Wasteland 2 - First Screenshot

wow, who would pledge 10,000.oo for a video game. 12 people did.

Fargo allude once that at least some of them were his rich buddies in the industry. People like Ray Mazuka from Bioware, etc. I don't recall exactly when/where I read that but rich industry veterans that wouldn't mind secretly giving the finger to their publishing masters are exactly the kind of people to donate 10 grand.

Fallout: New Vegas, I thought, actually did a pretty decent.job of capturing.the feel of.the.desert.

It has excellent stories, interesting factions, weapons, memorable characters and companions, huge and I thought that the graphics were amazing. So my question is, why bother with Wasteland 2 when we have F:NV? Is it going to be any better?

It has excellent stories, interesting factions, weapons, memorable characters and companions, huge and I thought that the graphics were amazing.
That´s how I see F:NV as well.
So my question is, why bother with Wasteland 2 when we have F:NV? Is it going to be any better?
"There´s already one great game, why would anyone need another?"

Not that I´m suggesting Wasteland 2 is going to be a great game, maybe it will, maybe it won´t (personally I´m rather doubtful it´ll rock, considering the planned short development time), but I certainly won´t mind if more games with similar design paradigms (open world, C&C, factions, skill checks) and/or similar level of writing will be made.
Besides, Wasteland 2 is supposed to sport somewhat more diverse environments (more green) and I´m quite certain there´s gonna be tactical party based, and likely turn based, combat somewhere in there.

Last edited:
It has excellent stories, interesting factions, weapons, memorable characters and companions, huge and I thought that the graphics were amazing. So my question is, why bother with Wasteland 2 when we have F:NV? Is it going to be any better?
Read the official vision document for Wasteland 2, it will explain why it's a much different approach than the recent Fallouts. Key differences are that it's turn-based, tactical, and party based (you'll build your own custom party of desert rangers). It's meant to go back to an old-school style of gameplay that has been neglected in recent years.

It looks great for an early shot. Plenty of variety, lots of cover terrain, and the shadows show up nicely. Mix in some smoke, dust and explosions and it'll be most satisfactory indeed.

Are those guys really taking on an AFV with hand guns? Not even an RPG launcher? Meatbags!

Back
Top Bottom