Orange Cast - Action Adventure RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Orange Cast is an action adventure RPG inspired by Mass Effect.

Team Rezy is currently working on a new action adventure RPG that is inspired by the Mass Effect series, called Orange Cast. This little gem looks cool – though still rough around the edges – and its development team has released a new gameplay trailer that you can watch below.

Orange Cast is described as an action/RPG atmospheric adventure that is set in a large-scale setting where Soviet and Western science fiction are combined itself.

[...]

More information.

Looks interesting. Mass Effect inspired is definitely a positive for me.

The trailer looks horrible. :)
If gaming industry wasn't plagued by mediocrity and outdated designs I'd describe it with a word at 1:27.
Gluposti.
Google prioritized the wrong word as usual. The second is proper. The first is Google.

Anyway, Bioware is clinically dead. Till it receives firstaid CPR or dies for good, any clone like this with silly stuff like laughable armorstretching textures as if it's rubber and not metal, count me in. ;)
Instabuy when released. Of course, I'll be playing it with original VO and subtitles.

I'll keep my eye on this game, but have low expectations.:)

My thoughts during watching the trailer in their article:
1. This may be interesting.
2. Oh dear. I am afraid of another "Precursor" fuck-up.
3. The combat seems a little dull, let's hope that this improves with development.
4. The number one reason to do scifi games: Let everyon wear full helmets. No need to design faces.
5. The video suggests a more eccentric setting to me. That is, more like "E.Y.E divine cybermancy" than "Mass Effect". (don't have better examples right now)

4. The number one reason to do scifi games: Let everyon wear full helmets. No need to design faces.
Hair, not faces. Faces are easy.

This really doesn't sound like my cuppa at all. In this day and age, I think you'll scare off more folks than you could possibly attract if you liken your product to Mass Effect in any way whatsoever.

I said it prepatch. The patch fixed tired faces, but there was no cure for tired hair.

Best case could be Mass Effect and Metro swirled together. Worst case... another pointless action game.

The patch fixed tired faces, but there was no cure for tired hair.

Cure for tired hair is probably this… :)

d9cbfe9b-b1e5-425f-81e8-0e4d1968849d.jpg

This looks possibly fun but I hope it has an English version as well.

This looks like one of those games where the ambition exceeded the capabilities of the developers.

But let's see.

It usually is just look at another game called Exoplanet: First Contact.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/games/exoplanet--first-contact-932.html
Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/531660/Exoplanet_First_Contact/

Just one example of the recent trend of over ambitious but underfunded games.

Yeah, I really like ambition - but it needs to be within the realm of the possible, and I prefer an ambition that goes beyond what others have done before.

While I don't know much about this game, it doesn't look like anything except a weaker Mass Effect.

But I don't want to be too hard on it. I could be missing something.

Enjoy Mass Effect 1-3 replays, because you won't get another space opera so professionally made like that!

It usually is just look at another game called Exoplanet: First Contact.
Just one example of the recent trend of over ambitious but underfunded games.

I dont think this comparison is really fair.
- Orange Cast already looks much better than Exoplanet, devs are probably more experienced.
- Orange Cast doesnt look like to me as a game with "deep" RPG mechanics aside from some RPG skills/perks or stats (probably) and inventory. Its basically shooter with dialogues/quests on more planets. They already have the basics unlike Exoplanet which (afaik) needs much more work on RPG system and other stuff.
- The biggest challenge seems to be level design of more planets (how many?) but again it already looks pretty good.

So in worse case it will be less RPG/more shooter with less planets but it could be decent game.

In case of success they could start a trilogy and draw more ME fans.

"ME vibe returns in Banana Cast…" :)

Back
Top Bottom