Sin Slayers - Review @ The Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Gamer checked out the Indie RPG Sin Slayers:

Sin Slayers: The First Sin Review: An Apple Worth Eating

Indie RPG Sin Slayers: The First Sin came to life with a Kickstarter campaign. Developed by Goonswarm, makers of Alteric and Pandarama: The Lost Toys, it's a pixel art style game with a turn-based combat system. While at first, it seemed a little repetitive, as soon as I began to unlock new characters and features I was quickly drawn into this world of sin and corruption.

[...]

Verdict

Sin Slayers: The First Sin is an enjoyable, old-school-style RPG with turn-based combat and a few quirks. The different customization options and the unique sin system allow for a more in-depth experience than some other games of this type.

Once you progress into later levels, where choices become more important, expect the game to draw you in as you seek to level up and optimize your team for each challenge.

A simple but fitting soundtrack accompanies the retro style graphics to make this feel like the RPGs that were so common when I was younger.

I would have liked to see more detail in the narrative and an automatic leveling system, but overall, this game is enjoyable and immersive. Just make sure you don't get too complacent or (trust me) it won't end well.

4 Out Of 5 Stars

More information.

Checked out this thing called:
"I don't have much money for cool poses / animations so lets just create a cheap game instead"

MEH.. boring

Back
Top Bottom