Risen 2 - Cinematic Trailer

I think Risen is by far the best mainstream RPG to come out the last couple of years, next to Divinity 2. I am so stoked for this game. Ok, back to playing Ultima 7... (Please EA, dont F up my memories!)

The cinematics look good now to just wait for gameplay footage. It reminds of the pirates of the caribbean setting which is refreshing as they promised.

Definitely looking forward to it.
Spoiler alert for those who haven't finished the first one…
You've been warned…

Please don't mess up the ending this time around. I loved this game , but the final battle had nothing to do with the game play of the rest of it. I could go on… but, please, NO *twitch* ending. Give it some twists to make it interesting, maybe a few surprises, but make the ending more or less like the actual game. What good were all the skills and items and spells I had worked for? Nothing. Thanks for the the first 99%! It was truly great and *very close* to a fitting successor to The Gothic Series.

I believe that was the general consensus concering the first game. Liked the trailer, but I never judge a game by those; I want to see genuine gameplay, though I'll likely make this a pre-order game!!

Yes, I probably will, too. If only to support Piranha Bytes. It does look good.

Very interesting but, other than something being in the water, I'm not real sure what it has to do with the first game. Are we playing the same character? Is it even the same era?

Wow, I didn't expect that to be quite as awesome as it was.

Hmm not bad for a a cinematic...but what are the upgrades to the engine we saw last time? Thought the vodoo could be cool.

Pretty trailer. But no gameplay... so the wait continues...

Very interesting but, other than something being in the water, I'm not real sure what it has to do with the first game. Are we playing the same character? Is it even the same era?

Same hero from the first game.. two or three years after the events in Risen, iirc.

As JDR13 said its the same character but apparently using game logic technology somehow jumped 100 or more years in just three years. Its confusing but its something new instead of just fantasy rpgs.

The trailer is bah. Doesn't say anything about gameplay or story. (I mean, what do we find out? Someone wants something. Wow.) All I found out is that the company that made the trailer has bad artists in the animations section. Hmph.

I can't remember the last time i got excited by a trailer, it needs to be in-game for me to even care remotely. I'm looking forward to the game though, i hope they're gonna put a bit more effort into the later chapters than what they did in Risen.

Trailer was fine if somewhat "standard" - but I'm much more interested in in-game stuff, or details as to new features.

I half-expected Johny Depp to make an appearance ;)

It's funny how they said in the first interviews that it wasnt gonna contain any pirate clichés;

"Piranha Bytes emphasizes that they're trying to avoid cliché pirates (with parrots on their shoulder and stuff like that). They think more of "bandits sailing the seas", not "Pirates of the Caribbean".

In the more recent interviews they say it's gonna have plenty of pirate clichés :) Not that i care (clichés are fine imo), just a funny detail.

I half-expected Johny Depp to make an appearance ;)

Haha, I thought he was there at first... from a distance in the beginning it does look a bit like him........

Either way, it looks.... hmm interesting. But doesn't really say anything about the game.

Voodoo magic ? :S and is it going to be possible to have a companion perhaps?

I'm pretty happy to see that the old, tired medieval setting with the elves, orcs and wizards is finally not synonymous with rpgs.
Now if we get rid of the 'ancient evil that returns to destroy the cosmos' scenarios, we might start seeing some real creativity.

Back
Top Bottom