Two Worlds - Temptation More Sequel than Add-On

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamebanshee posts a factoid on the new Temptation stand-alone addition to Reality Pump's Two Worlds, garnered from the Zuzzex forums. They've obligingly translated a post there from Dick Hassinger, VP of business development:
As I already said Two Worlds - The Temptation becomes a completely new game and not an add-on. Not one 3D object from Two Worlds is reused. That cannot be done already out of technical reasons. We're using a new graphic and sound engine. Multiplayer is also using completely new code. And an add-on it can't be, because it is not compatible with the first Two Worlds. We don't call it "Two Worlds 2" because we don't think that sounds right. Simply compare the screenshots of 2WTT with 2W. I know that there are currently only 4 on the Internet, but new shots will be released in the next PC Action and in the next GameStar.
More information.

I wonder how this is going to work. Will I be able to use my old character or must I create a new one? Also the territory and the quests from the main game be included in the addon or will it be all new?

- hmm I found some info: the old lands will be included with an appropriate facelift. Still no info about importing the old char.

No matter :) I'm looking forward for this one.

Sounds very much like Gothic 1 -> Gothic 2, where you coul revisit the old world, but it looks a bit different. I will most certainly get Two Worlds: Temptation.

Hmmm ... very interesting, but it also looks like a much bigger (and therefore more problematic) undertaking.

Back
Top Bottom