Divinity 2 Missed oppurtunity?

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Having fun but …. :)

Anyone else feel this game needs an editor? Not to mention the increase in fan base or sales it would have generated, especially a multitude of times more than adding the ridiculous directx 11, in the expansion. This game could really use a modding fan base, plus could really use some nice tweaking, probably an endless list of request for fixes and mods.

How can the development team really think making the graphics nicer is going to convince the Action, RPG or the Action/RPG crowd buy the game, when it's gameplay and stablity matters so much more?

While I only played WoW for about 3 months, it has one of the largest sales if not the largest and it's clearly not for the graphics.

Anyway they have some really talented developers but whoever is making the final gameplay design choices really needs to come out of feature creap land.

I have enjoyed playing all the Div's without a doubt, but..

I've had similar thoughts on "Divs" games replay also, maybe a "patch/add-on/editor" bundle as a free download!.. as a kind of good will/loyalty gaming reward :D - would butter-up some impetus!

But seriously, consider the "dwindle" effect of my own personal Divinity experience...

1. Divine Divinity - played through five or six times -> * * * * *

2. Beyond Divinity - played through twice -> * *

1. Ego Draconis, Divinity 2 - played through once -> *

Following in this same grain suggests i might get only half way through the next Larian offering.

This same 'brewers droop' effect was similarly noticed in the Gothic series (amongst others) - when the initial replay immersion cannot be sustained in the follow-ups, i would say it's time for a 'back to the drawing board' strategy rethink perhaps?
Yes, i understand the dragon form change is crucial to the storyline but i sometimes wonder if the latter part of the game had continued as in the mould of the first yet building up to climax game ending, might have achieved another notch higher in the review ratings.

Storyline should always be dropped if it's taking the place of game play. That's what seems to happen in Div2. It's a fun game, until you become the dragon. Feature creep could definitely be felt in the latter parts of the game. Broken Valley gets an A, but the rest of the game isn't nearly as good. I can't believe their QA didn't point this out.

I don't find the dragon part bad, I was merely disappointed that "this was it". I rushed through the game wanting to become a dragon and get my battle tower, but once I did, I was practically done with all the challenges of the game (the first few levels in Fjords are hard, after that it's a walk in the park).

Also, I ended up completing it four times, primarily because I really enjoyed the character system - it's a lot of fun to design character builds in Div 2.

Not sure an editor would change a whole lot really. There's a reason NWN and similar games are based on small, rather simple modules - it would be very, very hard for a community to design and create a world like the one in Div 2. Mods would be cool I guess, but I don't think it would solve any of the technical issues. Generally, I'm not a huge fan of mods, usually they tend to ruin some part of the balance.

Back
Top Bottom