2012 NHL Playoffs

Scores from game

Predators 3
Wings 2

Octopus 3

Stairs 1
Redman 0

Other then we lost, we had a great time.

Weird first round so far… What the hell is going on with Vancouver??

At least I'm enjoying seeing Pittsburgh get destroyed.

Finally getting to see a game; Wash vs Bos game 3.

Weird first round so far… What the is going on with Vancouver??

At least I'm enjoying seeing Pittsburgh get destroyed.

First question: too many issues to name. Main ones are the officiating (and we hate to blame them the way Calgary always does); Henrik doesn't seem the same without his brother (I have a theory Hank has been playing with a bad wrist since November); LA is a team that has 27 1-0 wins during the regular season. They look like the old Avs out there with a team desperately playing D and a couple of really talented players when the dope is fully roped.

Second question: does Malkin need Crosby gone? Same thing happened in Vancouver and LA. Bure and Mogilny both had to play on line 1 - same with Robitaille and Gretzky, but for different reasons.

regardless, someone will likely have to takeover this - I may sit out the rest of the playoffs until the finale.

The Canadian Curse…..

Ottawa is tied in their series.

corwin congrats.

Wow, this year is really upside down. The Wings series has been strange in that the better team has lost all 4 games.

The flurry of multi-game suspensions has me even more peeved than ever over the Weber situation. The league kinda said "anything goes in the playoffs" in their excuse/explanation for not sitting Weber, but now they're giving players suspensions all over the place. The inconsistency of the single instance (particularly one that happened after the horn) really has me strapping on my tinfoil hat.

That's the tough thing about being a wings fan, anything less than the cup is a wasted season. It looks like another early exit. Greatly out shooting the opponent and still losing is becoming an all to familiar ending for our wings.

gawd, I thought my predictions couldn't be worse than last year but......

I'm stunned by most of the results myself. I don't think I've picked one winner yet!!

Did everyone forget about Round 2? :)

My picks...

East
Rangers over Capitals in 7
Philly over New Jersey in 6

West
Phoenix over Nashville in 7
St Louis over LA in 5

Rangers in 6, NJ in 6, LA in 5, Nash in 6

I guess everyone gave up.... after the disaster of the first round LOL. It's too late now because of some games already having been played but here I go anyway:

Rangers in 6
NJ in 7

Phoenixes in 7
Kings in 6

That first round wasn't a disaster, it was a CATASTROPHE!! :)

Every team I was rooting for this weekend lost. Well... Nashville is still playing but it ain't looking good.

Oh and who is that tool playing for the Predators who just grabbed the puck with is hand and threw it in front of his own net?

God they suck. I haven't seen a team make this many defensive mistakes in... well... ever. I'm going to have to start rooting for Phoenix, but that Coyote call everytime they score is beyond irritating. The whole western conference sort of looks like poo now that I think about it.

Yeah, I think it's highly unlikely that the Cup will go to a team from the West this year. None of the teams remaining have ever won the Cup, and St Louis is the only legitimate contender imo.

Back
Top Bottom