The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

An interesting read on how loot rolls work : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...s-Yeah-right?p=6358945&viewfull=1#post6358945

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you Double Commendation of Valor, now through September 13th!

Therefore I think doing DA would be a good thing ? I'm not the planner, though. It's just a thought.

An entirely different thing : I love soloing with my level 13 Paladin so far … Now I had the thought that I'd like to get a few better items for her from raids … (Unfortunately all raid loot is BTC …) This had led me to the question if you do raids at all ? Apart from the ones we did … The main problem for that character is the flagging … I'd need to do the whole desert chain if I wanted to do the Demon Queen, for example. And that takes some time.

Anyway, if you ever need a level 13 Paladin in the group, you can ask me. It's an unusual build, however, since I took 2 levels of Rogue for her, and thus currently use light armor with her. ;)

I'm halfway through Raveloft with her (and interestingly she even got Pal<adin-specific dialog options when talking to Strahd and to Escher) and did no quest from the Demon Queel chain with her so far.

This Paladin is just the character I currently have most fun with, apart from Alrih.

This item code is a new hair colour, very unusual :

Double Bonus Points are back!
Now through September 13th

Rise Again!
Get 25% off:
Select Reincarnation Items
Healing Items
Spell Point Potions
Quest XP Elixirs
Now through September 17th!

Weekly Coupon
Petal Pink Hair Dye
Coupon Code PETALPINKHAIR
Now through September 17th!

Quick update for Peter and Az--
Alrik decided sleep is for the weak and the other group completed Tor. That means that next week we can start with the Pikers Fate raid and then get some new party splits for the Rage chain.

I got to rank 79. Alrik and the ladies are all way ahead, as they will be. The Old Man used his shiny new VIP Turbine points to buy another XP pot so he actually gained ground on the rest of us. He's up to rank 77 now- still a bit behind but no longer losing ground every session.

Sounds like a plan.

Since I know Alrik hasn't done any of them, might I suggest we make our way to The Shroud, Vision of Destruction, and Hound of Xoriat once we get to them? Shroud and Vision shouldn't be too difficult, and someone is bound to remember how the hell Hound goes at some point.

That just leaves out Abbot, which is a pain to flag for and we'll definitely outlevel well before we get it if we try. I'm pretty sure at least 4 of us have little to no pieces of the sigil at all, so that means many many many runs to flag. I don't quite hate myself that much yet. We might consider it for a future life though.

As fast as we're moving up in levels, we may also start giving thought to the next TR group. I will probably make good on my threats to run a trapper of some kind; since I keep getting Rune Arms I'll probably at least have a couple levels of Artificer. Build plan will of course be CHAOS, as usual, though I'll probably lose the sheet like I did with my current alchoholic.

Yeah, I never did them.

Abbott ? I … have an extremely vague memory of doing a few raids with you in 2011/2012 or so … I can't recall if I ever did the Black Abbott.

I'm a bit disappointed that raid items are BTC. Since I know that I'll outlevel everything with Alrih at one point, I'd rather like to get items for lower level characters of mine, to be honest. Preferrably my above mentioned Paladin.

But anyway, if you need me, I'll be there, as long my time allows it.

Since two collegues are on vacation next week, I'll have to shoulder a lot of work during this coming week, which might imply that I might be somewhat exhausted on Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if that would be so.

On a different battlefield I fear that I won't be getting to 1750 Favour on the HCL with my character there. For soloing, HC isn't a good thing, at least not for casuals like me.

My character there, called Rungholt after an legendary drowned town near the north-west German coast (Schleswig-Holstein), is still living, but at level 6 with almost 400 Favour there.
But at least he is still living, although he barely ( ! ) escaped death yesterday thanks to his Barbarian "Blood tribute".
Another part of that drowned coast there, the now island of Pellworm and parts of Nordstrand still exist, and I had been on Pellworm in 2016, which is a great, silent island now, with *lots* of sheep ! The night sky there is just fabulous !

If we're going to start thinking about a future TR, we'll need to begin having regular DA runs since I'm out of tokens and I doubt Alrik has many, if any.

We have never done the Black Abbot as a group. Necro 4 has an annoying flagging mechanic (thankfully better now) requiring we get 8 pieces of a sigil. In the past, the sigil was consumed each life, so it was rare enough that we got all 8 pieces at the same time, and without outleveling the preraid and raid. I think I only have three characters in 10 years that's been flagged for the raid. Only one right now, since the sigil is a permanent item now.

A few of us have ran it with pugs/outside the guild.

There's also the House Cannith raids and Shavarath Raid that we rarely have attempted. Those are level 20 in Heroic and tend to get passed over for TRing or epic.

I had been reading through the Necro4 quests in the Wiki - and they sound awfully complex to me.

They're actually not too complex, but they can be a pain. The real problem is that each has a single sigil piece that drops in that quest regularly; while all of them may drop in the explorer area, it's rare. So it can take multiple runs to get everybody a full sigil completed.

Then you have to run the pre-raid four times, each one doing a different end section, to flag for the actual raid.

The good news is that now the completed sigil stays after TR, so you only have to flag once per character.

Sounds like a plan.

Since I know Alrik hasn't done any of them, might I suggest we make our way to The Shroud, Vision of Destruction, and Hound of Xoriat once we get to them? Shroud and Vision shouldn't be too difficult, and someone is bound to remember how the hell Hound goes at some point.
Not sure how that will work out. We'll be hitting Sharn until our eyes bleed because the loot is simply too good (and bound to account) to pass up. By the time we get thru Sharn1 (the 15's), Sharn2 (the 16's), Cogs walkups, and Sharn3 (the 17's), we probably won't need a whole lot else to cap out. Might be able to wrangle in Hound and Vision since they're stand-alones.

I'd like to keep the band together for a bit after we hit 20, though. The epic Keep gear isn't too shabby for low level epics and the quests are quick and easy. Don't know if we'd putz around with much else before releasing the group, but I think a few of us (no names like "Corwin" shall be mentioned) might find epic quests more tolerable in a toon with some basic epic gear. Perhaps we could also have the ladies tour guide us thru a King's Forest explorer run to pick up some Comms. Remember that even the semi-crappy Eveningstar turn-in gear would probably be the bomb-diggity for Alrik.

As for next party plans…
1) If I can get Shadohe to from 29 to 30 in the next 10 years, she's probably coming around as a Vistani assassin rogue assuming I can cobble up a build that's not a complete hash. The other option for her would be a pale master.

2) I might bring Phuury back around as the Friday main again since theoretically that's my #1 toon. If I do that, he's got plenty of classes still to run- cleric (I still want my Temple of Doom death cleric, but DDO just refuses to cooperate), vanilla fighter if the group needs a front line, or maybe deep woods ranger since I've never tried that.

3) In a pinch, I could bring Wouldii around as half a dozen different classes depending on the needs of the group but I was probably going to take him to 30 and he's only barely into 22 right now. As usual, needs of the group will largely dictate what direction I go.

Corwin's right about starting the DA runs soon.

Last edited:
Got a 100 on my gold roll just now. 15k XP, a +20 heart, and this… Well, I guess I got this, can't say for certain. :) I'm thinking about naming him John Cena.

Attachments

• ScreenShot_2020-09-14_230630_0.jpg
    ScreenShot_2020-09-14_230630_0.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 23
Got a 100 on my gold roll just now. 15k XP, a +20 heart, and this… Well, I guess I got this, can't say for certain. :) I'm thinking about naming him John Cena.

Nice! I think my highest was a 97. Not a bad roll, but nothing like what you got.

I've got a couple of characters I can bring around quickly. I'd like to bring Rachail back down; she's been parked since Swashbuckler first came out. At the same time, I'll have Iji hitting 20 again, and having my crafter stick with the regular guild runs would make it easier logistically (Not that I remember to craft between levels). I'd also like to bring Aerie back around at some point, but being a deep gnome iconic wizzy means I'm a ways off of that. I think Fireflash is also available for TR.

It's too bad that the iconic shifter has that barbarian level. I'd need an LR to make one a trapper build, and that would push the level to 15. By that time, we're looking at the next party makeup.

I'd be tempted to do a straight disciple of the pointy stick build, but the problem there is that we've tended toward ranged-heavy groups lately, with high AoE damage. Melees end up left out before they can get to the fray.

The only melee worth running seems to be a Monk because with their speed they can get to the mobs before the ranged do, so get in a few whacks first!! :)

OK then… A summary of options, if you will, not necessarily in any order:

TD - assassin rogue / pale master / gimpy death cleric / deep woods ranger
Az - mutt trap monkey / TBD
Alrik -
Peter -
Corwin -
JM -
CM -
Fuzz??? -

Alrik, we generally start at level 2 or 3, so if you wanted to use one of your 700 existing toons ;) and had ones in that level range you could bring them into the group rather than starting from scratch if you preferred.

Last edited:
I'd be tempted to do a straight disciple of the pointy stick build, but the problem there is that we've tended toward ranged-heavy groups lately, with high AoE damage. Melees end up left out before they can get to the fray.
Fairly true. On the alt group, my barby can usually get there quickly enough to get off a cleave or two but rarely gets many actual kills. Serves a purpose as an aggro sponge without being a mind-numbing intimitank, but rather unfulfilling when it comes to body count.

On the mains, I've gotten in the habit of trying to run ahead of the party a little bit (tough since the bard is slow and I can't run speedy boots right now without breaking my Adherents set) and throw a cleave. Overall, fairly unsuccessful. I mostly have to contribute via being a buff bot, which is fine.

I've had that impression, too. The only "real work" is done when there are enemies sneaking past the front row to attack those who are standing in the rear, like Inquisitives, for example.

Also, there's a rumor that enemies tend to attack those with the lowest amount of health, too.

Alrik, we generally start at level 2 or 3, so if you wanted to use one of your 700 existing toons ;) and had ones in that level range you could bring them into the group rather than starting from scratch if you preferred.

I have a few between level 3-4.

Cinderheart, an aasimar Cleric whose skin metallic went kinda wrong ( I accidentally chose green, so now she's got brownish skin plus green metallic on her face),

Wiita, Wizard at level 4

Kriita, fiendish Tiefling Cleric at level … 4 ? 5 ?

Anhki (not Ankhi, that character seems also to exist on Khyber, but Ankhi is not mine) is a monk at level … 4 ? 5 ? I think she has a Rogue splash as well,

Tamhina (name after Mozart's "Magic Flute", there's a character in it with a similar name), which is an experimental build of Cleric, Rogue, Monk, with the goal to get the most of all quarterstaff boni on one character. I really don't know if that works, though.

Tiktaalik, the half wizard half artificer Warforced, sits currently at level 5. I still couldn't decide which class to get as his main class.

Hibaina is at level … 5 ? 6 ? and is a Warlock, made before the new Pacs came out.

And then Jadaram at level 6, a fun-build with splits of Barbarian, Rogue & Cleric.

And Thasabadram, level 5 Favoured Soul, seldom played.

And then, at last, there is Tirinha, which is to become a Vistani sneak fighter, and has one or two levels of Artificer, too.

So, Cinderheart is probably the best character right now, because she's a rather pure cleric. No multiclassing so far. She uses a warhammer as her favourite weapon.

Kriita and Wiita are also pure so far in their classes. As far as I can remember.

Update Just checked . Cinderheart is level 3, Kriita & Anhki are level 4, everything else is level 5+ .

Edit : I have a strange request.

I still have a screenshot that character Preacher got from a gold roll a "Fast Midnight Stallion".
I'd like to add that to the Wiki's list of mounts.
Therefore, could I get a screenshot of it ? Best would be a side view ...
Plus a screenshot of the description window ...
Thank you, if that's possible.

Last edited:
Fairly true. On the alt group, my barby can usually get there quickly enough to get off a cleave or two but rarely gets many actual kills. Serves a purpose as an aggro sponge without being a mind-numbing intimitank, but rather unfulfilling when it comes to body count.

On the mains, I've gotten in the habit of trying to run ahead of the party a little bit (tough since the bard is slow and I can't run speedy boots right now without breaking my Adherents set) and throw a cleave. Overall, fairly unsuccessful. I mostly have to contribute via being a buff bot, which is fine.

IIRC, Swashbuckler has a 1% * bard level to striding enhancement. Fast Movement. It'll take 7 AP to get it though.

I've had that impression, too. The only "real work" is done when there are enemies sneaking past the front row to attack those who are standing in the rear, like Inquisitives, for example.

Also, there's a rumor that enemies tend to attack those with the lowest amount of health, too.

Enemies aggro in this order: Healer, Ranged. You want instant, unending attacks? Play a ranged healer (Cleric or Favored Soul). My Arcane Archer Favored Soul drew so much aggro, I was getting attack by mobs from other quests. It's unnerving to see a raid boss show up to chase me in Korthos. :p

Last edited:
IIRC, Swashbuckler has a 1% * bard level to striding enhancement. Fast Movement. It'll take 7 AP to get it though.
I'll be breaking up the Borovia set quicker than I'll get 7AP anyway. Any decent piece of Sharn gear will probably tip the scales toward re-gearing. Appreciate the info, though.

Is DDO down right now ? I can't access their web site ...

Back
Top Bottom