Risen 2 Risen 2 impressions thread

I´m quite sure one dialogue where the ocular gets mentioned took place in Caldera prologue and it was with the guard at the gate to the city.

Thanks.. that was it.

I just wanted to go back and see what the other dialogue choice led to, but it was basically the same thing just worded a bit differently.

Prior to the game's release, it had been stated that the hero still wore the Ocular from Risen 1 under his eye patch. However, that conversation indicates that he actually lost that eye when the Ocular had to be removed. At least that's what he confirms to the guard. I'm a little confused as to what PB wants us to believe there.

I think that's something we'll learn in Risen 3. Maybe… Because our hero might be too old in Risen 3… Then again there's "librarian" you took advantage of (or was it rather vice versa) so Fallout2 offspring comes in mind…

I hope there'll be a Risen 3. It's 16th on Steam's top seller list, against some not very steep competition.

I noticed this too. Doesn't look terribily successful.

The console versions should move some numbers though, simply by being available retail.

i was also disheartened to see that both right at release and still now. but again pirahna bytes have never released games to huge fanfare or praise. i can't see how this game doesn't turn a profit eventually even though i'm sure deep silver did them no favours with the dlc scheme as i'm sure plenty of cocksucker will justify pirating the game based on this.

due to lack of drm its probably being pirated like crazy...i actually regretted having to kill slayne, can't say i'd say the same of game pirates.

Quick note: Is the voice actor for Curtis on Tacarigua the same as Diego in Gothic 1? Sure sounds like it.

Well hooray Germany. Hopefully there will be a Risen 3.

Have any of the German speakers heard a response from PB about the sword combat vs animals? Is the official reply something like - well, we put in shotguns?

I seem to have a 51MB download via Steam for this today - anyone know what it is?

I seem to have a 51MB download via Steam for this today - anyone know what it is?

Maybe they just added dodging? I just discovered double tapping one of the direction keys will now make you dodge in that direction. I assume that's a recent addition, or someone would've noticed it sooner.

It works very well by the way.

Good grief. You're not joking. A dodge move has been patched in.

Be aware you have to remove the antiwarp mod to run the new version of the game. That mod has an uninstall option in your User/Appdata/Local/Risen 2 folder.

The patch seems to have addressed some/all of the foliage concerns as well.

I can't believe this.

You joking? I haven't seen anything… Lemme start the game…

EDIT:
No download, no new skills, nothing. I'll restart steam, maybe it got screwed…

Patch log:
Features
- Players can now block most attacks by monsters
- Player has a "dodge" move in the fight - double press the arrow keys while holding the right mouse button

Balance / Tweaks
- Only a maximum of ten autosaves
- Improvement in the attack behavior of the monster AI
- Improvement in attack behavior when characters were attacked from behind
- Improvement in the representation of vegetation
- Improving the visibility of objects
- Improving the representation of the terrain

- Guns sabotage in Puerto Isabella is now much simpler
- Dealer of the Sword Coast now sells rum
- Exploit removed while shooting mini-game
- Increases hit points by Mara
- Steelbart's hat can no longer be sold

bugfixes
- Trees flicker in the distance is no longer on NVidia cards
- Solve problems with video cards in SLI
- Fixed crash when using a 7.1 sound system
- Fixed rare crashes occurring when climbing
- Fixed bug with "return to the ship" option
- Fixed an error when it rains indoors
- Crew members can no longer be killed by monsters
- Players will now receive the item-Foolsjuice after brewing
- Fixed an error in the learning of specific skills
- Various exploits removed

Warning - seems it's not compatible with the baloon plants mod!

Last edited:
They removed the ability to access the DLC via cheats. Probably the main reason for this very timely patch, too ;) .

Here is the change log (translated by me - not the official English change log):

Features:
- Player is now able to block most monster attacks
- Players now have access to a 'dodge' move in combat - double-tap the movement keys while holding down the right mouse button

Balance/Tweaks:
- The game limits the autosaves to 10 from now on
- Improved monster combat AI
- Improved combat behavior of characters when attacked from behind
- Improved vegetation visuals
- Improved visual range for items
- Improved landscape visuals

- Sabotaging the cannons in Puerto Isabella has been made significantly easier
- Sword Coast merchant now sells Rum
- Removed shooting mini-game exploit
- Increased Mara's hit points
- Steelbeard's hat can no longer be sold

Bug Fixes:
- Trees in the distance will no longer flicker when using a nVidia gfx card
- Solved some SLI issues
- Fixed crash related to 7.1 sound systems
- Fixed rare crashing issue that could occur while climbing
- Fixed an issue related to the 'return to ship' option
- Fixed rain inside buildings
- Crew members can no longer be killed by monsters
- Player now correctly receives the item 'Narrensaft' (in English 'jester potion'?) when brewing that potion
- Fixed various errors that would occur upon acquiring certain abilities
- Removed a variety of exploits

Restarted the machine, checked again and now I'm sure I got the patch. Rightclick + doubletapping to dodge? Nah. Doubletapping turns your hero into Geralt of Rivia - no mouseclicking needed to roll over the floor (laughing?). ;)

The bugged potion was Fool's Juice in eng. version, next time they should take you to translate as I like your translation more. :)

Last edited:
I'm annoyed they fixed all this stuff after I finished. I think I should get the DLC free to compensate me.

Um... Was it JDR who asked about trying powder kegs/bombs in the swamp ruin? I've tried, nothing happened, but I've noticed that "doors" on that one are the different than the one we can open with the cannon. You can't get near these "doors" - just as there are the same ones in M. bay. :(
It's highly possible we cannot enter those ruins by any means which is a shame. :(

Well, restarted and the game hung for the first time ever, in the crystal cave off the starting beach.

Key remapping still doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom