Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue. Using IE 8. (Version 9 won't run right for me.) Jasons smilies are all that show up.

I've mentioned the problem in the past. Maybe I can get a screen capture for you when I get home.

At work I'm running IE7 where it works as I described. At home I have IE9, would have to check if it works on that or not. So a screenie of IE8 would be nice.

I can't believe people still use IE!! :) Get a 'real' browser!! :D

*Shrugs* The company I work for has standardized on Microsoft tooling, so I use Firefox at work, but IE is installed always.

That's what I was going to give him.

Yup, exactly, thats how it looks here too. IE8, 64 bit.

BTW F***ing firefox always crashes on my work computer, although I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times (as did the IT guy). Crap.

Arhu might know a better more permanent fix, he is more into this design stuff. For now I'm just telling IE7+ browsers to render the site in IE7 mode, which apparently solves the problem (tested it in IE9).

Works great, and I had no login or view issues. Ty oh great one. ;)

Now you like me ;)

Hmm, now I have issues with the browser I'm using on my iPad when visiting RPGWatch. Can't have it all I suppose, back to Safari.

Hey, I always like you when you fix stuff. ;)

What do you mean with 'youtube tag'?

Certain Posts are throwing me out of Rpgwatch!

I'm using Windows XP Pro with IE 8 ver 8.0.0.6001.18702 as my browser and it's running under InPrivate mode. Everything is completely updated and I've not encountered this problem at any other site I frequent.

There are certain threads containing posts which have pics or animated gifs in them which throw me out of the Rpgwatch site after they start running.

They can be located anywhere in a post that's in the thread. The post does not have to be displayed in the browser window; it could be contained way at the bottom of the thread in one of the posts I haven't reach yet.

As an example: In the General RPG Forum, there is a thread titled
"ME3 to Have Co-Op or MP at Gamescon"
If hover your mouse pointer over the text (might have to move the pointer off the heading & back on again) you will see this link displayed:
http://www.abload.de/img/0efkfrc9n.gif
Doesn't appear to be that link which throws me from the site (thats a gif of a cat).

Here's the link to the thread itself:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14430

If I click on that thread to read the posts in it, within a few seconds the browser window is taken over by an animated gif of what appears to be a hand flipping through stack of cash, the only option I have is to close the browser window. To return to Rpgwatch I have to reopen IE again.

I'm runing into this a lot the last few days in various threads and I'm close to the point where I may stop reading the forums :(

Ubbax
"Consciousness: that annoying time between naps"

Have you tried using a proper browser like Firefox, Opera, etc instead of that piece of malware called IE?

If I click on that thread to read the posts in it, within a few seconds the browser window is taken over by an animated gif of what appears to be a hand flipping through stack of cash, the only option I have is to close the browser window. To return to Rpgwatch I have to reopen IE again.

That's another animated gif from the thread.

It seems you're the only one with such a problem.

You could disable animations in your browser. Disableing plug-ins or JavaScript is also an idea.

That's another animated gif from the thread.

It seems you're the only one with such a problem.

You could disable animations in your browser. Disableing plug-ins or JavaScript is also an idea.

Thanks Gorath I figured out it was another gif and which one it was causing the problem through the Webpage Privacy Policy tool. I just could not seem to resolve the issue.

I was hoping to find a way to block the site it was coming from but have had no success. I resorted to your suggestion to "disable animations in your browser".

I have discover that you could just hit "escape" on the keyboard as the page finishes loading or press "stop (esc)" up on the browser bar instead but that's an inelegant solution at best. Also involves a bit of timing…

Ubbax
"Trust is good. Control is better." - Feliks Dzerzhinski, founder of the Soviet secret police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom