King's Bounty - Screens @ Worthplaying

Looks like a great game but its in Russian? What?

Looks like a great game but its in Russian? What?

There will be English version.

The original King's Bounty was the inspiration for Heroes of Might and Magic. Heck, you could call HoMM a clone. This version won't be at turn basedy they said so I'm not sure why they felt the urge to get the name.

Shore is purdy tho.

Lucky we've had this conversation before--combat is turn based, Why do you say the game won't be turn based then? Am I missing something?

Let me dig up the news post and edit it here. Maybe my memory is coming up my ears because its end of semester and these final projects are all due.

That's right, zakhal. I suppose that makes it not totally TB like Heroes, since there all movement was in turns. So, Lucky, we're both right. :)

Hmm, wasn't the original Kings Bounty "realtime" on the map, and TB during combat? The hero you played certainly "skipped" around on the map, but there were no turns as far as I know, so it seems they're following the exact same recipe.

And yes, Kings Bounty is considered the predecessor of HoMM, developed by the same folks (Jon Van Caneghem and so on at New World Computing).

Fantasy wars was great. Ill be buying this one too.

I was searching the watch forums for Fantasy Wars and noticed this thread: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=53387&postcount=11

where you say you own Fantasy Wars but

I havent played a single one yet - they are all still in wrappers on the shelf.

So on what are you basing your "great" take on FW?

Trying to find out if its worth picking up or getting friends interested in Dom3.

I was searching the watch forums for Fantasy Wars and noticed this thread: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=53387&postcount=11

where you say you own Fantasy Wars but

So on what are you basing your "great" take on FW?

Trying to find out if its worth picking up or getting friends interested in Dom3.

FW was good on all fronts:

1. Good reviews
2. Good user comments
3. I played the demo and loved it
4. Those who have played it through say it great
5. Its an unofficial sequal to one of my all time favorites - fantasy general
6. Fantasy Wars did so well they are allready doing expansion/sequal for it
7. It plays different than my other TB fantasy strategy game - HoMM. Thats always a plus.
8. My favorite game columnist (ive read his reviews/columns for 20 years soon) said this is one of the best PC games of the year

I dont see how EA or other big game publisher/developer could ever put out game like this. All they crank out is RTS.

Considering how rare games like these are you can not go wrong in buying it. Try the demo of FW so youll know for sure if you like its type (its different to dom3) and buy both of them if you do. Its not like games like these grow on trees.

If you havent played fantasy general you should definetly pick that up too. Its a good challenging game allthough not an empire building one like dom3. FG/FW are more about the TB battles than empirebuild/management like in dom3.

Last edited:
That's right, zakhal. I suppose that makes it not totally TB like Heroes, since there all movement was in turns. So, Lucky, we're both right. :)

Hmm, wasn't the original Kings Bounty "realtime" on the map, and TB during combat? The hero you played certainly "skipped" around on the map, but there were no turns as far as I know, so it seems they're following the exact same recipe.

perhaps you spoke to soon and I am in fact wrong. Magerette. Its been 21 years since I played KB, and I played it for something like 16 hours total. I was very mad that such a good game could be so short.

Fantasy Wars sounds interesting. I'll have to look at that and Avencast when I get time.

Fantasy Wars is on my list--played the demo and thought the idea of giving individual units movement was quite effective strategy-wise. King's Bounty looks promising as well, whoever's right. ;)

"Hence our particular interest"?! Like someone in here says, King's Bounty is -the- one game that started it all (or so I would learn a decade or two later :p), and a great game that in my opinion holds its innovation to this very day.

(Oh yeah, when I say started it "all", I mean the Heroes of Might & Magic in case anyone here didn't know what I was referring to)

Forgot to say that so naturally, I'd be interested in this game if it were developed by a bunch of toddlers in a Russian kindergarten (could happen).

Back
Top Bottom