Age of Wonders 3 - March Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Triumph Studios has a post on the Age of Wonders 3 website with information the game will be released in late March.

New Year’s Update!

Happy New Year! Here is a small New Year’s update outlining what you can expect from us in the coming months towards the release of Age of Wonders III. The closed beta has kicked off with a first circle of dedicated testers. Feedback so far has been very useful and tremendously encouraging for the team. After the initial glut of bugs have been squashed we’ll be extending our invites.

Keep a close watch on our website, we’ll be adding lots of new pages to the website including new Leader Class pages and new Development Journals loaded with information.

We’re looking forward to bringing you this long awaited game. Age of Wonders III is now targeted for a release date late March, with Pre-orders starting sometime before that. Thanks for all your support thus far. In the meantime, please register and share your thoughts on our forums - who knows, you might be selected for the beta
icon_biggrin.gif
More information.

I can't wait to play this.:w00t:

I think it's time to replay the whole series once again. Anyone have any mod recommendations? I remember there was a few available.

Looking forward to this. Might and Magic Heroes VI didn't really do it for my turn-based fantasy strategy fix and while the last iteration of Elemental was actually rather good, I'm really jonesing for a good 4x fantasy strategy game of this style.

Late March, early April promises to be an exciting time for gamers :)

Then again, delays are the norm rather than the exception.

This spring is going to be rather hectic! I think it starts with Divinity at the end of February, and then it's pretty much back to back from there.

This spring is going to be rather hectic! I think it starts with Divinity at the end of February, and then it's pretty much back to back from there.

I am pretty sure Divinity will be delayed.

On the other hand Consortium is released in 2 days, on of games I backed on ks.Not in my top most anticipated games, but I am definitively very intrigued.

On the other hand Consortium is released in 2 days, on of games I backed on ks.Not in my top most anticipated games, but I am definitively very intrigued.

I have no idea what kinda game that is. Dont mind graphics but this looks like headache material.

Looking forward to age of w3. Seems a good triqueal.

Regarding releases this spring…I don't remember ever having so many RPG-Releases in such a small timespan

14 Jan - The Banner Saga (Tactical Turnbased RPG in direction of XCom)
23. Jan - Might and Magic X (TB Dungeoncrawler RPG)
24. Jan - Blackguards (Tactical RPG with The Dark Eye License from Daedalic)
Somewhen in January - Shadowrun Berlin Campaign
14. Feb - Eschalon Book 3 (TB One Character Classic RPG)
28. Feb - Divinity Original Sin (TB Coop RPG)
March - Age of Wonders 3

And not a straight RPG but an free Content Update for FTL is also to be expected during that time.
Xenonauts is also coming to the finishing line.

Regarding Age of Wonders:
Only played the previous games for a few hours. It felt too "wobbly" to me. The impact of your actions didn't seem immediate, the perspective of failure wasn't imminent. AoW3 seems to go much into the direction of the Civ games and I am very thrilled to see how it works.
Especially interesting will be for me how multiplayer is implemented.

Lords of Xulima in February, too. Probably half those things will be delayed, though. Still, the rest of the year is mostly just as packed.

I expect that Lords of Xulima won't release in february though (and I certainly hope so as I have no idea when to play all that ;) ). For the other games I don't see delays. The Shadowrun campaign might release a little later as they still don't have a fixed dated yet, but the other ones seem pretty solid. M&M, Blackguards, Eschalon all just had their release date announced. You don't announce a release date within a month or two if you don't think you'll make it.
And Banner Saga is pushing out instruction videos. They are also on their best way, doubt it will be postponed.
Not sure about Divinity.

Regarding releases this spring…I don't remember ever having so many RPG-Releases in such a small timespan

March - Age of Wonders 3

I am so glad that turnbased is hot again. This is gonna be a wonderful 2014.

Really happy about this :) It sure took them a long time between Shadow Magic and this heh...

Age of Wonders series is one of my all time favorite in the genre, along with Heroes III.

March - Age of Wonders 3

And not a straight RPG but an free Content Update for FTL is also to be expected during that time.
Xenonauts is also coming to the finishing line.

Regarding Age of Wonders:
Only played the previous games for a few hours. It felt too "wobbly" to me. The impact of your actions didn't seem immediate, the perspective of failure wasn't imminent. AoW3 seems to go much into the direction of the Civ games and I am very thrilled to see how it works.
Especially interesting will be for me how multiplayer is implemented.

This post makes me happy

When the AOW series was fresh, I was quite active at Aow.Heavengames. ;)

Age of Wonders 2 was a RTS/RPG hybrid that was excellent and one of my all time favorites, and this coming from someone who absolutely hates RTS games. I'll definitely play Age of Wonders 3 if it's anything like its predecessor.

Back
Top Bottom