The Witcher 2 - Interview Post Release @ Gamer Gaia

aries100

SasqWatch
Another post release interview for this game has turned up - this time at Gamer Gaia.
They've talked with the the VP of Business Development, Michal Nowakowski. They also talk about the gaming scene in general:

Now, I would like to ask a few questions regarding the general gaming scene. Today, companies make ridiculously huge amounts of money from mediocre games and it became more like a business rather than entertainment. There are some games with a profit margin more than the GDP of an average 3rd world country. Do you think that the gaming industry will face with a major failure in the near future like the music industry did back in early 2000s?

Do I think dev money is easy money? No, as for every successful project that sells well and sees sequels, there are dozens of games that either do not get finished because of lack of financing or ones that do not sell good or good enough and their sequels are canned. Is it easier for Publishers or Distributors? Not really either - there is always a risk of financial losses, and getting black in the P&L is not as easy as it may seem from the outside. And trust me, publishers also do not make profit of the size you are suggesting - look at EA posting loss results for so many past quarters. It is a business of risk, and a pretty big one.

And Nowakowski also answers a question about what they're doing as to not being pushed out of the market:

CD Projekt RED is a company that stands strong against major companies. However, there is always a risk of being pushed out of the market. Your independent attitude is well received among the gamers, do you intend to keep your indie status? What are your future plans regarding the company?

MN: We do intend to keep the indie status. We are listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange and as such are reasonably well funded. Well enough to FONT=Arial]continue our operations without selling ourselves to bigger entity. As for the plans, heh. We plan to keep making games with passion, and hope that gamers keep on enjoying them! And that really is about it - we may experiment with new platforms, maybe even new LPs in the future, but the general idea is to keep making games, and get better at doing that with every next release
More information.

Last edited:
Have they put the patch in yet to properly support 4:3 and 16:10?

Have they put the patch in yet to properly support 4:3 and 16:10?

Not yet. The last estimate I heard a couple of weeks ago was "late June" and they're definitely in that range now.

FYI, your news article is Hidden Text, at least in the Dark background.

Thank you for the fix and the work on getting this post/story out for us! :party:

Back
Top Bottom