C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Lots of new videos to post from NC Wire #4 Chop, chop! =P

I was hype. I have been hype. But somehow watching this today took it up to another level I was not sure existed.

Well you'll have to excuse me it's called sleep.:p

Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire: Episode 4

Cyberpunk 2077 — The Diner

Cyberpunk 2077 — 2077 in Style

Cyberpunk 2077 — Behind the Scenes: Arch Motorcycle with Keanu Reeves

Cyberpunk 2077 — Behind the Scenes: Revving Up Night City

Cyberpunk 2077 — Rides of the Dark Future

Cyberpunk 2077 — Cosplay Contest Grand Finale

Live Interview with Cyberpunk Creator Mike Pondsmith

The creator of the Cyberpunk universe and co-creator of Cyberpunk 2077, the man himself, Mike Pondsmith, in a live interview with the most annoying Cyberpunk fan: the MadQueen.

The next installment of the pen and paper game Cyberpunk Red, set between the events of Cyberpunk 2020 and the video game Cyberpunk 2077 is about to release (Cyberpunk 2077 wasn't the only Cyberpunk game going gold this week!) so we'll discuss with its creator Mike Pondsmith.

Cyberpunk 2077 - 15 MORE Things You Need To Know Before You Buy

Continuing our look into CD Projekt RED's Cyberpunk 2077, we're going to cover stats, customization, weapons, activities and other things you should know before buying. So without further ado, let's get into it.

Facial Animation & Multilingual Speech in CYBERPUNK 2077 with CDPR

Cyberpunk 2077 Speech Animation Workflow: An audio performance and tagged animation transcript from Canada's JALI Inc. is used to generate expressive high fidelity multi-lingual speech at unprecedented scale in a highly anticipated massive open world video game from CD PROJEKT RED with complex branching narrative.

Cyberpunk 2077: 10 Things You NEED TO KNOW

Cyberpunk’ aims to do what dystopian RPGs have failed before - Fandom
Cyberpunk 2077 is one of those games that boldly steals the name of an entire genre. There’s no lack of cyberpunk IPs, from Shadowrun to Akira, and there are repeating sci-fi themes woven through the genre that we find compelling in our increasingly online, yet lonely, world.

A core sci-fi concept that cyberpunk has wholly embraced is body modification, and all the consequences that come along with it. How much of yourself is lost when enhancing your senses, cognitive ability, and physical strength? Every sci-fi property has tackled it, but no game has gotten it right.

But while film and literature excel at getting in the heads of characters, this is something videogames have always struggled with. Games are better at getting across ideas through gameplay — but how does one do that with the concept of losing humanity?
CDPR Talks GI vs RT Illumination in Cyberpunk 2077 - wccftech
Today is October 18th, which means CD PROJEKT RED is putting the finishing touches on Cyberpunk 2077. The game recently went gold, but in this day and age, a developer's work is never truly done as they continue to work to the last day for the launch patch.

Even so, the folks at CD PROJEKT RED managed to talk extensively about tech in Cyberpunk 2077 In the latest PC Gamer magazine (December 2020, issue 350), where Jakub Knapik (Art Director of Lighting and FX) explained how ray traced Global Illumination will differ from regular Global Illumination in the game.

It was many many years ago that I was hyped about a game, but now I am!

This and having a lot of fun playing kingmaker, makes me feel 10 years younger!

So, it was just bad games being released for a couple of years, not me losing interest in gaming!

Cyberpunk 2077 – Talking Mods, Outcomes, Vehicles, Rewards & More

Cyberpunk 2077: YOUR Questions Answered!

We asked you for your burning questions about Cyberpunk 2077. You asked about its map, vehicles, how long to beat the game, and more, and we've got answers.

Miles Tost on Cyberpunk 2077 - Game Length and Development Process
"We never had dual wielding and I have said my words on techie so often; not sure what else to say about it other than that if you unsure, please wait for reviews, check whoever you trust after it launches and get their input. Not every game is for everyone, we don't have the power to change that, haha. No one is forcing you to buy the game day one and no one at CDPR wants you to be disappointed with a game you might not enjoy.

Having said that, on the topic of cut features: cutting features and scope is a very normal part of development. You can witness it so openly with our game, because we happily gave in to community wishes and showed you that 2018 demo. Think about it. The game - 2 years from release. Of course we iterate and change stuff and of course we also will have ideas that sound great on paper but then doesn't end up working out well in the game with all the other features. Witcher 3 we also cut a ton of stuff, but in the end all of it made the game better - now I understand, this is disappointing for everyone when it happens and also difficult to understand without all the context of development environment, but in this case I just kindly ask you for your trust. Just look at stories of so many other games you might enjoy.

Believe me when I say that during their development some loved features also were cut and you still enjoy them today, maybe even because of the cuts. In the end, it is all about how much fun the game and it systems provide you and we are doing our best to make sure it is as great of an experience as it can be. Sometimes for that, you have to make some hard decisions and this time around, you were here to witness it.

If you worry about the amount of content on our game, please don't. We're notoriously bad at judging how long gametime is in our games (I remember we estimated players would max out W3 at 100h), so we try not to do that anymore. But I can only keep saying what I have been saying in the past: you guys have seen nothing yet. It's less than a month now, soon all your questions will be answered (hopefully satisfyingly!) and I can't wait for you all to play it finally. Been a long time coming.
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
"
Cyberpunk 2077 Character Creation - All Options and Attributes
In Cyberpunk 2077 you are placed in the shoes of V, a protagonist with enormous scope for customisation thanks to the game’s deep character creation system. Below, we’ll walk you through every aspect of character creation, including your seven attributes and their uses, and the full depth of appearance customisation in Cyberpunk 2077.

Yup. December 10 now. I blame Trump, Covid 19, video game consoles, and the Illuminati.

Yup. December 10 now. I blame Trump, Covid 19, video game consoles, and the Illuminati.

We'll have to wait for an update from Q, to find out what's happened.

Good ole CDPR. So does anyone except another delay to 2021 next?

Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed until December - PCGamer
Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed again. CD Projekt announced today that because of the complexities of developing for PC, current-gen, and next-gen consoles simultaneously, while working from home, it has decided to push the game back by three weeks, to December 10.

"Since Cyberpunk 2077 evolved towards almost being a next-gen title somewhere along the way, we need to make sure everything works well and every version runs smoothly. We're aware it might seem unrealistic when someone says that 21 days can make any difference in such a massive and complex game, but they really do," CD Projekt said.

The publisher also addressed potential questions about the game could be delayed after announcing earlier this month that it had "gone gold," which is usually considered a measure of when the game is complete and ready to ship.

"Passing certification, or 'going gold,' means the game is ready, can be completed, and has all content in it. But it doesn't mean we stop working on it and raising the quality bar," it continued. "On the contrary, this is the time where m any improvements are being made which will then be distributed via a Day 0 patch. This is the time period we undercalculated."

Good ole CDPR. So does anyone except another delay to 2021 next?

My guess would be not, as I think they'll be loath to miss the holiday season completely. I imagine they must be having technical issues with one or more platforms, that are sufficiently bad for them to think they won't get away with it.

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1321128432370176002

I laughed real hard at the angry replies. (rofl)

Seriously, sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
But seriously, if so late in the schedule they decide to delay it again, I wonder in what state are they going to deliver the game? The game shoud've been in a fully playable and stable and fixed state months before release.

They either knew for some time that they were going to delay it, and only now decided to share, or there's some serious mismanagement going on behind closed doors.

Here's another official announcement on Twitter. Anyway I'll probably get flak for this, but this developer has never meet a release deadline for any of their games. I said it before there are no excuses for a game that had 7+ years of development time already.

At this point stop giving release dates if CDPR is just going to push it back again.

Attachments

• Delay.jpg
    Delay.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 44
Love this Twitter post. So true.:lol:
There'll be a party this evening in Ubisoft's offices.
Also shout out to John Walker of RPS he was correct last year.
No, I’m not wrong. I will eat my trousers if this game comes out in April next year. It will be September at the very earliest, and much more likely December.
See you back here in a few weeks for the next delay announcement.

These delays are certainly not indicative of a stable product imo. I have a feeling, and I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling they're barely able to keep it stable. And bad management is probably finally biting them in the ass. They can't keep the same processes as they did with Witcher 3, imo. I'm really curious as to the state of the game that's gonna be on release day. If they'll have the same success as with Witche 3 I'll eat crow.

Regardless, I'll probably only play it 1-2 years after release, when it's polished and all expansions are released. Did the same with Witcher 3, and was golden.

Back
Top Bottom