Shadowrun Returns - Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Shadowrun Returns is now available on Steam. The game is available as a standard edition and there is also a deluxe edition. Though I do think many of you know already.

MAN MEETS MAGIC & MACHINE. The year is 2054. Magic has returned to the world, awakening powerful creatures of myth and legend. Technology merges with flesh and consciousness. Elves, trolls, orks and dwarves walk among us, while ruthless corporations bleed the world dry. You are a shadowrunner - a mercenary living on the fringes of society, in the shadows of massive corporate arcologies, surviving day-by-day on skill and instinct alone. When the powerful or the desperate need a job done, you get it done... by any means necessary.

In the urban sprawl of the Seattle metroplex, the search for a mysterious killer sets you on a trail that leads from the darkest slums to the city’s most powerful megacorps. You will need to tread carefully, enlist the aid of other runners, and master powerful forces of technology and magic in order to emerge from the shadows of Seattle unscathed.

The unique cyberpunk-meets-fantasy world of Shadowrun has gained a huge cult following since its creation nearly 25 years ago. Now, creator Jordan Weisman returns to the world of Shadowrun, modernizing this classic game setting as a single player, turn-based tactical RPG
More information.

anyone try this yet? is it too short as our forums thought it might be.

I'm told htere's good mod tools in it. Anyway to remove the magic and make it a true Cyberpunk game? ;)

yes I've been playing it for a few hours. I'm liking it a lot so far, but that's probably because the part I like the most about old-school RPGs is the tactical combat.

After around 4 hours I think it's solid game.Combat lacks depth but it's still fun and addictive.Writing is decent, setting is good but I think it has far more potential than it's used.I like art style of the game.
I didn't back this and I didn't have big expectation for this game and it didn't exceed them.For those that expected lot form this game I think they might be disappointed.

They had some info on their blog pertaining to localization and the Linux port, plus a pre-announcement of a project called Golem Arcana that will be Kickstarted in August.

The concept in the Golem Arcana video looks interesting but I wonder about 2 things. 1) How much will the miniatures cost for that. 2) When I think tabletop gaming, I think about people my dad's age more than mine. He would never buy a tablet/mobile device. Wonder how many others in the target audience would be in the same boat.

Back
Top Bottom