Looking for Mage based RPG game

Firebender

Traveler
Hey, this is Firebender.

First, i have to say i have really awful english so pls try to make sence from my sentences :)

As u see my name i'd like to find a game which includes bending like '' Avatar : The last Air Bender '' cartoon.

I've been trying to find avatar like games for a long time. I just wanted a game which includes fancy fire control or any other element. I prefer realistic graphic engines. I guess there is no such a game like this. I just want my character to act like zuko in the cartoon.

Is this kind of game exists or should i stick with Fable 3 for 5th time ?

You can play a Fire or Water Mage in these games:

Gothic 1
Gothic 2 - Night of the Raven

Hidden, he can, but are you sure he'll like them?
Fable 3 is endless respawn grinder. Gothics are completely different and were made as quality, not quantity.

Then again, when I think about it more, not only he'll like those, after he tastes Gothics, he'll uninstall Fable and will never return to it.

Firebender, I've never watched Airbender as I'm very picky and refuse to watch any kind of "childrenfriendly" stuff. So I'm not really sure what is happening inside that anime. Will becoming an element mage in Gothics be exactly what you're asking for… You can't know until you try. But I'm 99.99% sure you'll love it.
When it comes to games based on series, Avatar: Legends of the Arena, MMO, was shutdown last year. Never tried it so dunno if it was worth your time (and money). For Wii, Nintendo DS and PlayStation 2 exist three games based on series:
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (based on season 1)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Burning Earth (based on season 2)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – Into the Inferno (based on season 3)

Only the first game is also ported on windows. There is also a game Avatar The Legend of Aang, available for windows too.
Dunno why, but you can't buy them from the publisher (THQ). You can buy those however on Amazon.

Firebender, I've never watched Airbender as I'm very picky and refuse to watch any kind of "childrenfriendly" stuff.
Avatar: The Last Airbender (aka Avatar: The Legend of Aang) was an absolutely awesome series. Awesome voice-acting, awesome story, awesome animation, awesome fight scenes, awesome characters, awesome magic based on the four elements. I highly recommend it. :)

(Not to be confused with the movie called "the Last Airbender", which was quite bad from what I heard.)

You've heard right, Shalayman's Airbender is one of the worst movies ever made. That thing I've watched. Dunno what happened with that guy, after some pretty good stuff (for example after watching The Village I had to buy it on DVD for my home collection) he totally went down. Okay, his last work After Earth is not that bad actually, but is probably nor accepted very good in USA (no bullets and no shooting, almost no explosions). But let's leave that for movies thread, dunno I might actually write a topic about his stuff since I've watched them all.

Anyway, Airbender movie disaster isn't a reason I refuse to watch series. No. Series were aired on Nickelodeon or whatever the name of that channel is, and that means those are made watchable at any age. Anything that even smells as below PG (parental guidance) I'm skipping. Besides, I've stated in another thread or threads that I adore anime, but I'm not watching just any anime.

If you want awsome characters, animation, fight scenes and magic, rent (on Netflix) or buy Fullmetal Alchemist. The original series or rebooted Brotherhood, both are worth watching. The possible difference? Airbender (the movie and probably then series too) are about flawless or oneflaw-that'll-be-"cured" demigods. In Fullmetal Alchemist every single character has a set of different flaws. Some comical, some dangerous, some despicable and some presented as very cute, and they don't "fix" them just like that but either learn how to live with them or if they manage to cure one, they develop another - something I've never seen elsewhere.

Last edited:
No. Series were aired on Nickelodeon or whatever the name of that channel is, and that means those are made watchable at any age. Anything that even smells as below PG (parental guidance) I'm skipping.

You haven't seen Adventure Time or Regular Show then.

joxer: Your loss, then. I've seen both FMA series and agree with your assessment of them, and have watched a whole lot of other anime series. That said, the Avatar series ranks among the best of them for me (although strictly speaking, it's not an anime series). It has adult themes, too, and is as a whole thoroughly enjoyable.

Anyway, back to topic:

- Dragon Age: Origins was very enjoyable and the skill system is flexible enough to allow for all sorts of specializations. My favorite element is Air so my mage concentrated on lightning storms etc. See Spells (Origins)

- Diablo 2 (haven't played 3) had different options for element lovers:
- Fire, Water: Sorceress (Fire or Ice spells)
- Air: Druid (Elemental + crows)

- Diablo 2 (haven't played 3) had different options for element lovers:
- Fire, Water: Sorceress (Fire or Ice spells)
- Air: Druid (Elemental + crows)

From aRPGs I think that Titan quest has better mages, five mage classes(Fire, Storm, Nature , Spirit and Dream) that can be combined, with overall bigger and better spell pool than D2.

the Quest for Glory series, not only do you get to play as a mage, but you're scored when you take 'mage-like' approaches to problems :)

Back
Top Bottom