps on console.
-Geralt will change his stance according to the task he is faced with e.g. wary if surrounded by a pack of monsters.
-They added Witcher sense similar to Batman’s Detective mode so you can see weak points on monsters like The Fiend’s lungs, or outside of battle to re create events like tracking a murderer.
-Main storyline is 40-50hrs, and another 40-50 in the open world.
-No “Fedex Quests.”
-Choice and consequence will ripple across the world.
-Don’t want to build a sandbox experience, storytelling is still the main goal.
-Some locations: Skellige: Nordic-style archipelago, Slavic-like No Mans Land and city of Novigrad.
-Geralt can jump. In-house motion capturing, though the horse was done somewhere else.
More information.

Don’t want to build a sandbox experience, storytelling is still the main goal.

If I didn't made my mind ages ago already, just this would mean an instabuy for me.

I don't see sandbox and storytelling as necessarily exclusive. I just hope it doesn't mean you can't "live" in the world (like you can in TES) if you decide not to follow the story.

I also hope combat is better. I barely played TW2 because of it. Using Duke Patrick's combat mods since TESIV has made the manual combat in other games stale for me.

I don't see sandbox and storytelling as necessarily exclusive. I just hope it doesn't mean you can't "live" in the world (like you can in TES) if you decide not to follow the story.

I also hope combat is better. I barely played TW2 because of it. Using Duke Patrick's combat mods since TESIV has made the manual combat in other games stale for me.
Well there two different company's with different approaches to games. This makes me more interested as I feared their game would mimic Skyrim. Endless boring exploring doesn't interest me lately, but that's just me.

Yay. Another game designed for consoles first that'll be lame(r than it could be) on PC because of it.

Actually I think they are making it for the PC as the main platform and porting to consoles.

If I didn't made my mind ages ago already, just this would mean an instabuy for me.

The opposite for me. I didn't like the linear path style of the first game and didn't play much of the second game. I would rather be able to explore freely around the world as I see fit. I do want interesting locations and story though. A game like New Vegas is exactly what I like.

I'm confused by this comment as I thought they said it would be open world explore what you want style game, but now maybe not?

Not being a sandbox doesn't mean it's linear. I don't get why that's so hard to understand for some people.

No fedex quests? Waiting for their implementation of it.

Sandbox tends to mean different things to different people.

For the concept to make any sense, I think sandbox should refer to features involving player influence and control.

As in, the more the player can create his own content - or the more he can influence the world around him - the more it's a sandbox game.

I'd say a "true" sandbox game would suggest non-linearity - but I wouldn't rule out a linear version. But any storyline with sufficient production values behind it will be linear in one way or the other. It's all but impossible to make a freeform "cinematic" experience from start to finish.

They look almost like artworks.

If those are really untouched screenshots, then color me impressed. The first two are particularly striking.

Should be interesting to see what the system requirements are going to be for this game.

They're most likely manipulated - but I don't think they look THAT much better than The Witcher 2.

Which is fine, because TW2 was absolutely beautiful.

Thanks Dr. A.
If that's what the game looks they've made a problem to Zenimax' paper inducing chainsaw sound engine. Who would have thought someone (apart from players including me who disliked not just the game) will say that the vectorized infinity engine named aurora sucks even after enhances and go develop their own engine to this level.

JDR it's not Microsoft's game. That means the code optimization process won't be skipped and I think that our current rigs should do just fine.

You obviously didn't play TW2 when it was released. :)

I thought I was the only one with problems. I run a heavily modded Skyrim with a lot of texture upgrades, additional content, extended view distance and it still played smoother than TW2.

You obviously didn't play TW2 when it was released. :)

Obviously I did and obviously my nVidia 560GT doesn't choke on it. It is however possible that I just forgot I've had a problem, but if I did, it was patched ages ago.

While Skyrim without any "enhancements" had 87345692384657845683768753 problems. Some are not patched even today.

Obviously I did and obviously my nVidia 560GT doesn't choke on it.

Hmm there's no such thing as a 560 GT, so you must have meant either a GTX 560 or 560 ti. Either way, I'm guessing you didn't try to crank up too many of the graphics settings because that card would definitely have choked on it.

Hmm there's no such thing as a 560 GT, so you must have meant either a GTX 560 or 560 ti. Either way, I'm guessing you didn't try to crank up too many of the graphics settings because that card would definitely have choked on it.

I had a 2GB 460 GTX and ran everything on high except ubersampling. No problem at all except for bloom which I can't stand and always turn off.

Back
Top Bottom