NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - Review @ 1Up

Dhruin

SasqWatch
1Up has the first NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer review from the major sites, penned by Gaming for Windows' Jeff Green. Describing it as "a stronger, more complex, and ultimately more satisfying game" than NWN2, the score is 8/10:
Me, I chose to import my trusty level 18 Dwarf Paladin, Doofaeus Moronico -- and had my best D&D RPG experience since Black Isle's 1999 masterpiece, Planescape: Torment (though it's not in the same league). Planescape is, in fact, the best point of reference here for describing Mask's campaign. Rather than sending you on a save-the-world quest, Mask focuses on an inward journey: You awake imprisoned underground for reasons unknown, and you soon find yourself victim of a horrific curse. You spend the bulk of the game hopping through portals into surreal planes and dreamscapes in search of who put this curse on you, why, and how to get rid of it.
More information.

Good short summing up. Disappointed to hear the camera is still a cause for complaint--but looks like there will be lots of other and better elements to offset that.

Got to love a guy that plays with a Dwarf Paladin, especially one with such a ...distinctive name. :)

Back
Top Bottom