Original Sin - Stetch Goals and Music

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
While the Kickstarter campaign for Original Sin is getting closer to the $400K (currently at #348K) the stretch goals are announced.
500K - New Area: Your Homestead on the Shelter Plane At The End Of Time.
We'll implement a new area to which you can travel at all times. An accidental gift by the Imp Historian (you know, the slightly bizarre time traveler that also gives you the Teleporter Pyramids)...
The Shelter Plane At The End Of Time is a barren place at first, and not without its issues, but with the proper care, we're sure you can turn it into a cozy, homely place. You can then recruit NPCs who will perform special services for you, provided they can overcome their initial fear...
650K - Talents and Personality Traits
We'll introduce talents that further define your character. These talents help you in combat, in dialogues with NPCs, and in all kinds of other interactions. You get to choose some at character creation, by exploring the world, and occasionally through leveling up.
For instance, Animal Empathy allows you to talk to animals. Slippery Eel allows you to evade attacks of opportunity. Interdimensional Touch lets you send items to far away party members but also to your Homestead on the Shelter Plane At The End Of Time.
Personality traits reflect the choices that you make and may shift during the game, depending on your decisions. These personality traits give your characters benefits and penalties. For instance, a Ruthless character gains certain bonuses in combat but becomes more infamous. A Loyal character receives bonuses when fighting back to back, but gets a penalty when trying to flee.
800K - Henchmen Become Companions.Companions will have a background, their own story to tell, their own goals and their own personality. The world and its inhabitants will react to them. The companions have their own dynamic story arc and quests. Their fate will change depending on the party's decisions.
Companions will have their own talents and personal traits, and will affect the party's spirit. A high party spirit means that in combat the party is more efficient.
Companions will be able to stay at the Shelter Plane At The End Of Time. Because it's handy to be able to switch sometimes if the situation calls for another approach...
1M - NPC Schedules, Day/Night Cycles, Weather Systems.
As the ground warms to the rays of the morning sun, NPCs wake up, and start going about their day. When evening falls, they go to their houses, light their candles and fireplaces, then get ready for bed.
The day and night cycles and the moons of Rivellon have an impact on magic and on monsters. The weather changes, and has an impact on the environment and affects magic as well.
And here is a preview of one of Kiril's darfts for a piece of music for the game.

More information.

Aaargh, I wish the NPC schedules wasn't the last stretch goal (1 million!)

The 800K stretch goal is the one that interests me the most. But, to be honest, I'm just happy to see that it's most likely going to get funded. I so want to dig into the toolset, as I've been hankering for a new modding engine in the vein of NWN and NWN2. I'd say the 650K tier is probably the most achievable, which is nice but not nearly as nice as real companions and true NPC schedules and day/night cycles. Those scripted shortcuts would significantly aid modders who will most likely want those two things in their mods, especially when building towns and cities.

These are all very desirable goals, especially the last two. Lets hope the campaign gathers some momentum.

I'm betting this will get to 1 million. I think the final push will add some strength, especially without Shroud and Torment to take all the attention.

I think they need to do more to create awareness of the game. It's already 33% through the funding cycle and the numbers who have backed it are not very large. Perhaps more interviews with gaming magazines, online gaming sites, Facebook stuff (god forbid - but everyone seem to want FB) I have no doubt they will easily exceed $400K but they could (and should!) be able to do some much better. I woudl love to see some of the higher stretch goals enacted, but that will require s lot of people to rush to this project.

Backed it with 25$.. Too many games to back at the moment! (Which is great news!)

Naturally my main interest lies with the 1m stretch goal. Currently they do not have the momentum to reach 1m but there's still time for that to change. It's tax time here in the states, a real sucky time of the year when you have to pay even more to the government and are in no way shape or form getting a refund. I'd be able to back another $100 to this kickstarter if it wasn't for tax time.

Schedules would be nice, but it's not a huge deal for me. Reactivity and C&C is much more important to me. That being said, I will be sorely disappointed if this project doesn't reach $1 mil. It deserves so much more attention than it has received so far!

almost 400k, paypal here I come.
The final stretch goal is indeed the most desired one.

Backed it with 25$.. Too many games to back at the moment! (Which is great news!)

Hey at $65 you get Dragon Commander as well plus *two* copies of Original Sin! I know that gamers can't get girlfriends (!?) for multiplayer, but maybe you can find a use for that extra copy? And Dragon Commander looks cool too…

I'd never heard a musical darft before, but that's pretty good.

Kiril is Russian and draft is Russian slang for a piece of unfinished work :)

I dont care for the 500k goal. The other 3 though are very important. Wish they'd scrap the 500k and move the others down a notch.

... Lets hope the campaign gathers some momentum.

I hope so too, but I do wish they would have chosen a different Kickstarter video to begin with. The whole thing was in my opinion a tad tedious for its length, and I wonder how good of a job it does at conveying the proper message to someone who
doesn't know a lot about Larian or the Divinity series.

I signed up for the 2 for 1. And I wasn't that interested Dragon Commander. But yeah, I've been interested in this game since they announced it. The first Divine Divinity was so very close to being a great game. And I'll probably make rune_74 mad at me again for saying this, but Original Sin seems more true to the Ultima formula than Shroud of the Avatar.

I have grumbled about using kickstarter just for marketing purposes, and it does appear to be the case here, (Swen Vincke has more or less admitted the biggest advantage of this campaign has been connecting with the fans), but at the same time I do want to want support Larian. And hey. Two games.

And I'll probably make rune_74 mad at me again for saying this, but Original Sin seems more true to the Ultima formula than Shroud of the Avatar.

Well I'll go ahead and jump into the shark infested water with you by agreeing. :p

That Homestead addition is going to be timeless... one for the ages... not a moment too soon...

Okay I'll stop now.

Back
Top Bottom