F:NV Fallout New Vegas music

Fallout: New Vegas
Don't know, but a larger playlist would be appreciated!! :)

That would be cool. Maybe they'll encorporate it into the game in a DLC, maybe with a quest associated with it. Like a guy asks for your help to get a radio relay opperational and when you do you can pick up Galaxy News.

I'm not sure of the time disparity between the two games but it doesn't have to be Three Dog, it could be just the music. I'd totally listen to that all the time.

There are several radio mods at the Nexus. At least one incorporates the music from GNR and another adds the 100 extra tracks that were so popular.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35061 -Civil Defense Radio

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34999 -Radio Active Channel Extender

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35984 More Where that Came From - the popular Fallout 3 mod converted

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35966 -100 tracks for the RACE mod listed above.

Anyone else hate the music they chose? I loved F3's music choices, but this time around I find myself turning off that damn radio.

I'll throw my own music in it next time, but for now I don't want to go through the hassle of converting all of the song names to 01, 02, 03 etc....

Actually, somebody wrote a script to do that automatically for you. I think you just copy your 100 songs to a directory and run the script. It does the rest. I agree about the music choices. The songs just aren't as entertaining as many of FO3's.

Anyone else hate the music they chose? I loved F3's music choices, but this time around I find myself turning off that damn radio.(…).
I felt, and did, the same. Then, strangely perhaps, I realized that I'd rather not play with radio on in NV as I found it distracting, while in F3 it helped my immersion. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I quite like the music - though I think it helps that overall, the game is superior to Bethout. It doesn't feel quite as over the top thankfully.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the inclusion of a track from the original Fallout in the main soundtrack. If you haven't already done so, wander down near Nipton, and hear what I mean. ;)

Level 13 and still haven't made my way to the strip yet!

After enduring a bit of Threedogs inane banter in Fallout 3 i never listen to the radios in these games so i can't really comment on the music there. Threedog was at one point my most hated character in gaming next to Mud from Gothic 1. The main music in New Vegas is much better to me than Fallout 3 though. Maybe it's because there are many old tracks from previous games in there.

There are only 17 tracks in New Vegas.

I tried the thing that imports the tracks from Fallout 3 and adds in a bunch but it didn't seem to work. I still just get the same old music on the two stations and there's no new one or anything.

the fallout 3 music fit the urban and subway settings quite well; since New Vegas for the most part lacks both the music they chose while not enough is better fitting. of course in vegas itself i'm sure it would sound fitting but unlike fallout 3 where i listened to the GNR in DC and underground and either Agatha or the background score in the wasteland, i rarely listen to the radio much at all now as the musical score is top notch in New Vegas. There's a lot of tracks from Fallout 1 and 2 though that don't seem to ever play which is strange because some of them do. The Civil Defense Radio (linked above by cprgnut) would be a good fit for New Vegas as well as there's a whole section of "hillbilly" style songs and uruanium mining ones as well which fit Nevada well.

I liked FO3's radio (Not heard New Vegas' as I've not got it yet), but I have to say I wished there were more stations. It was either GNR with THUHREEEEEEEEEE DAAAAAAWWWWWWGGGGG or the strangely compelling Enclave Radio.

Man, Fallout 3 had so many wasted opportunities...

Back
Top Bottom