Healer's Quest

I didn't back this but I'm curious how it will turn out. Sounds like a pretty interesting premise; just not so sure it will actually be fun.

The person behind the project seems to have quite a lot of passion for the work so I'm hopeful that this will be a really enjoyable game.

Healer's Quest was out for IOS long awhile ago so I had a chance to play it then, although the developer said that the upcoming PC version is a much evolved version of that. The IOS version alone was not something I would have remotely paid PC prices for, but it had potential and I could see a much more developed version being fun. Basically you learn various healing spells as you level up, including some damage buffs and things that don't just purely heal. You have a few party members with different abilities, but you don't control them directly. I think you could only ready 4 spells at a time, and fights could be quite challenging as you tried to figure out the best combination of spells to beat the fight.

That sounds pretty interesting, I've no experience at all with the game (if it is indeed already out), but have to learn and decide on certain spells to cast per battle could make for an excellent game. I'm a huge fan of buff spells, I tend not to use mages but any enhancements for my combat fighters is always welcome.

If I understood correctly, you don't control / command your party members at all right? i.e., the fighter hacks away at enemies and the mage blasts spells, the archer launches arrows, and your job is to just try to keep them all alive with white magic?

Again sounds like it could be fun but really depends on if there's enough variety and challenge without just being trial & error guesswork.

Did they say how much it will launch for? I will keep on eye on reviews... even if it is a former "phone game"

If I understood correctly, you don't control / command your party members at all right? i.e., the fighter hacks away at enemies and the mage blasts spells, the archer launches arrows, and your job is to just try to keep them all alive with white magic?

Pretty much, yeah. In the old version I played I think there was a barbarian type character who raged and did much more damage when he was low on health. So you couldn't control him directly but you could let his health get low so he raged, and then put shields on him instead of healing him. It was risky, but sometimes you desperately needed the extra damage.

You're too early. It'll be released in about half an hour.
Don't expect any input from me, I despise huge "buttons" like in Vinland that was released the other day. Also hated so called "push technology" about 20 years ago in web browsers that didn't survive being horrible, yet is making it's revival lately because touchscreen based phones garbage.

I haven't received a key as of yet, but even when I do it won't pull me away from Avernum three, at least not right away. It will simply have to wait for me to finish and hope to be chosen next!

So far just two reviews on Steam and both are positive.

Somone made a brief video of gameplay.

If nothing else, seems like it'll be good for some laughs.

I got my key today. I had the time to play a little bit, the game is hilarious in "gamers/gaming parody" with a few classic stuff thrown in.

Back
Top Bottom