Two Worlds II - Echoes of the Past 2 DLC

Yeah the voice acting was cringe worthy, and some of the humor just wasn't funny. Though the developers made fun of the voice actor in part one that was hilarious.

I guess I'm immune to the cringe.

PS: I am willing to consider the assumption that the voice acting of the first game was so poor that it left the scale at the lower end, and reentered it at the upper end.
Which means it would be both worse and better than the voice acting of CotT. Regardless, the voice acting of Two Worlds 2 was better than CotT's.

I liked that none of the games took themselves too seriously, I remember there was some quest in TW2 that actually had me laughing out loud.

I guess I'm immune to the cringe.
Don't worry I don't mind as I still played the game multiple times myself. Guess it all comes down to personal tastes, but I could overlook all of that in the end.

It's just like how Larian uses humor in Original Sin 1&2.

I rather liked the first Two Worlds. I appreciated the freedom offered in character development, as I recall, and I do like sandbox games. The second one? Not so much.

Agreed. For all the crap TW1 received, it was charming in its approach. I ended up completing it in full twice. The awkward voice acting, open world with interesting environments, and spell system really aided in my enjoyment, I think. The lack of monster respawns probably helped, too. It was nice to revisit old areas and still see corpses of creatures I had slain 20 hours earlier.

I gave TW2 a go a few years after release, and put it down for good after the first hour or two. I really couldn't get attached.

I do find it odd that they're still supporting TW2 so many years later, but admirable, too. I only wish that some of my favorite games received that kind of support.

Yeah, I forgot about the spell system. That, too.

Well, I own pretty much every rpg on the xbox, I tried to play Oblivion numerous times and could just never get into it. I am still trying to play Skyrim. I love all the Dark Souls games and the Dragon Age games and I also loved Two Worlds, the Witcher games, fable games, but Elders Scrolls? I just can’t enjoy it. But I am not so arrogant as to claim that it is a bad version of a game that I do like, just because I personally do not like it.

Oh and do you know how many posts I have written on forums about the Elder Scrolls games (just to say how I personally don’t like the games)? 0.

As for reasons why TW2 was really good: most customizable magic system of any rpg. ever. Very interesting storyline and fantastic, complex side quests. Great weapons and armor upgrading system (kingdom of amalur is probably the most detailed one, but many rpgs have good ones too). very good combat system. Oh and really cool skills in all three standard rpg trees (rogue-mage-warrior)

There are many other good things about TW2, and I hope that the designers of TW3 aren’t listening to the very vocal naysayers. TW2 is based on the same fantasy rpg lore as Elders and in fact most if not all rpgs. It also has some asian and middle eastern fantasy lore which is more unique in rpgs. So it is EXACTLY on the same level creatvely as the Elders games. Design and functionality wise as well.

And seriously, who do you think you are to say that it is a “cheap version” of Elders’? Based on what do you think you can say something like that? TW2 was a very detailed and very well made rpg with its own distinct world, a huge world and hours of unique stories. So are the Elders games. Why do they need to be compared?

But again for those who actually play TW2 on xbox and these mp dlcs. How does one play MP? It never works for me. Does anyone know?

As for reasons why TW2 was really good: most customizable magic system of any rpg. ever.

It's good, but is it _that_ good?

Some recent game which kind of does something very similar, but maybe takes it a little further is Fictorum. That's not a great RPG, 2W2 is certainly better overall. But the magic system is another story. I'd concede that the comparison is unfair, since the magic system is somehow the core part of Fictorum, while it is only one element of 2W2.

Then there's some older titles to consider, like Death Gate (I think?), Arx Fatalis, or Morrowind.

Snip Wall of text
So your first post is to criticize long time members who don't like a game you obviously are fanatically about given the language, and accusing others of how dare we say that.

Now moving on nothing to see here but I'll say this before I depart. You do know that journalist's from major review sites called both these games cheap Elder Scroll clones.

As for MP don't care never touched it.:cool:

I think the actual TES comparisons came from them, they were actually promoting it as "Oblivion on steroids". ( first one, that is).
Though why would anyone want to compare their game to Oblivion, there in lies the conundrum. :)
Gameplay wise reminded me a lot of Divinity 2, kind of attack&spam abilities with that unmistakable Gamebryo ( tm) floaty feel.
Magic system was good, but Tyranny had a lot more flexibility/options.
Best parts about the game was: hot player sister, magic, armor design, and that Desert Rose ( or something) questline ( with a plot twist, as you realize she's a dude, right before a sex scene, I kid you not). And a few crazy, over the top questlines ( remember that one about killer umbrellas or something).

Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace DLC Announced - Worthplaying
Return to Antaloor for a brand new adventure in the Two Worlds saga! When the ancient Elves resurface on a remote island, an old secret leads to the rise of a new evil. Racing against time, you must travel to the depths of hell and back before secrets of the past destroy the future of the land!

Picking up immediately after the events of "Call of the Tenebrae", you and your companions are stunned when the mythical, long lost Elves suddenly resurface on a remote island! But surprise quickly turns to alarm as the Elves reemergence brings a secret from the past with sinister echoes of the Tenebrae Order’s ancient evil! Now, with evil bearing down on the land and the unity of the races broken, the Shattered Embrace may spell doom for all of Antaloor!

With Dar Pha’s troubled mind assaulted by buried memories of her Elven heritage and an elite strike force of Adramelech’s zealots bearing down on you, you and your friends race to the Elven kingdom of Shadinar, only to find that the truce between Elves, Humans and Orcs has been shattered. In the kingdom of the Elves, seeds of distrust and prejudice planted long ago have borne bitter fruit and evil now wears many unexpected faces…

Explore the beautiful, never before seen Elven kingdom of Arveran and its four unique, expansive districts, including the royal Elven city of Shadinar, the largest settlement in Two Worlds history.

But keep in mind that this vast, tropical island is no vacation getaway! The sunny, tranquil beaches can quickly turn deadly, as its shores are guarded by advanced machines and Elven magic. Then, play detective in Shadinar while pairing with the Captain of the Royal guard to investigate a dark plot and a brutal murder that threatens both the Kingdom and the royal family! Travel outside the city walls to lush forests and the barren steppes to hunt wild beasts for sport and ingredients, then upgrade your gear and pick up side-quests in the bustling merchant port-town of Freehaven.

But nothing can prepare you to enter a forbidden dimension, where a blood-red sun casts its sickly light on Hell itself and an ancient, slumbering god begins to stir!

Back
Top Bottom