Fallout: New Vegas - Cut Material

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
No Mutants Allowed bring us an overview of material that was cut from Fallout: New Vegas according to a trustworthy source.
Here are two of them:
When Ulysses was still a companion in the game, he was indeed meant to be recruitable at the location that became Wolfhorn Ranch, as some people have guessed from the fact that the location was called "Ulysess' camp" in some localized versions of the game. This version of Ulysses would actually not be open about his allegiance with the Legion, but rather try to gently steer the character to more pro-Legion views while offering commentary of the various locations and events of the game. Ulysses would only openly admit his pro-Legion beliefs when dealing with a Legion-affiliated PC.
The Black Mountain location was meant to play a larger role in the NCR/Legion conflict at one point, with factions interested in controlling it due to its satellite system (the NCR to expand their broadcast range and the Legion to use as a jamming system). Digging through the files of the game one can still find some references to a quest that involved blowing up the satellite dishes that was tied to that older design of the area.
More information.

Nice read and nice to know.
I've recently replayed FNV with all 4 DLCs and honestly I didn't "feel" something critical was cut out.

Can a game have too much of content? Perhaps. Perhaps not. But in the case of FNV, in the end I really didn't think more content inside it would make the game better.
To me that game in it's final shape is 10/10. Metacritic score can be 1/10 for all I care.

I don't doubt there was cut content. Look at Skyrim it had allot of civil war game content cut. It happens to every game due to technical problems and development time.

There was one modder who already restored some of the cut Fallout NV content on the nexus.

Still one of my favorite games ever... Just wish it ended better and that it didn't let me walk into Caesar's camp halfway through the game and kill everyone (including Caesar) thus making the end irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom