Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition Preorder?

Your view on the DA2 Signature Edition Deadline?

• I never preorder

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • Never interested in DA2

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • Liked DA but not interested in DA2

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Interested in DA2 but dislike this preorder scheme

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I preordered to get the goodies

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • Interested, but haven't seen enough info

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Will wait for a cheap "gold" bundle

Votes: 22 17.3%

• Total voters
Not too interested, and I will wait for the bundled version. I'm in no hurry to play DA2, but I expect it to be a solid game - since that's what Bioware generally do.

I also expect it to be a step down from DA:O - but that doesn't mean it will be a bad game. Just not as good as it could have been.

I could also be wrong, and be pleasantly surprised - but I'm not big on preorders when I'm this uncertain. I also despise the concept of giving people in-game things that others don't get. It's a shady tactic designed to play on the "fear" that you don't get everything unless you preorder.

Give people the COMPLETE experience, no matter when they pay. About the only thing I would be ok with, would be a cheaper price as the ONLY incentive. Oh, and if people really want soundtracks or stuff like that - I have no problem with them charging extra for such crap - as it's not part of the actual game.

All the signs point towards yet another step away from the kind of game I enjoy, and one more step towards the primarily cinematic and streamlined experience that isn't for me.

I don't think Bioware will ever make a downright BAD game, but they'll continue stepping away from intricate mechanics and challenging gameplay, and I don't feel right supporting such a direction. It doesn't help that EA is such a big part of the equation.

I'm not a fan of the mainstream driven design, and I'm not a fan of playing the same game over and over, no matter how polished or competently it's done.

DArtagnan you have said everything I feel about bioware and there direction on the future of RPGs. Im sure it will be a good game also but I cant support a company thats supposed to the RPG gods when they don't even know know what one is.

I don't think Bioware will ever make a downright BAD game
For me there's Mass Effect but I played it less than 10 hours and certainly even less I don't remember. Not many games gave me the feeling of playing such a crap.

I don't say I'm right it's just what happened.

Mixed feelings.
I was going to pre-order it anyway; I did it sooner due to the deadline.
I'm okay with buying DLC. Yet this time I feel like a tool.
Lots of people are squeamish about DLC. Why do this?

Smart thing to do is wait for Gold release but I just can't. I'm so excited. There's a first adopter tax with games. I'm paying a premium & that should earn me some respect.

I enjoyed the first DA the first time I played it through. Skip ahead a couple months and as I tried to get into a second playthrough, I found myself incredibly bored of the (very trite) story. Not enough spells/strategy either. The only saving grace was Claudia Black and I *still* couldn't bring myself to even get halfway.

I might pick up the sequel a year down the line once all the halfassed DLC's get bundled together, but as for buying it on release, let alone preordering, my days of confidence in Bioware are long past.

Currently enjoying The Dragon Knight Saga, best RPG since the Witcher (though I have yet to play Fallout: NV).

Last preorder day today.

I don't preorder because I can never be sure when I'll have time for gaming - and I stopped buying games for my backlog. I buy when I want to play, not earlier.

Since they made an "Ultimate Edition" for Dragon Age: Origins, I know I won't buy DA2 before they publish one there as well (with all the DLC inside, you'll get a complete game). It's just not worth it (at least I think so), to pay twice as much (or even more), for just a few months. I'm really frustrated by this. I pre-ordered Origins (for PC) and it was painful to watch, how the price got halved in 2 months. It doesn't make sense to get a game early, at any cost.
Also, there will be several patches. People who buy it later won't just get it dirt cheap, but they'll also receive a much more polished product. It's not like there aren't any other games to play in the meantime.
I preordered The Witcher 2 however - other than DA2 I really can't wait to play THIS. I have my savegame ready for the import. :p

I liked DA1 and see no evidence that DA2 is any different apart from a better dialogue system in DA2.

first game was mediocre (well, actually first half was pretty good until it turned to shitty diablo clone) and add-on was horrible, I didn't even finish it. So I am not interested in pre-ordering DA2. I might wait and buy it later - if it's Codex approved, although I highly doubt it will be.

The signature preorder was only 36€ when i.e new console games can cost up to 60-70€ so I took it.

I did get bored with the first game though. Too much of the same and too easy. Run to the next room. Smack enemies with sword. Loot. Run to the next room. Smack enemies with sword. Loot. Run to the next room. Smack enemies with sword. Run to the next room. Smack enemies with sword. Loot.

There was no need for quick reflexes or anykind tactics. At one point I think my brains went to energy-saving mode because they simple were not needed in the process. I think the brains said to me "Wake me up when this shit is done and well continue".

I just couldnt stand it anymore. If enemies had any intelligence they wouldnt be dispersed to hundred different rooms (thats unless their goal is to bore me to death). They would gather in few strategical points that have important exists and block them with mass. Few bigger fights would also be much more interesting as a challenge than slow endless grind.

Last edited:
I did get bored with the first game though. Too much of the same and too easy. Run to the next room. Smack enemies with sword. Loot. Run to the next room. Smack enemies with sword. Loot. Run to the next room. Smack enemies with sword. Run to the next room. Smack enemies with sword. Loot.

There was no need for quick reflexes or anykind tactics. At one point I think my brains went to energy-saving mode because they simple were not needed in the process. I think the brains said to me "Wake me up when this shit is done and well continue".

I just couldnt stand it anymore. If enemies had any intelligence they wouldnt be dispersed to hundred different rooms (thats unless their goal is to bore me to death). They would gather in few strategical points that have important exists and block them with mass. Few bigger fights would also be much more interesting as a challenge than slow endless grind.

Sounds as if you used boring builds and specs for your characters, which brings me to a souce of some mega nerd rage I'm experiencing right now. ..and that is that there is no dualwielding in DA2 for warriors? WTF! They have by that move, consigned the warrior build to being the most boring piece of *** imaginable!

What the ** is happening to Bioware? They finally got combat right in DA:O, and now we PC gamers are being sold out to the console kids once again.

Noooooooooo

Well this is why I feel so … dismayed. Didn't enjoy rogue - never enjoyed Biowares rogues - I like a good kick-ass fighter, and that's exactly what I had in DA:O, speccing in STR and agility. With my mix of high stength and agility, that warrior of mine was a super-fast killing machine. I mean, who wants to bother playing a boring old tank anyway.

..and I bet the mages are less interesting too. I'd better check all the character specs in more detail, because I'm suddenly wondering if you can still spec as a ranger and so on.

Why, oh why oh why must games always get simplified in their sequels? Argh.

Back
Top Bottom