Starfield - Teaser Trailer and Release Date

At the end of the trailer, which I watched on the E3 twitch channel (not the above video), the words "X-Box Exclusive" came up and that immediately put me off. But then today during the E3 twitch broadcast someone mentioned it'll be available day one on X-Box and PC, so I guess I'm just dense (I guess exclusive just meant it won't be available on other consoles).

I'm looking forward to this game, but not because of a pretty-much-nothing trailer like this.

Just remember every Microsoft first party games from now on will probably be exclusive to X-Box, PC, and GamePass. This was announced almost a year ago on most sites.

Seems this is Microsoft's new gaming strategy as they don't care about console wars anymore. They are looking at the bigger picture that will make more money.

Due to this Sony is now re-thinking their decade's old exclusive first party policy as well.

If your ship is called Frontier does that mean it's the only ship you get?

I see a rifle but I don't see any hint that there will be space combat?

Is it just an FPS game where your ship is the hub between maps?

This trailer is nothing. There is nothing there but a potentially misleading cutscene and release date.

Consider me unimpressed!

Also, did they say it was XBOX EXCLUSIVE?

Also, did they say it was XBOX EXCLUSIVE?
X-Box, PC, and GamePass as stated already in the trailer, interviews, and this thread.

Microsoft paid almost 8 billion to buy all of Bethesda for exclusivity and to push GamePass. This means no Sony PS5 release is planned for the foreseeable future.

X-Box, PC, and GamePass as stated already in the trailer, interviews, and this thread.

Microsoft paid almost 8 billion to buy all of Bethesda for exclusivity and to push GamePass. This means no Sony PS5 release is planned for the foreseeable future.
Right. I thought it was PC but the lady at the end only said xbox.

It's funny how much shit Epic gets when they waste money on exclusives but Microsoft has always been the dangerous monopoly who can buy anything they like and I don't see anyone complaining. (Fun fact! One exclusive for Epic cost more than all the 120? free games they gave away so far!)

Gotta admit, though, if I were to buy a new console and had no games I'd definitely get game pass. It does look like great value. But I'm not gonna buy a console.

I get a Star Trek vibe from the teaser video, especially the constellation symbol and the narrator. Also the general mood of the video seems lean more towards space exploration as opposed to space opera.
Towards the end of the video the music and the circular logo made me think of Stargate.

Right. I thought it was PC but the lady at the end only said xbox.

It's funny how much shit Epic gets when they waste money on exclusives but Microsoft has always been the dangerous monopoly who can buy anything they like and I don't see anyone complaining. (Fun fact! One exclusive for Epic cost more than all the 120? free games they gave away so far!)

Gotta admit, though, if I were to buy a new console and had no games I'd definitely get game pass. It does look like great value. But I'm not gonna buy a console.

They don't get as much shit as they consider pc part of their eco system....it's a really smart move. Hell, with all these games they are making it adds value to an already great service in Gamepass....note that none of the first party games will ever leave the service so you have plenty to play. I have a feeling it will be everywhere within a year, they are talking streaming it to tv's and devices as well as already supporting phones etc. It's a long game that will pay off in the end.

I think this is going to be quite good when it's done, this is bethesda after all...even their worst games gives hours of entertainment. I liked their talk about the lived in look that they like and the fact it is about exploration.

Thing is, if I'm going to get a console, I'm going with Sony. Gamepass is a nice service, but why would I buy a console that shares the same library as my PC? At least the Playstation has a few decent exclusives.

Why would you buy a console at all?
Skryim now works on Nokia3310, what makes you think Starfield won't be ported on everything eventually too.

FOMO exclusives? Gimme a break. It's not a cure for cancer.

Thing is, if I'm going to get a console, I'm going with Sony. Gamepass is a nice service, but why would I buy a console that shares the same library as my PC? At least the Playstation has a few decent exclusives.

The reason I did was because I could sit on my couch and getting a series x was a lot cheaper then upgrading my pc to a similar spec....

I also have a ps5 though so I'm not really missing out.

The reason I did was because I could sit on my couch and getting a series x was a lot cheaper then upgrading my pc to a similar spec….

I also have a ps5 though so I'm not really missing out.

Must be nice. I'm starting to think I have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot than finding a next-gen console over here, and you've got one of each.

Must be nice. I'm starting to think I have a better chance of seeing Bigfoot than finding a next-gen console over here, and you've got one of each.

I lucked out when they did preorders I got one of each....and my son even got a series x....though only a digital ps5. Wish I had gone for a disk version of the ps5 now as sony is really monopolizing the digital side with your inability to buy game codes for it from anywhere else and their sales are lackluster.

They don't get as much shit as they consider pc part of their eco system….it's a really smart move. Hell, with all these games they are making it adds value to an already great service in Gamepass….note that none of the first party games will ever leave the service so you have plenty to play. I have a feeling it will be everywhere within a year, they are talking streaming it to tv's and devices as well as already supporting phones etc. It's a long game that will pay off in the end.

I think this is going to be quite good when it's done, this is bethesda after all…even their worst games gives hours of entertainment. I liked their talk about the lived in look that they like and the fact it is about exploration.
Yeah, with all the TV streaming services being so popular I think it will feel more natural to the next generation to have a game netflix and buying single games will seem weird. Pretty soon we'll have youtube videos showing confused teenagers a boxed game and watching them try to work out how to use it. :)

It is Bethesda and you're right… But there's just nothing there to get excited about. Like, if you forget about bethsoft and imagine that's a trailer from some dev you never heard of it's entirely forgettable.

True. You don't wanna miss out on the occasional Bloodborne or Demon Souls reboot. Maybe Sony will get a competitive Game Pass alternative going. Isn't there Playstation+ or something? I don't know.

I find Japanese games are some of the best. It's a pity I'm not into anime. Would be a whole world of new entertainment if I were.

Last edited:
I find Japanese games are some of the best. It's a pity I'm not into anime. Would be a whole world of new entertainment if I were.

Yeah, I'm not into the anime thing myself. The only Japanese developer I still really like is Capcom. I used to like Square a lot back in the day, but their games haven't appealed to me in a long time.

I also used to be a big fan of From Software in their King's Field days. The Souls games aren't really my thing, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Elden Ring is like.

Alright, a gamepass discussion. The xbox + gamepass combination makes sense for me as it completely replaces my PC. If this was not the case, then yes a PS5 might have made more sense.

Microsoft is pushing gamepass to get as many people onboard. I'm just careful what they will do when people are getting used to it and don't really consider other sources. It gives them a lot of power wrt the devs and publishers. Small publishers/devs might be forced to go for gamepass for pennies.

And looking forward to starfield, despite not having seen anything tangibleng yet!

Yeah, I'm not into the anime thing myself. The only Japanese developer I still really like is Capcom. I used to like Square a lot back in the day, but their games haven't appealed to me in a long time.

I also used to be a big fan of From Software in their King's Field days. The Souls games aren't really my thing, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Elden Ring is like.

Yeah, Capcom has been doing real well in recent years. I can't believe how much Monster Hunter World I played. Also, Devil May Cry 5 was good enough to clock a few times. Great action.

I think I remember hearing there was a Dragons Dogma 2 on the distant horizon?
googled it said:
Dragon's Dogma sequel is reportedly shaping up to be a stunning game when it comes to visuals. According to the leak, it has been internally delayed to late 2022/early 2023. We already know that Dragon's Dogma 2 is in development thanks to the Capcom leak, which revealed the publisher's full roadmap for years ahead.12 Apr 2021

Like, in DD, the world and progression was sort of flawed but the gameplay was awesome. Climbing up on monsters and stuff. But the expansion area was what got me interested in MHW. That expansion zone was great and made me wish it had proper multiplayer. I guess it's possible DD2 might be a PS5 exclusive?

Well, I never played Kings Field and it looks far too dated to play today but I'm sure Elden Ring will be at least 30h of awesome. :)

Has Bethesda actually stated that?

Yes, I think that initially (long time ago now) they said something like that. It should be about exploration of space, not just planets.

And Howard said it should be huge, right? Whole galaxy or something? Im not sure.

They probably delayed the game because of Star Citizen - to release comparable game in terms of graphics or gameplay etc. They didnt want the idea that Starfield will look clearly inferior. :)

Back
Top Bottom