Fort Triumph - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The strategy RPG Fort Triumph has been released:

Fort Triumph

Fort Triumph is a strategy game combining the turn-based combat of XCOM with the world exploration of HOMM. Build towns, collect artifacts, improve your heroes, and influence your tactical surroundings using physics!
More information.

Now this is how you do a release trailer! :D
Lil' bit too clean & Toy-Story-ish for me, but will check this out later.

Okay can someone explain to me why recently almost every game that looks good has trash features and any game that has interesting ideas looks like shit?
This one is the former ofc:
Explore procedurally generated maps: Fort Triumph features flexible world maps with variable locations and events.
:rolleyes:

Honestly, this was sounding a lot more interesting until that new XCOM announcement.

Supported this one all the way and I'm looking forward to immersing myself once it's been out a few months or so, to work out any kinks and such.

I got this one due to low density of good games to play at the moment. It's interesting.. I wouldn't say a great game, but eh, it's kinda fun. I like the map exploration component ala King's Bounty, with battles that play out more like a gimmicky X-Com where breaking or pushing scenario into your enemies plays an important role.

All in all, playable, considering I wasn't expecting a lot. Grab it if you like this genre and you're bored.

Now this is how you do a release trailer! :D
Lil' bit too clean & Toy-Story-ish for me, but will check this out later.

indeed, to much toy story ish.
nonetheless looks, good enough to me.

It's my favorite game on Steam. Plays like an X-Com-meets-HoMM strategy game, has the environmental physics of an immersive sim. In fact, Ken Levine backed it!

I backed this but haven't seen my key. Sent a mail requesting they resend it to me, which I got a quick positive reply to. STILL haven't gotten the key though.

Last edited:
It's my favorite game on Steam. Plays like an X-Com-meets-HoMM strategy game, has the environmental physics of an immersive sim. In fact, Ken Levine backed it!

How similar is the strategy to HoMM, and how much of that strategic gameplay is included?
Is this like tactical squad battles to strategic explore/management ratio about 50/50?

How similar is the strategy to HoMM, and how much of that strategic gameplay is included?
Is this like tactical squad battles to strategic explore/management ratio about 50/50?

More like 75% physics-heavy X-Com simulation, 25% overmap material. Nothing new. Just solid recruiting, base-building, artifacts, encounters, and lots more, but what sealed the deal for me was the emergent physics engine, and that the enemies don't just become HP sponges as they level, they gain new abilities along with you. So fighting a two-star encounter has vastly different strategies and outcomes than fighting a one-star battle. More as I go. My brain cells are literally fried on dopamine and tactical burnout. Too many strategies, too many layers of action.

I backed this but haven't seen my key. Sent a mail requesting they resend it to me, which I got a quick positive reply to. STILL haven't gotten the key though.

The team is pretty active on Discord. I backed early access day one. I only regret I didn't know about the Kickstarter beforehand. It's got LGS qualities in a good way.

Honestly, this was sounding a lot more interesting until that new XCOM announcement.

If it helps, the new X-Com seems derivative of old X-Com mechanics, pared down to story-driven content. While more X-Com is always good, Fort Triumph subverts that entire genre, and spins it on its head. Not just by being set in a fantasy universe, like Sword Legacy: Omen, or by being set in a sci-fi universe, like this Chimera Squad spin-off, but by including new mechanics which are wholly unique, and should be standardized into the X-Com genre in every future game from here until the stars burn out. Underdog of the year.

Back
Top Bottom