Votes: 36 30.3%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Not interested in Fallout

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
Fate is really trying lure me to become a freeloader. Amazon cancelled my fallout3 order without any reason:
Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order #XXXXXXX.

We are sorry to report that the release of the following item has been
cancelled:

"Fallout 3 UK Collectors Edition (PC)"

This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that
you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience
caused.

Amazon cancelled my fallout3 order without any reason:
What? They told you what is the reason:
release of the following item has been
cancelled:

"Fallout 3 UK Collectors Edition (PC)"

I am definately awaiting this game as well. The pics look good but I don't judge a game by its graphics. I usually play games on middle to low graphics because I tend to be a generation or so behind in hardware.

I definately fell into the hype for Oblivion buying the collectors edition on the first day...had to drive to 3 different stores since stores already sold out in my area. I definately spent a large numbers of hours in the game and tried out some mods. I hate to say it though, I never finished the main quest. I got too caught up in side quests and exploration and then started on a different game (Wizardry8 solo fairy ninja). I loved the ability to powergame as well but it was definately a bit more action oriented. I still consider it an RPG though.

In regards to the xbox leak, in a way I'm glad because the publishers now know that they can't just ignore PC users because consoles get hacked as well.

What? They told you what is the reason:
I just had the same email, it seems the collecters edition for the PC has been cancelled not the console ones. I just ordered the standard PC version, I'm not paying £25 more for the PS3 Special Edition, I don't need a lunch box that much lol.
Well I didnt expect that - I thought it was just out of stock or somthing. Now I feel like getting stabbed - PC game doesnt get CE but consoles do? This sucks if its true - thank you PC pirates for this one too.

I dont feel like buying fallout3 CE for xbox incase fallout3 gets similar mod treatment as ES series. I guess Ill buy nothing then if there is no PC CE - I just wait the prices to drop since there is no hurry to buy it.

Last edited:
There's still a CE for PC, just not for the UK apparently. I have it on pre-order here.

I have the CE for the PC on pre-order as well... and I haven't received any cancellation notice, so as far as I can tell there's still a CE for the PC, for at least the U.S.

Does this direct comment from one pirate help you understand? (translated from finnish)

That guy is an obvious moron. I love the comment about buying "few squaremeters of house" with game money. That could apply to anything, not just games. He's simply trying to make an excuse for being a cheap, ignorant, prick who doesn't want to pay for a product.

I don't really get the CE-or-nothing attitude. It's a shame but various markets (other than NA, of course) often don't get CE versions - what's wrong with the normal version?

As for the pirate quoted earlier...just a jerk; the world is full of them.

I don't really get the CE-or-nothing attitude.
Im not in hurry to play every game as soon as they are released (somtimes full of bugs) so if I dont buy the CE I just wait for the price of the normal edition to drop to say 15€ and save few bucks.

Before fallout3 Im still going to play atleast the fall: gaia reloaded and the brotherhood of steel (+possibly both stalkers) and I havent even started those yet. I just finished wasteland.

Somtimes I do buy normal editions as-soon-as-they-are-released but fallout3 doesnt seem that good after all the bad mouthing and leaking Ive seen in every forum.
I have the CE for the PC on pre-order as well... and I haven't received any cancellation notice, so as far as I can tell there's still a CE for the PC, for at least the U.S.
Ok. Lots of people are wondering why amazon cancelled the orders - they never gave any reason. Game.co.uk has cancelled too but they said that the game is too heavy or somthing. I switched my order back to play.com - hope they dont cancel too.

Last edited:
Im a fallout/nuclear holocaust/shooter fan and even though f3 its not a good game its still propably an enjoyable average radioactive-wasteland-shooter with a twist. Also the CE contents dont look that bad for its price - I might even have use for the lunchbox.

Last edited:
How do we know if Fallout 3 is or isn't a good game? Maybe we should actually play it first. ;)
Yes, we do not "know", of course. We just make reasonable predictions from the available data. I don't recall an occasion on which this approach to estimating a game's worth before its release wouldn't work.

And I want to have grounds to believe a game is good or bad BEFORE I shell out lots of money for it. How can I do it, if there's no demo? I can only read previews, search for dev interviews and so on. A sound critique of some of the given game's aspects doesn't need to be based on actual experience of the game on part of the person expressing the critique in question.

Yes, we do not "know", of course. We just make reasonable predictions from the available data. I don't recall an occasion on which this approach to estimating a game's worth before its release wouldn't work.

I could name a few instances when that approach didn't work.

Gothic 3 for one... ;)

A sound critique of some of the given game's aspects doesn't need to be based on actual experience of the game on part of the person expressing the critique in question.

No, but it's going to be far inferior to that of someone who has actually played it.

Well, somehow I'm pretty sure our opinions on Gothic 3 differ :) But Lionheart and Oblivion are good examples of the general rule I was talking about. Every justified criticism I can remember which had been stated before the games' releases turned out to be true. I don't see how Fallout 3 will suddenly become an exception.

And as for your second statement - it depends on the person who has "actually played" the game. Just look at Oblivion boards and legions of people who have "actually played" the game and claim it is a great RPG because you can roleplay someone taking a nap after eating a meal. I don't see such opinions being far superior to the valid criticisms raised about the game by people who have never played it.

I can only judge by waht we've seen on the net.
I voted "I hate it" because it seems Bethesda has transformed Fallout in a FPS with rpg elements. Real time combat and first person risk to spoil the game of its strong points. Also the semi-scalable monster level is disappointing. I'll wait to read some other review.

Not impressed. I think it will be quite a suprise if the developers of Oblivion make an FPS game and have it be something I would call an RPG. For it to be a decent Fallout sequel will require divine intervention.

Fallout 3 Developer Series 2D turn-based roots into a isometric beautifully rendered 3D, pseudo real-time, first-person RPG. Find out if Fallout 3 is a worthy successor to the old games or just a shallow rip-off to exploit a known name.

I just ordered Fallout 3 game from ebay for my brother because I'm new in gaming world & try it soon after receiving…:)

Back
Top Bottom