Is it me or things have gone quiet in here?

I thought it was possible a while back since i had to allow it on a tickbox to view the politics threads. I think it was Eye that said to me it wasnt possible to block the politics forum. But it is for the best i think. I can come here and read the lefty posts so that i am atleast considerate of lefty attitudes to wards topics.

….and a chilllll filled the room

It appears an exodus of sorts went on around here among the oft-arguing hoi polloi while I've been on sabbatical. Dte is history (wow), and I dont see any of the other usual suspects popping up now and then either.

Then again, I'm generally staying out of P&R myself. Arguing w/ the insane, who staunchly defend the even-more-insane, will drive you slowly insane yourself. As well as make them dig in deeper. It isnt good for anyone.

There's that quote about fighting monsters, or staring into the abyss, or something to that extent. In any case, it isnt a good end result. Stay lite - play RPGs, think happy thoughts, paint happy trees, stay out of heavily populated areas, and keep a month of food and water just in case.

But hey… they came to ME on that last post in Off Topic. I was minding my own business, bothering no one. I'm being good now. I promise

But hey… they came to ME on that last post in Off Topic. I was minding my own business, bothering no one. I'm being good now. I promise
Well, we have a forum for politics, y'know. It had nothing to do with you, just with the time I got back from walking the dog :p.

For some - Summer holidays?

Oh, holidays … the son is leaving for a Scout camp today, and the rest of us will start our trip a week fom now.

In other news, the vultures are circling … or sitting … waiting for someone to lose it, scream incoherently, dance around and drop dead.

Attachments

• 2016-07-15 05.20.08.jpg
    2016-07-15 05.20.08.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 108
I didn't put that thread in the P&R cesspit for a reason. I thought it would be possible to respond to the tragedy on a human level, like the sad RIP threads we have from time to time. I would rather you delete it, if you must, than let it become circus in there.

Your wish is my command.

I haven't been posting very much the last couple months, just haven't found much interesting to post about.

I think one factor is there's less bickering now, which results in less posts because many threads used to be endlessly prolonged by a couple people bickering back and forth. With out that those threads now just die. So I'm not sure if less bickering is good or bad.

I think in general bickering was bad, as it often, as you said resulted in two or three people exchanging posts about details again and again and again. And again. Creating a high volume (long threads), but with little content.

pibbur who of course won't start bickering about this.

I will read it but i wont post in the politics threads anymore, I lost the heart to do it a while back. Thanks though for considering me.

It's like a honey trap isn't it.

Yes it was, this place is in decline.

crpgnut brofists this....and then throws up in his mouth a little bit. :D

Labor Day weekend, summer is coming to an end....time to put away the BBQ and get out the casserole dish. All of this points to being back inside more and playing some games.

Hopefully a good RPG or two will still be released by the end of the year. Avadon 3 releases tomorrow (good for those who like Jeff Vogel games I'm sure).

"No Truce With the Furies" is a possibility. And Meriwether. Perhaps the AoD Dungeon Crawler; but I haven't heard anything about it recently. Maybe Tyranny although I have my doubts about it qualifying as good. Not much else is likely.. unless something comes out of Early Access, or there's another release that comes out of nowhere like Ember.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom