Fallout: New Vegas - TV Ad

You know while Im looking forward to this game as I enjoyed but didn't love F3, anyone else wonder when watching this commercials that its just a shooter? I mean it doesn't look like an RPG at all.

I know they show that stuff to sell the game though, I sure hope it has more RPG'ness than F3 did.

I sure hope it has more RPG'ness than F3 did.

Well Obsidian has been bragging about the "hardcore" mode that will be included. I just hope it's really as hardcore as they claim.

I'm replaying FO3 now, and really enjoying it. Of course I'm using a few mods to increase the realism and difficulty this time. I'm hoping that won't be necessary with FO:NV.

Even the Fallout 2 commercial was all action so I don't think that judging the game from the impressions you get from a commercial would be fair. I can't really vouch for the game RPG-ness not having played it, but there was a pretty heartening preview on Canard PC, a french indipendent mag that was pretty ruthless with Fallout 3, even refusing to review it as an exclusive when they didn't like the conditions given by Bethesda (luxurious room offered by Bethesda, 16 hour of playthrough with a Bethesda employee monitoring that would even check and approve/disapprove any screenshots taken for the review IIRC, you can see more about that on NMA).

Of course, if you expect a mechanically radically different game from Fallout 3, you'd be disappointed.

EDIT : This is the preview I was talking about, or rather, a summary of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom