Willy-Nilly Knight - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Willy-Nilly Knight has been released - the first Steam reviews are very positive:

Willy-Nilly Knight

Do you ever dream of being a real hero from a fairy-tale about dragons, sorcerers and knights? If the answer is yes, then you're in luck. Because you are in a fairy-tale right now! Moreover, you are the Knight by yourself! You are fearless, you have sharp sword and your destiny awaits you. But… There is always a catch.

First of all, you don't know what's going on. Secondly, local Gods have a plan for you. They want you to be their living weapon. To be someone who shall carry their will upon this world. Yes, it's unfair. It's absolutely, completely unfair.

So this is where your journey begins. In Willy-Nilly Knight you have to be a knight in the middle of strange and unpredictable events. If you want to find out the truth, then you should do your best in fighting and tactics. At least it's a tactical RPG.

What should you expect from Willy-Nilly Knight? It's a great story. It takes place in a wonderful world. You will meet many attractive NPCs and build friendships with them. You will master a unique tactical battle system and crafting. And it's just the tip of the iceberg. Really.

Exciting adventure of the true hero:
You will be a vital part of the great adventure and witness many different things. Do you want an example? What about confrontation with Gods? Or do you want to be a part of English folklore? Anyway, this journey will last more than 20 hours of gameplay so there will be plenty of events for sure.

It's real-time and turn-based all in one:
You could discover points of interest in this world in real time. But then it's time to fight game switches in turn-based mode. So you could keep your pace and plan your action carefully. Your action points is your only restriction there.

Surprises and references:
There are so many surprises and references... Could you catch 'em all?

Friends Will Be Friends:
In this journey you will meet many different characters. Some of them will be your enemies, but you could find friends too. Even a true love! All your companions will have unique skill-set so it's your right to choose with whom you want to be on one side.

Real handyman:
There are so many useful things in Willy-Nilly Knight… Armours, helms, boots, gloves, weapons, scrolls, potions. You could buy it. You could loot it. You could craft it! Take your chance to let your imagination run wild!
More information.

Noone tried this one?
Developer seems talkative on steam forums and reviews...

I have a friend that got this a few days ago and said it is really difficult, so I'm inclined to give it a shot based solely on that. But I don't game on weekends, we'll see what I'm up to on Tuesday =)

steam reviews are mixed; difficult is not one of the major complaints. Not sure myself. Think I'll wait for more feedback. Might pick up reaglla men on gog sale.

I played it for a few hours - and it is challenging on the standard difficulty level. The difficulty level can be changed. The monsters don't level. A nice fantasy RPG with tactical combat.
It is like a turn based Baldur's Gate with a more juvenile standard fantasy story.

I almost bit but saw the length and decided to wait for a sale. I've barely scratched the surface of the game I'm currently playing, so no hurry.

Back
Top Bottom