Kingmaker - Meet The Companions

That haircut seems eminently practical for wearing a knight's helm. It provides some extra padding, but there's nothing for a foe to grab during a fight.

Besides:
435px-Albert_Lynch_-_Jeanne_d%27Arc.jpg

Normally I like long hair on a woman, but Joan is just looking too cute there. :)

Somehow I remember this very discussion on this very companion a few months ago and the conclusion was that they were copying Joan of Arc but perhaps this sort of discussion happens so frequently and my memory is vague it was not quite identical. Still I'm pretty sure the same folks minus Dart had nearly this identical discussion on this identical game on this identical companion within the past year. Am I mistaken ?

Last edited:
Pretty terrible companions, I think I read you can make your own thankfully.

I didn't know she was supposed to look like a historical figure :)

In this case, the look makes more sense - definitely.

Will there be boobplates, chainmail bikinis and wings? Otherwise not interested!

:rolleyes:

No bikinis, wings or other sexual cosmetic outfits :p At least not in beta.

valeriy-vegera-3532534654.jpg

They must of used the wrong image

The artist was so mesmerized by her perfect beauty he failed to paint an true to nature drawing.

People must not be fooled, this fictious heroin must be seen in the flesh to get a proper measure of her beauty.

As Purple stated she cut her hair to be less beautiful. Her legend is that she is massively beautiful and was supposed to follow a goddess of beauty. She now despises that goddess and cut her hair to be less beautiful.

It makes perfect sense that she looks like for anyone who actually reads anything instead of just jumping to base conclusions.

The overall level of ignorance in this thread, on many levels, is apparently in direct opposite proportion to the length of her hair.

Due to her flawless, almost supernatural beauty, Valerie has been at the center of everyone's attention, even when she was still a child. Born into a noble Brevic family, the young girl soon became a shining star of high society. She quickly had to learn to resist the unwanted advances of her admirers, using cold arrogance and impeccable, distant manners as an impenetrable shield. Her father had chosen a great destiny for Valerie: she was supposed to become a paladin of Shelyn. However, the teachings of obedience and humbleness before the goddess of beauty and love appeared to be something that young Valerie wasn't too susceptible to - unlike the lessons of martial arts, which she mastered almost to perfection. The life of Valerie had changed dramatically when an act of blasphemy made her future path as Shelyn's paladin impossible. Having rejected the grace of the goddess, she left high society to take her fate into her own hands.

Today Valerie is not some nobleman's pampered daughter. Instead, she has become a seasoned mercenary, who has lived through dozens of battles under the banners of Swordlords. Having her gorgeous hair cut off and her silk dresses replaced by steel armor, she has broken with her past without hesitation.

Due to her flawless, almost supernatural beauty, Valerie has been at the center of everyone's attention, even when she was still a child. Born into a noble Brevic family, the young girl soon became a shining star of high society. She quickly had to learn to resist the unwanted advances of her admirers, using cold arrogance and impeccable, distant manners as an impenetrable shield. Her father had chosen a great destiny for Valerie: she was supposed to become a paladin of Shelyn. However, the teachings of obedience and humbleness before the goddess of beauty and love appeared to be something that young Valerie wasn't too susceptible to - unlike the lessons of martial arts, which she mastered almost to perfection. The life of Valerie had changed dramatically when an act of blasphemy made her future path as Shelyn's paladin impossible. Having rejected the grace of the goddess, she left high society to take her fate into her own hands.

Today Valerie is not some nobleman's pampered daughter. Instead, she has become a seasoned mercenary, who has lived through dozens of battles under the banners of Swordlords. Having her gorgeous hair cut off and her silk dresses replaced by steel armor, she has broken with her past without hesitation.
Well sorry can't help myself I know I'll get stoned for this.:embarrassed:

All that texts show is that Valerie is a medieval feminist.

Now excuse me while I run for the nearest exit.:paranoid:

As Purple stated she cut her hair to be less beautiful. Her legend is that she is massively beautiful and was supposed to follow a goddess of beauty. She now despises that goddess and cut her hair to be less beautiful.

The goal might be achieved. This being said, starting from high, going bald is one way to enhance beauty. Beautiful people can afford going bald while ugly people would prefer to use their hair to divert attention.

The backstory is weak: cutting hair is not a sacrifice of beauty for beautiful people. She could have disfigured herself in rejection of her goddess. Cutting hair actually acts as a refresher and is reversible.

That being said, no one cares about story. It is all about gameplay.

I didn't find her very likeable but I can understand her frustration of dealing with people and lessons she isn't interested in.

The backstory is weak: cutting hair is not a sacrifice of beauty for beautiful people. She could have disfigured herself in rejection of her goddess. Cutting hair actually acts as a refresher and is reversible.

That being said, no one cares about story. It is all about gameplay.

Uh.... no.

Why would she torture/harm herself to reject the goddess? She left the goddess' service which is defiant enough.

And *you* may not, but I care for the story as much as the gameplay.

I'm not sure I see all the "ignorance" in this thread - but I assume we all agree it's ok to have personal preferences when it comes to aesthetics?

I didn't find her very likeable but I can understand her frustration of dealing with people and lessons she isn't interested in.

Uh…. no.

Why would she torture/harm herself to reject the goddess?

Put aside that disfiguring does not mean automatically harming or torturing, the answer is for the sake of the argument.

Simple minded people see on a daily basis people who trade their beauty for a living play with their hairstyle, playing with length, volume, colour etc sometimes even going bald and being transfered millions of dollars in the process. And somehow it must be believed that cutting the hair is a statement against beauty. Quite the effort.

Obviously superior minded people see something else when they see people living off their beauty going short hair. They keep sponsoring the short haired people but no longer for reason of beauty.

Now, when people want to go that way, they can do it with efficiency.
Like DJT can.

Instead of getting her hair cut, this character could have decided not to have their fingernails done ever, never.

That would have been a statement, a sledgehammer.

but I care for the story as much as the gameplay.
Indeed.

no one cares about story. It is all about gameplay.
Noone +1 = 1. So it's not noone.
That one is me. I can't care less about gameplay, yet care a lot about the story. In every single game out there. Including this one.

I do have a certain problem though I cannot answer myself. Why do I feel good being a (sole?) minority?

Back
Top Bottom