RPGWatch Killing RPGDot?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
There are only very few comments posted for the news topics at RPGDot these days. It appears that RPG Watch has totally deflated RPG Dot.

That's nice to hear, but I haven't visited there for a couple of weeks now; I hate all the ads and SLOW load times!!

I still visit RPG Dot for the game database. Is RPG Watch planning on building a game database?

Yes, it's a work in progress!! Myrthos is in charge of it, so only he really knows what's happening with it!!

I've popped by a couple of times ... even more excruciating now that there is no one there ...

We seem to have kept a good number of regular readers and commenters, for which I am pleased and grateful. Don't underestimate, however, the number of casual visitors RPGDot gets. For example, Google alone used to deliver about 1000 visitors to RPGDot every day and it will take a while to build up those residual links on other sites and so on.

Exactly, Dhruin, and their presence on Game Tab makes them a heavy hitter as well. They are aggressively pursuing the news and are advertising for new editors. They're doing all right all in all.....not as well as we are but all right nonetheless. :D

I still go there for old forum threads and some hints and the game database/Top100, but I did notice that the messageboard is pretty dead. I come here more than over there now though

Gametab doesn't actually deliver that many click throughs...we used to get about 20 or so a day. Perhaps people are reading the headlines but there's no way of measuring that.

We do better than you might think, Danicek. RPGDot is bigger overall but not that much.

It does go to prove how good the rpgdot site was for it still to continue somewhat on the latent effect of the hereditory status it built up over the years. I don't think you can say one site kills another directly - i thinks each and every site exists in its own right, relying on its own strengths and weaknesses. I always say removing the weaknesses will highlight the strengths even more-so, but not to stop there - other strengths must be added to compliment existing qualities so that the rpgwatch site can stay ahead in todays competitive and turbulent world.:)

Back
Top Bottom