Baldur's Gate 2: EE - Review Roundup #2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I have found a few more reviews of Baldur's Gate 2: EE for the next roundup.

Twinfinite - 2/5

I know that Baldur’s Gate 2 is an incredibly well-loved game. I get that. I love the original X-Com, but I understand that if some walked into that these days (even an updated version that was cleaned up) it would be very hard to enjoy. This is more of a warning to people that have no experience with Baldur’s Gate 2. If you have not played this before, perhaps you should check out the first one. Maybe importing a character and knowing the rules and world a bit would have alleviated many of my frustrations, but as it stands, I don’t see the appeal.
OmniGamer - 3/5

The occasional new character aside, it’s largely as you remember it, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that, but a crisper resolution and a handful of new faces is far from what I’d call “enhanced”. This might be a great way to get younger or newer gamers involved in a true classic, but only the most hardcore Baldur’s Gate fans are going to see any value in shelling out $25 for a prettier picture.
Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5

Baldur’s Gate II is not a game to be missed. With an epic story, memorable characters, hundreds of hours of dungeon crawling, questing and adventuring, Baldur’s Gate stands tall among the classics. The Enhanced Edition takes all that (and then some) and wraps it in a much more visually pleasing package that will be more acceptable to modern gamers. Old fans of the game have good reason to come back, and new players may find themselves overwhelmed at first, but taking the time to learn the ins and outs of this classic CRPG will pay dividends.
More information.

The Twinfinite review person clearly never played the original. He obviously doesn't like the D&D play style, and his perspective pretty much nixes any value I might get from the review. Meh.

I have to credit the Escapist reviewer for making an effort to point out the new content, along with some of the associated problems. Few of the other reviewers seem to have bothered looking at that.

The Twinfinite review person clearly never played the original. He obviously doesn't like the D&D play style, and his perspective pretty much nixes any value I might get from the review. Meh.

I have to credit the Escapist reviewer for making an effort to point out the new content, along with some of the associated problems. Few of the other reviewers seem to have bothered looking at that.
Well he admits right from the beginning he never played the games before, and that was the purpose of the enhanced editions. As for the Escapist review I agree its the best one out of the two roundups.

Last edited:
I really don't know what to do with people like the Twinfinite person. His bio claims to having playing games as long as I have, and yet he has never gained an inkling of experience of the major fantasy realm of the last 40 years, nor one of the greatest franchises in all of gaming? He is surprised that he is creating characters before knowing what everything does?

Jeez ... my older son is a total console FPS gamer and could have written a more informed review than that.

It isn't even written as 'consumer advice' - in other words most of it doesn't read like he is evaluating based on trying to inform people ... I just don't know.

I really don't know what to do with people like the Twinfinite person. His bio claims to having playing games as long as I have, and yet he has never gained an inkling of experience of the major fantasy realm of the last 40 years, nor one of the greatest franchises in all of gaming? He is surprised that he is creating characters before knowing what everything does?

Jeez … my older son is a total console FPS gamer and could have written a more informed review than that.

It isn't even written as 'consumer advice' - in other words most of it doesn't read like he is evaluating based on trying to inform people … I just don't know.

Haha. The guy is obviously a fraud or has absolutely zero experience with full-fledged C/RPGs. Also, RTFM, for god's sake.

Yeah, that first review....wow.

All I could read in that 1st review was "I don't know wtf is going on and I'm not going to bother figure anything out." Great mind set to review a product!

I say he is a total fraud. A person with such experience wouldn't write a review like that. An experienced gamer would know how to adapt to new things.

And if he was such a newbie, why on earth didn't he read the game's manual? Are such things totally unheard for such a gaming veteran? :roll:

Or just google "baldur's gate guide" or something. He sounds like a person who is utterly incapable of learning new things or even searching information.

And the worst of all is how he just whines a lot. What a cry-baby and a wuss. I hope he buys a pair of balls next time when he is shopping online…

But comments under his "review" are entertaining. He got what he deserved.

In a strict meaning of the word there were only three anonymous and a guest out of 25 posts. And the author called all this vitriol upon himself by being either a liar or a moron.

Back
Top Bottom