Divinity II: DKS - Securom Removal Patch Coming

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From Lar on the Divinity II forums:

It's been promised for quite some time and it took us a lot of effort to convince people, but we finally received the greenlight to release a community patch that removes Securom protection from DKS, including the Steam version. It might take us a couple of days to get everything sorted out and prepare the patch, but it should be here very soon.
More information.

Yay! This earns a ton of good will from the actual paying customers and is a great decision!

Div 2 only uses SecuROM's disk check portion, at least in the versions I've seen. No activation and other BS.

edit: SecuROM on a Steam DL sounds idiotic though.

What's even more idiotic is the region lock. They should finally kick their publisher's butt and tell them to stop the geo-IP bullshit :) .

Good news, but it seems kind of late considering how long DKS has been out now.

Still, any news about DKS is good, and maybe this will catch the eyes of some people who haven't played it yet. DKS never got the amount of attention it deserved, imo.

Still need to get it for the PC, but it's not being sold in the US as a hardcopy, and it's rather expensive on the Euro sites (or not in English). :(

Div 2 only uses SecuROM's disk check portion, at least in the versions I've seen. No activation and other BS.

According to Steam, it also has "5 machine activation limit".
It doesn't sound like serious pain, but sure is unnecessary.

Still need to get it for the PC, but it's not being sold in the US as a hardcopy, and it's rather expensive on the Euro sites (or not in English). :(

...but the download-only version goes pretty cheap from time to time ($10e on steam last week, $20 on amazon right now).

The retail version of DKS isn't that hard to find if you keep an open eye on Ebay. Many vendors on Ebay.UK will ship to the US for just a few dollars.

Maybe there is a european Ebay I should be using?

Like the one I just mentioned? ;)

You're right about them being few and far between right now though. I just checked, and I only see 1 vendor selling the PC version atm. His price converts to about $42 US, but the shipping is free.

What's the current US price on Larian's own DL service?

Like the one I just mentioned? ;)

You're right about them being few and far between right now though. I just checked, and I only see 1 vendor selling the PC version atm. His price converts to about $42 US, but the shipping is free.

Ah yes. I thought the period was an end of sentence. :/

$42 is still too steep, but Ill put some alerts in place.

Cheers!

It's the same vendor, there's no need to create another account. The only difference is the US site shows the price in $US.

This game was ridiculously hard to get hold of in DVD form, English. Had to go to a Scandinavian retailer.

But not so keen on the game's combat - difficulty spikes, very repetitive routine on mage (roll/jump, spam magic missile, rinse repeat). And insanely long mana regen times - bored to tears. I literally played in between watching something recorded on TV. Then gave up - the great story, quests and atmosphere weren't enough to compensate for the tedium of encounters.

But not so keen on the game's combat - difficulty spikes, very repetitive routine on mage (roll/jump, spam magic missile, rinse repeat). And insanely long mana regen times - bored to tears. I literally played in between watching something recorded on TV. Then gave up - the great story, quests and atmosphere weren't enough to compensate for the tedium of encounters.

I played as a warrior and loved it. Great visuals, superb music and atmosphere, and very good writing. There were a few (optional) areas where combat got a little tedious, and I wasn't a big fan of the loot system, but otherwise I had no complaints. Overall I thought it was a worthy sequel to Divine Divinity and a great RPG on its own.

Back
Top Bottom