The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I get drawn back to Leonard Cohen every few years. One of those artists that got second-hand exposure to (my aunt), and glad that I did.

I've been listening to a piano/cello duo called Piano Guys. Basically they mix classical tunes with pop tunes. They seem pretty popular, so probably not new to anyone.

A song everyone should have heard once in a lifetime, best in the late evening, when everything is dim, or even without lights on :

"Drive" by The Cars …

I've been listening to a piano/cello duo called Piano Guys. Basically they mix classical tunes with pop tunes. They seem pretty popular, so probably not new to anyone.

If you like that, you could perhaps try out Rondo Veneziano ...

OK, since I in that other thread I quite off-topically mentioned the intro to Monkey Island 3 as my favourite in-game music, and just in (admittedly unlikely) case some watcher never heard it: Here it is:

The interesting part is between 2:12 and 4:12.

Now for music I often listen to while playing fantasy games I mentioned Jethro Tull. There is of course the mighty and rather long…ish Thick as a Brick, but there is also this one:

Yes, mr Anderson looks a bit manic there, but that's his stage peronality. When he wasn't too old for rock and roll.

For post-apocalyptics I often choose Heavy Metal, and here's one example:

pibbur who likes both the khan and mr Karevik.

Finally, after 13 years. A new Tool album. Here's the title song:

Tool is to me and one reviewer the only band that has (ok, almost) never released a bad album and never a bad song (even the mighty Dream Theater for which I'm as as close a fanboy as I can be, have songs i never listen to). I guess it's partly due to almost never releasing anything. (5 albums in 29 years!!!!).

pibbur who is as enthusiastic as he can be, which is not much in general, but a "Yay!" definitely is in order.

PS. They sure look old now. Especiially mr. Jones.
Tool-press-shot-credit-Travis-Shinn-920x584.jpg
I guess all those years have taken it's toll. DS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom