The Witcher 2 - Contest here at RPGWatch

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We have received a free gift code of The Witcher 2 from Good old Games that we want to give to one of our visitors.

The only thing you have to do to be one of the contenders to win this game is to write in our forums why you would be the lucky one to receive this gift code from us. (Note that you need an account at GoG to be able to use the gift code when you are the lucky winner).

The contest closes on Wednesday the 8th of June at 22.00 hours (CET).

The contest had closed. The winner will be announced shortly.
More information.

Last edited:
Let us know right here why you feel we should give the gift code of The Witcher 2 to you.

Well, I wouldn't want it for me but for my girlfriend.

I never beat The Witcher 1, lost my savegames and thus the motivation, but she really, really loved the first part so much. It would be great if I could surprise her with a download code for The Witcher 2 in Skype. :)

(We wanted to wait with buying new games until we can afford them. I'd get Portal 2 myself. ;))

"why you should be the lucky one to receive this gift code from us."

coz im lucky...'nuff said :lol:

Because I would give it away to a friend :) (allready got the awesom CE :D )

I have it already, too, but I'd love to give it to my friend. He's between jobs which makes it hard for him to afford.

I should be the winner because
1) I got a GoG account all ready, and my computer meets game requirements.
2) I'll most likely enjoy the game (the reason why I didn't buy it is because I wasn't a big fan of some aspects in the first one - but from what I've heard post-release from reviews and players I might just like this one).
3) I never win any shit. Okay, I lie, I once won Gothic4: Arcania, but that's like an anti-win. So in a sense I'm minus on wins.

I already own The Witcher 2 game on GOG, but I'm sure some friend of mine could use the code. :)

I'm almost finished with the first one and decided to test a friends copy on my computer to see how well it ran and I can go all out and use Ubersampling. I'll buy the game anyways but I can use ubersampling which automatically means I deserve it. :p

I'm doing this for my brother who loves RPGs. He loved Morrowind and really wanted a different and deep RPG with a mature storyline. This would really make his day especially with all the goodies that GOG usually gives out. He's also never considered GOG as a download platform as he always uses steam.

I absolutely loved the first one, and recently inspired my brother to give it a go - and he loved it. While I can't really play it at the moment (don't have the computer to run it, though at some point I will definately nab it), I am sure he would enjoy it as gift from me.

Why I should win a TW2 gift code:

• I went through 3 playthroughs of TW1 to get all variations of the Raven Armor plus The Moon Blade.
  • After all those QTEs in Heavy Rain, the QTEs in TW2 should be a breeze.
  • My OC'd XFX HD 6970 deserves a worthy challenge.
  • Switch a consonant and Geralt will be my first name.

Because it would be so awesome to win this gift just after my first post in this forum!

I already bought one, few days back. But i guess i need one more for my other brain half.
Ah hell with it, just give it to someone that still hasnt the game. Mmm someone that has not yet bought the game aint a fan so that person doesn't deserve it after all.

First time poster here.

"Why should I win?"

That's a tough one, and I figure honesty is better than hot air, right?

First and foremost, I guess I would like to feel for once what it feels to win something for free - I've taken part in countless competitions in my life during the 27 years I've been on this rock and I've never won anything. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Apart from that, I happen to be an RPG junkie. I'm currently playing through the 1st Witcher (Enhanced Edition Director's Cut) and it is simply awesome. Whats even more amazing is that the sequel looks even better. If I had the cash it would already be in my collection.

There's something achingly beautiful about these games, where you kind of feel sorry for the people who overlook them and will never experience the warm, fuzzy feeling of complete immersion they so gracefully offer. All in all, they are proper works of art.

Here goes nothing...

Because I have read all the books, which makes me a true Witcher fan ;)
And, I still don't own this piece of art.

I have the game already so I don't want nor need the code. I just want to say good job! Go GOG! GO RPGwatch! :D

I loved the original Witcher so much I played it through 3 times in a row and I am now replaying it a fourth time. I have to admit that it is a bit stale for me now, although I do still enjoy bits of it that had escaped my memory. But, until I have the extra cash to buy Witcher 2 this will have to suffice.

I don't feel that I *should* win, I don't think anyone "deserves" to win a contest of luck. I would LIKE to win, of course. I hope I do. But congrats to any one of you fine folks who turns out to be the winner!

The Slightly Awry Child

I was a slightly awry child born from a mother with leprosy; a horrendous ailment that made her flesh drip from the bone. "My son" she used to say, "doth thou see what God has done to me"? I grew angry at the lord. It wasn't long before she passed, forcing me at the age of 12 to journey to Jerusalem and try my hand as a fish peddler.

I was apprenticed by a gargantuan man named Ho-Jo the Heavy, famous for his ability to drink unfiltered lizard piss. As I grew, I pondered. I knew there had to be more than the evisceration of fishes.. and there was. A bold world of RPG games awaited me; so said the crows that visited at night. I had to be a part of this new frontier.

Eventually I did accomplish that goal, the playing of RPG games. But it still feels like my life is missing something; a Witcher 2 something.

theartofvincent

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom