Guild Wars 2 - DirectX11 Support

Can't believe these games are still up and running. It's been many years already. I remember playing the original games and that was the only MMO I played back then.

I was playing through GW1 again just a couple months back. Great game, great character build variety. Plus the hand-drawn vistas still make you stop in your tracks all these years later.

GW2, on the other hand, well… I played through it on a couple characters when it originally launched, but in the end it ended up boring me. The diminished character building was a big factor. Nevertheless, I have a friend who still plays religiously; when asked if he'd rather play GW1, his typical response is, "I can jump in GW2." …Yeah, different priorities I guess.

I was playing through GW1 again just a couple months back. Great game, great character build variety. Plus the hand-drawn vistas still make you stop in your tracks all these years later.

GW2, on the other hand, well… I played through it on a couple characters when it originally launched, but in the end it ended up boring me. The diminished character building was a big factor. Nevertheless, I have a friend who still plays religiously; when asked if he'd rather play GW1, his typical response is, "I can jump in GW2." …Yeah, different priorities I guess.
Yeah, I spent a heap of time on GW1. It felt so fresh, so different from other MMOs. Also, the fact that you could kit out an array of companions to accompany you was big selling factor (though in some missions AI-controlled companions weren't much use).
And then GW2 came out, and it felt so ordinary. They took out most of what was unique about GW1 and made it a traditional MMO. Meh.

DDO got a 64bit client only this year ? Or was it last year already ?
However, I kind of fail to see why DDO has DirectX11 support, because the graphics are dated anyway… !?

when asked if he'd rather play GW1, his typical response is, "I can jump in GW2." …Yeah, different priorities I guess.

There is jumping and then there is jumping.

In SWTOR, for example, jumping looks totally unreal. It's like a frog hopping. No-one would do that in reality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom