Pillars of Eternity - Post-Funding Update # 79

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian Entertainment has released the next Kickstarter update for Pillars of Eternity that focuses on Graphics and Rendering, and they mention the game will be at E3.

Graphics and Rendering

Update by Adam Brennecke, Lead Programmer and Executive Producer

Over a year ago, in Update #49, we showed you the first movie of Pillars of Eternity. The movie showcased a beautiful scene in the Dyrwood complete with dynamic lighting, per-pixel occlusion, dynamic water and waterfall, and a day-night cycle. In this update I would like to give you an inside look on how these images are put together and rendered in the game, and I will cover new rendering features that we've added over the past year to address feedback from our backers about how our characters look in the scene. Warning: things might get technical!

E3

We are going to be going on update hiatus for the next three weeks as we prepare for E3 in Los Angeles. After E3, the next update will feature the final classes covering The Front Line (fighters and barbarians).

At E3, the team will be showing Pillars of Eternity at the Paradox booth behind closed doors. To avoid spoiling what we will be showing, we will be saving these moments until you get to play it. Because we want to include you in the experience, we will be taking photos at the booth, and in a future update we will be sharing more screenshots from the demo. To give you a small taste, here's a sneak peek at a scene that will be shown at E3:

e3c859e5dc78bcc73105fc2509ef448e_large.jpg
More information.

Competent team, their updates always deliver a fantastic experience! Its uplifting to see them elevate the RPG scene.

Just as John Rhee does with beautiful Liege.

I cannot wait for this game! I have high hopes they will deliver some great content.

My most anticipated game by far. My only concern is that my expectations are too high :p

Back
Top Bottom