DA2 Wait on DA2?

Dragon Age 2

jakebaker13

Watchdog
I am making the jump from X360 to PC sometime in january. I have played a bit of DA:O liked it for the most part. I always wished I had completed it. Here's my question: with the Ultimate Edition coming out on Tuesday should I go ahead and pick it up for my 360 or wait until I get the PC so I can import my charecter into DA2?

I'm playing the Xbox 360 version again myself, but I think it's universally understood that the PC version is superior as a role-playing game. As much as I like lying on the couch with just a controller, you have some better control over your party and better camera view on the PC. So yes, if you're jumping to PC, wait and get the PC version.

Wait for the pc......I think you'll enjoy both the game and the chance to export char. a great deal more that way.

Will we be able to import actual characters? I thought the character in DA2 was preset to the warden Hawke, and that only the world changing decisions (the king of Ferelden etc) would carry over.

If I were choosing between PC and Xbox versions I'd go PC because of the better controls more than anything else.

And the only DLCs I found worthwhile were Stone Prisoner and Awakening, but your mileage may vary. JemyM (who I normally trust on these issues) swears by Golems of Amgarrak, but I havent tried that one.

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. Yes I meant your decisions. To me it makes the story line more interesting and immersive knowing I did that to myself in a manner of speaking. lol

There's 4 more DLC released since the last I played? I don't have any box edition of the game the PC Ultimate edition will tempt me.

Just go for the PC version. It's cheaper, it's better looking, it controls more "naturally" and it's moddable. If you get the ultimate version then you don't have to worry about getting DLC or having to redownload it (it's all on disc), and some stores carry it for the price of, roughly, Awakening and a DLC pack, meaning you're getting a huge bargain.
Same with DA2, although the "better looking" point is debatable.

definitively the pc version because of the mods...just look at new vegas, a week or more from its release and already hundreds of mods out there :D

definitively the pc version because of the mods…just look at new vegas, a week or more from its release and already hundreds of mods out there :D
That's because it had an existing mod community (i.e. Fallout 3), and the changes a lot of modders had to make were probably only minimal at most.

yeah, well DA2 too has an existing mod community..quite big to be honest :)

Not really, Dragon Age's modding community isn't that big, and the toolset isn't a certainty (Dragon Age's toolset was never updated, too), so it could be that there won't be many mods for some time for it.

Being that DA was a story driven game, and highly polished on release, it didn't really have much of a need for mods to begin with, imo.

I would still definitely get the PC version, assuming you have a decent rig. Just for the higher resolutions if nothing else.

The only mod I bothered with was one that increased inventory size to 125. I hate limited inventory when you have no idea of what you'll need later.

PC would be my choice. Only mods I used were for more custom character creations and one tweak for Alistair - and that only after I did my first canon game.

Mike Laidlaw already indicated they have no plans, right now, to release a toolset for DA2. He didn't rule it out but suggested it was unlikely.

Go to dragonage nexus and tell me there is no need for mods.There are few fan mad modules coming out that are good to.They wont release a updated toolset because this time it was made for the console.Wouldn't want to favor the pc now would they.

They wont release a updated toolset because this time it was made for the console.
They didn't update the toolset during Origins, either - Why would they do so for DA2? I suspect they'll release a patch (post-release) for the toolset - or a second version - so it works with DA2, but that'll be it.

BioWare know the modding community is one of their strengths and they won't compromise that too much.

They didn't update the toolset during Origins, either - Why would they do so for DA2? I suspect they'll release a patch (post-release) for the toolset - or a second version - so it works with DA2, but that'll be it.

BioWare know the modding community is one of their strengths and they won't compromise that too much.

Do you always post on my comments.Its been stated its a a console developed title read may get a toolset not definitely. Don't get your hopes up masseffect doesn't have a toolset does it.

Back
Top Bottom