Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Preview @ Player Affinity

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Player Affinity has a preview of Deus Ex: Human Revolution up, which is apparently not based on actual seeing the game in action.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution has had a variety of teaser material released, including several incarnations of trailers, developer interviews and even a few playthoughs emphasizing the multiple possibilities to resolve situations, such as the first level and a more advanced mission in which the player must ascertain the location of a hostage and proceed to implement his rescue. From a first glance, it appears that the majority of the problems identified from Invisible War have been reverted, including a full grid-based inventory system, multiple ammunition types and much more interactivity with the environment. Computer hacking has become a full-fledged endeavor, with computer terminals linking the player with a grid of nodes that have to be unlocked in sequence to utilize particular end-nodes that provide benefits, be it security control or background info (i.e. logs, emails or notes).
More information.

Ever since they gave us info about a full fleged PORT for this the excitment has faded . Im still very curious about the game , just not anticapating . Anyone feel the same ?

Yep, sorry to say it. I was under the impression that it was focussed on the PC platform. Obliviously it isn't the case. Although port maybe not be right word. Concurrent development seems more accurate.

And the latest game play vids looks one dimensional - no sneak or talky paths shown that completely avoid combat.

Ever since they gave us info about a full fleged PORT for this the excitment has faded . Im still very curious about the game , just not anticapating . Anyone feel the same ?
Oh yes. Specially after those gameplay videos, my interest went down. :(
Very, very sad.

And the latest game play vids looks one dimensional - no sneak or talky paths shown that completely avoid combat.

There's was no talky path to avoid combat in DX once you are in a mission. They have shown talky path to avoid "encounters" (or at least talked about them) in the Hengsha demo last summer.

As for sneaky path, the 20 multi-path video shows one, despite them not using it: you can sneak behind the ventilation to avoid the first guard (as opposed to take a none-lethal takedown on him) and go up to the roof to enter the building. After that we have no idea what the options are.

Are you assuming that that path is traversable, or are you piecing together segments from the other paths that were demonstrated? The demo I saw of multiple paths had the last guard always taken out before the door, if my memory serves me right.

Well, I'd have all guards to be able to be talked to. I guess that would be too challenging to implement with the requirements for voiceacting. :rolleyes:

So much for roleplaying choices…

Are you assuming that that path is traversable, or are you piecing together segments from the other paths that were demonstrated? The demo I saw of multiple paths had the last guard always taken out before the door, if my memory serves me right.

This video at 5:00. Jensen access the build by the roof. They take down the first guard, but looking at the setup I don't think it's necessary.

Back
Top Bottom