Age of Decadence - New Screens

Looking *good*! The graphics are great, I like the grid area and the combat feedback text is both informative and gives a nice impression of how the system works.

Good? Like in the "good" old times? Nope. The textures are the worst I've seen since a long time. User interface looks nifty and the models aren't that bad...

VDweller should be releasing a combat vid soon (hopefully within a week), so we can see what combat looks like played out

Good? Like in the "good" old times? Nope. The textures are the worst I've seen since a long time. User interface looks nifty and the models aren't that bad...

Well it is an independently made game, not something with strong financial backing. The environmental textures do look a bit blurry, I'll give you that, but the character models and interface look solid.
Other shots I've seen from the game have some nice textures on the environmentals, however.

Good? Like in the "good" old times? Nope. The textures are the worst I've seen since a long time.

Maybe if your "long time" equals in the last 10 years I would agree with you. I think the graphics look very serviceable myself and am looking forward to giving this a shot.

I really like combat grid highlighting, I hope there is an option to turn on a complete grid as well.

Nice neat, clean looking interface. I also like the grid; though it's an old school thing, I think it's strategically relevant in TB combat.

Yes, it has that indie look, but as long as the general gameplay is absorbing, that's one of those things that becomes invisible with a little time into the game. (I even forgot how much I hate cinematic cutscenes playing NWN2) :)

Not for me. I won't play this 1970's looking garbage. I didn't spend $70 on a graphics card not to be dazzled by bloom and pixel shaders. HELLO FO3!!!!!!

Not for me. I won't play this 1970's looking garbage. I didn't spend $70 on a graphics card not to be dazzled by bloom and pixel shaders. HELLO FO3!!!!!!

70 dollars?!? What did you buy? A geforce fx 5900? Maybe if you run 2 of them in SLI you will get 5 FPS in FO3 :lol:

@roqua: you need to figure out a 'sarcasm' indicator of some kind. Your communications are somewhat hampered by your exclusion of smilies. ;)

True, he'll be busy trying to finish Grimoire!! We'll have to change his name to Cleve!! :biggrin:

I suspect Roqua won't be playing FO3, so there's no problem. ;)

WHAT!!!???? Not only will I buy it and play it, I'm going to make love to the cd's.

My favorite thing about FO3 so far has to be that it has highlighted big game journalists to be freshman bitches who know less than nothing about games. Its like someone gave my mother a lot of money to write nice things about space shuttles and how awesome they are. Its sincere, quirky, and cute, but not to be taken serious or meant to be actually informative or accurate.

I love how a pause function somehow makes a game turn based now.

p.s. In case anyone can’t form a mental picture of my mother and why the shuttle piece wouldn’t be included in any scientific literature if she wrote it, she is an old school Sicilian, born in Tunis, who has a middle school education and has old world values when it comes to how women should be, such as if you have premarital sex you are whore who will burn in hell, and a women’s place is in the home. But don’t worry, my oldest sister is a butch lesbian neo ultra-feminist liberal as pay back for such savage thinking. My mother is far from stupid, but also far from probably being able to pick a space shuttle out of a line up of other things that can become airborne.

True, he'll be busy trying to finish Grimoire!! We'll have to change his name to Cleve!!

Since Cleve won't respond to anyone you should really but the demo up for download. Myabe send him an e-mail telling him you are going to, and if he doesn't reply we can take that as a go ahead. I know dteowner would like it (if he hasn't got it already) as well as shagnak and a bunch of other people.

Dte actually has it. I don't have Cleve's active email, or I would. The beta could be available by Skype!! :)

Grimoire, huh? So the man has locked his bunker up for good and waits for the end of the world in there? You were so sure that the game would come out, Corwin.

I'm so determined it will come out, that I've made the beta available by personal request. :)

Back
Top Bottom