C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date?

Cyberpunk 2077
I don't think it's buggy. When demo was presented, the game was supposed to be fully playable (with placeholders and of course tons of bugs). A long time passed since then and whomever was recently recruited, my best guess is either collecting scrapped ideas and starting development of the sequel or using those scrapped ideas in some expansion. Hopefully it's not DLC but a sequel.

In other words, I believe the game is in Skyrim state thus it can hit the market tomorrow. However, CDpr are nitpickers and won't do it. Before they correct every single problem they're currently aware of, we won't see the game.

Well, that would be a first, thier first 3 games had bugs.

Witcher 1 was a mess on release and that prompted the free EE. 2 and 3 were less buggy but still had thier fair share at release.

3 were less buggy

It was? It had three huge patches in the first week it released (release day -19th-, on the 21st and then the 25th). They added basic features like the stash that was in the previous game in July. There was an enormous patch a few months later in October (with 600+ bug fixes) which was patch 10 of 22…and none of those patches were small outside hotfixes of patches (there was a few) and adding 4k and PS4 pro support patches.

Considering the amount of bug fixed, I'm surprised TW3 wasn't considered a bugfest personally. It's great CDProjekt is so committed to post-launch support though.

Yeah, every game ships not only with bugs, but with known bugs.

0fd7b20c-e8a0-11e3-9438-22000ab82dd9-original.jpeg

It was? It had three huge patches in the first week it released (release day -19th-, on the 21st and then the 25th). They added basic features like the stash that was in the previous game in July. There was an enormous patch a few months later in October (with 600+ bug fixes) which was patch 10 of 22…and none of those patches were small outside hotfixes of patches (there was a few) and adding 4k and PS4 pro support patches.

Considering the amount of bug fixed, I'm surprised TW3 wasn't considered a bugfest personally. It's great CDProjekt is so committed to post-launch support though.

Maybe they fixed them so fast I didn’t notice as much. I do remember Witcher 1 being especially buggy, but it’s entirely possible that 3 was just as bad.

My point was just that saying CDPR will fix every bug before release of 2077 is laughable.

There post release support though is stellar.

The reason you didn't notice a lot of bugs is because most of them were very minor. Overall, TW3 was incredibly polished for a game of its size at release.

Here are the complete notes for all the patches released for TW3. https://thewitcher3.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes

As you can see, there's been some exaggeration about the number of bugs, especially in those first 3 patches which were far from huge.

There have been a lot of patches over time though because CDPR seem to be almost OCD about fixing every little thing, and like you said, their post-release support is stellar. If only every developer was as diligent.

I just wish they could make a patch to fix the terrible loot system. :)

Last edited:
That would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm still thinking December at the earliest but 2020 more likely.

If history is accurate regardless of release date it will take a few quick patches to iron out the worse of the issues and a year or so to get the minor niggles.

Back
Top Bottom