Original Sin - Alpha Presentation and Release Date

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Swen Vincke shows the alpha of Divinity:Original Sin in a video on the German site Gameswelt. As the German language is apparently not one of the strong points of Swen, they speak English, which is good for most of us I suppose.

One of the thing that is mentioned by Swen is that they are now in late alpha and that the release date is still a few months away. He also shows a new area of the game.

Aubrielle also sent us a mail informing us that Worthplaying mentions a shifted release date to 'Spring 2014'.

More information.

The german interviewer speaks English very well... better than Swen even.

Thanks, Myrthos! (and Couch!) :)

Nice find Myrthos the same site had a good interview with Warhorse Studio's in English last week also. I have the site bookmarked for future interviews.

I believe Swen mentioned the delay in the last kickstarter update also. Still let me give a big thank you to Aubrielle for sending in news it always helps.:handshake:

Now back to the delay I'm not surprised as the Alpha showed the game needs more work. I'm sure the final product will be better so take your time Swen.

The german interviewer speaks English very well… better than Swen even.

At school, we all learn at least some English. However, some people practise more than others.

Geremany's leaning towards the English language has led to some friction in the public; people often say that the amount of the English language used by marketing (advertisements !) and in other areas is just a bit too much.

i doubt I'll be able to make a new PC for The Witcher 3 this year so Original Sin will be the game I'll invest the most in 2014. And I still haven't touched Dragon Commander.
OS looks TOO good.

Spring? I'll believe it when I see it ;)

Hoping for an early summer release myself :)

You never know, but somehow a summer release date looks more reasonable to me.

If the game is still in Alpha, I can't see how it can make it to release in such a short time. As has been mentioned, you never know, but I would be leery of a game that goes from alpha, with limited content, to release in just a few months. But then again, being rushed to release seems to be the norm for most publishers nowadays.

At school, we all learn at least some English. However, some people practise more than others.

Geremany's leaning towards the English language has led to some friction in the public; people often say that the amount of the English language used by marketing (advertisements !) and in other areas is just a bit too much.

It's probably been 16 years ago but we had an exchange program with a German school... the German kids just absolutely refused to speak English.

You never know, but somehow a summer release date looks more reasonable to me.

Yeah, but maybe they'll pull off a June 20th release date. Technically that's still Spring.

In the U.S., a growing proportion of the ads are partly in Spanish now—a total suck-up to the illegal immigrant market. :rolleyes: Pretty soon we'll all be using the same fugly polyglot. Ah well…

Not that this has anything to do with the news. Sorries…

In which country? :biggrin:

Well, down here Spring begins in September so I can quite envisage a Spring release!! After all, Swen didn't stipulate for which country now, did he!! :)

Well if we want to get technical here we go.
Meteorological Reckoning

Meteorologists generally define four seasons in many climatic areas: spring, summer, autumn (fall) and winter. These are demarcated by the values of their average temperatures on a monthly basis, with each season lasting three months.

The three warmest months are by definition summer, the three coldest months are winter, and the intervening gaps are spring and autumn. Spring, when defined in this manner, can start on different dates in different regions.

In terms of complete months, in most north temperate zone locations, spring months are March, April and May, although differences exist from country to country.(Summer is June, July, August; autumn is September, October, November; winter is December, January, February).

Most south temperate zone locations have opposing seasons with spring in September, October and November. Swedish meteorologists define the beginning of spring as the first occasion on which the average daytime temperature exceeds zero degrees Celsius for seven consecutive days, thus the date varies with latitude and elevation. In Australia and New Zealand, Spring officially begins on 1 September and ends 30 November.
That's all I will add as this is getting off-topic.:movingon:

Well, down here Spring begins in September so I can quite envisage a Spring release!! After all, Swen didn't stipulate for which country now, did he!! :)

Hahah, quote of the day. Well said!

I am looking forward to Divinity, I just hope it's released when I have time to play it.

Edit: Actually, this game cost me close to $600 due to contest with the Codex, so take your time Larian! Make it perfect, ignore the timing of the release. I'll be playing it anyway, I can't afford not to, hah.

Back
Top Bottom